Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Platinum Benefits: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30661401-post132.html (breakfast is no longer offered for free at the restaurant as of late 2018)

Transit
Transit times and fare on Taipei Metro (NanGang Station on Blue Line) - Select BL22 NanGang : https://web.metro.taipei/e/TicketALLresult.asp (Taipei Song Shan Airport TSA is Station BR 13)
Bus 1843 from/to TPE Airport: http://www.kingbus.com.tw/en/ticketPriceResult.php?sid=182 / http://www.kingbus.com.tw/en/ticketPriceResult.php?sid=181
High Speed Rail (NanGang Station) - https://www.thsrc.com.tw/en/timetable/searchresult
Regular Rail (NanGang Station) - http://twtraffic.tra.gov.tw/twrail/EN_QuickSearch.aspx
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Taipei [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2021, 10:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
This is one of the better courtyards in the world so pretty nice quarantine hotel if it’s not priced too high. The issue is that nangang is pretty far from most of the city even though it’s directly on the blue line but that shouldn’t be an issue if you need to quarantine
Old Sep 29, 2021, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by gengar
Taiwan's rules used to allow home quarantine under certain restrictions, but this was prohibited a few months ago which has resulted in a huge supply-demand imbalance for quarantine hotels. No surprise more hotels are converting.
Originally Posted by RedElmo
I guess this helps keeps hotels afloat too.
Originally Posted by gengar
I suppose that's true, especially with the government subsidizing (IIRC) ~1000NTD/room/day for quarantine hotels as well. But the gov really should allow home quarantine; the current restriction has made it very difficult for citizens to return.
me hoping that the government is ramping up quarantine hotel availability to allow vaccinated travelers enter with potentially decreased quarantine. (Wishful thinking I know)
Old Sep 29, 2021, 10:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by myperks
me hoping that the government is ramping up quarantine hotel availability to allow vaccinated travelers enter with potentially decreased quarantine. (Wishful thinking I know)
Just knowing how popular mitigation measures are in taiwan relatively to other countries, you’re better off trying to book a flight into space with Virgin
Old Sep 29, 2021, 10:25 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Just knowing how popular mitigation measures are in taiwan relatively to other countries, you’re better off trying to book a flight into space with Virgin
I wish US would take a page. One single page out of Taiwan’s mitigation plan.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
You are way off if you are comparing getting a Taiwan covid entry visa to getting a flight on virgin to space (unless you are referring to just registering your interest in virgin space flights )
Old Sep 29, 2021, 10:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

You are way off if you are comparing getting a Taiwan covid entry visa to getting a flight on virgin to space (unless you are referring to just registering your interest in virgin space flights )
A little hyperbole never hurt nobody
Old Sep 29, 2021, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That article states:
Options under consideration include turning it into a quarantine hotel, an exhibition venue or office space, the hotel said.
Methinks it is closing down for now. They would have taken reservations by now if operates as a quarantine hotel.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
That article states:

Methinks it is closing down for now. They would have taken reservations by now if operates as a quarantine hotel.
fair enough… this property is not that old so converting it to a quarantine “appropriate” property under whatever health requirements shouldn’t be too complicated. The Aloft Taipei Zhongshan apparently just did it pretty quickly.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 7:28 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Hi, is there an email address where I can contact the hotel with regards to my reservation?
Old Apr 16, 2023, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by shevboyz
Hi, is there an email address where I can contact the hotel with regards to my reservation?
Which Courtyard Taipei? Downtown or NangGang?

If it is the downtown Courtyard: [email protected]

There is also an email address:
[email protected]. which is likely the Nangang Courtyard, but I have not verified it.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 4:11 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Was asking for the Nangang property.
Will try to see if it works. Thank you!
Old Jun 18, 2023, 10:51 am

Programs: bonvoy lifetime titanium, UA 1k, BR gold
courtyard taipei bait and switch?

thanks to the community for pointing out my oversight.
I definitely did not see it at first.
my bad.
gudugan likes this.

Last edited by arthur -- flyer wanna be; Jun 18, 2023 at 5:34 pm Reason: oversight
Old Jun 18, 2023, 11:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Looking at the Rate Details for the various FUN! package rates at this location, all have this clause :

Was this detail included when you made the booking ?
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 11:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
BTW, can anyone make sense of that rate restriction ? Is there a full stop missing between "earnings" and "member's" ?
Old Jun 18, 2023, 11:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
BTW, can anyone make sense of that rate restriction ? Is there a full stop missing between "earnings" and "member's" ?
Looks drafted by someone not fluent in English. A semi-colon would be more appropriate than a comma in that spot.

I recall these restrictions showing up at a Thai property a couple years ago and significant debate whether properties were allowed to exclude elite benefits on their published rates. Reviewing Bonvoy T&C, it seems Marriott allows this, but I'd hesitate to stay at any property that played this kind of game.
notquiteaff and gudugan like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.