Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Miami Beach EDITION, Miami, FL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ucfjoe
Miami Beach Edition has $40/day resort fee as of Jan 7 2018. Parking (Valet only) is $45/day.

It no longer offers Plats free breakfast.

Miami Beach Edition Website
Print Wikipost

Miami Beach EDITION, Miami, FL [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:32 am

I have 2 free night certs to use, up to 60k level (courtesy of RC card) and was planning to use it in Miami beach. Wondering which of these 4 would be your pick: W v/s Edition v/s RC, Bal harbor v/s St. Regis. I'm a plat elite if that makes any difference. Was considering the RC in south beach as well but I believe that's closed for renovation and re-opening in 2019 so not an option. Planning to go with my wife and just relax by the pool and the beach.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by rct12345
I have 2 free night certs to use, up to 60k level (courtesy of RC card) and was planning to use it in Miami beach. Wondering which of these 4 would be your pick: W v/s Edition v/s RC, Bal harbor v/s St. Regis. I'm a plat elite if that makes any difference. Was considering the RC in south beach as well but I believe that's closed for renovation and re-opening in 2019 so not an option. Planning to go with my wife and just relax by the pool and the beach.
W and Edition hard product is better than St. Regis. Plat treatment at W is better than at Edition, in my experience. Edition is more quiet and relaxed than W. I don’t have any RC experience.

If my wife and I were looking to just hang out, we’d probably pick the Edition or W. I’d lean to the W for the suite. Note that all rooms at the W have ocean-view balconies, but not everything at Edition does, if that matters.

Hope that helps.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by CLEguy

W and Edition hard product is better than St. Regis. Plat treatment at W is better than at Edition, in my experience. Edition is more quiet and relaxed than W. I don’t have any RC experience.

If my wife and I were looking to just hang out, we’d probably pick the Edition or W. I’d lean to the W for the suite. Note that all rooms at the W have ocean-view balconies, but not everything at Edition does, if that matters.

Hope that helps.
Thanks! That definitely helps. Edition/St Regis/RC, Bal Harbor seem like the better hotels but with W , I'm getting better/desired location, ocean facing suite with balcony and breakfast (plat status).
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
If you're just looking to relax, I can't recommend the St. Regis enough! Beautiful property...I personally think the rooms outshine the W and the Edition, and certainly the Ritz in Bal Harbour. All rooms are 650 square feet PLUS a 200 square foot balcony, all overlooking the ocean, and all with modern tech and finishings. Plat recognition is generally very good here...I've been upgraded to specialty suites a few times (1,200+ square foot suites with 2 balconies and 2 full bathrooms), and breakfast is the full buffet (normally $50pp....huge and delicious, mimosas included too!). Outside, there are two pools, one of which is a tranquility pool for adults only and is never crowded (I don't think I've ever seen more than 10 people in the pool). Service is top-notch also, and you have some great restaurants right across the street at the BH Shops. Just note that it will all be a little quieter since it's about 20 min north of the South Beach action - could be good to relax, but I know the liveliness of SB can also be a draw.

(Side note: resort fee at the SR includes two cocktails daily at the St. Regis Bar - not a bad way to spend your evenings
3rdworldresident and duhe like this.

Last edited by svo242; Oct 5, 2018 at 8:56 pm
Old Oct 6, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by svo242
If you're just looking to relax, I can't recommend the St. Regis enough! Beautiful property...I personally think the rooms outshine the W and the Edition, and certainly the Ritz in Bal Harbour. All rooms are 650 square feet PLUS a 200 square foot balcony, all overlooking the ocean, and all with modern tech and finishings. Plat recognition is generally very good here...I've been upgraded to specialty suites a few times (1,200+ square foot suites with 2 balconies and 2 full bathrooms), and breakfast is the full buffet (normally $50pp....huge and delicious, mimosas included too!). Outside, there are two pools, one of which is a tranquility pool for adults only and is never crowded (I don't think I've ever seen more than 10 people in the pool). Service is top-notch also, and you have some great restaurants right across the street at the BH Shops. Just note that it will all be a little quieter since it's about 20 min north of the South Beach action - could be good to relax, but I know the liveliness of SB can also be a draw.

(Side note: resort fee at the SR includes two cocktails daily at the St. Regis Bar - not a bad way to spend your evenings
Totally agreed. To me, St. Regis all the way.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Platinum
Anyone have any recent data points from stay at this property as Marriott Platinum Elite? Is 4PM late checkout available and or Breakfast included for Elites?

Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Wow so as a PP w/ambassador just don’t stay here. Just finished a stay and here is a quick summary...60k points a night is the biggest ripoff I can point to in the entire system if you need to stay in the area book the AC (across the street) for 35k points who share the same beach chairs and quite literally my three friends over there (plat) had better views and bigger rooms than I did. Feel free to PM me if you want more details but I’m putting this down as my most regrettable stay ESPICIALLY if you try and weigh this on points. For me StR wasn’t available but I’m kicking myself for not going back to W SOBE and walking.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:57 am

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Originally Posted by maza918
Anyone have any recent data points from stay at this property as Marriott Platinum Elite? Is 4PM late checkout available and or Breakfast included for Elites?
Yes. No and no. Curious where you ended up since you posted this in Oct.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:50 am

Just got back from the Edition, I can only recommend it if you have kids and a lot of extra cash. The place is now kid friendly and had over 100 kids in the pool.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:47 am

Exclamation trust gps navigator?

GPS says - hotel bla bla stars, great place, turn bla bla bla. Come there and figure out that really its cleaning company there. ...?? Why?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by Steverolton
GPS says - hotel bla bla stars, great place, turn bla bla bla. Come there and figure out that really its cleaning company there. ...?? Why?
Welcome to FT. Not sure where your GPS took you, but the hotel is at 2901 Collins Ave in Miami Beach.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:52 am

Just returned with my wife from a trip to Miami. We spent several days in this hotel. We really liked their professional service. The rooms were always very clean and smelled of freshness. Would recommend this hotel.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:39 am

Wow, property much be running some sort of promotion for spammers.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Any recent stay data?

Platinum member, going for my birthday next weekend, $319/night AAA rate. Have stayed at W South Beach and Royal Palm before so interested to see how this compares. Has anyone been to the club in Basement when they’ve had a DJ on a Friday or Saturday night? Also doing dinner one night at Matador. Any recent experiences or tips on hotel, restaurant, club, or surrounding breakfast spots much appreciated. I will write a review afterwards.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
Starbucks across the street for breakfast...better food is down in South Pointe, generally. Matador is mediocre in taste, service, and price. I would pass...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.