Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Phulay Bay, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Jan 14, 15, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat

Wow.... we checked in today for four nights. Two rooms. (Package guaranteeing next door rooms as my uncle is on this trip.) Books base reserve room. Upgraded to pool villa rooms.

The arrival and check in ceremony-yes ceremony-was enough to get me choked up. (OK-I am a sucker for that stuff and have been traveling for 30 hours from the east coast of the US. I am beat.)

We traveled here in J BWI-JFK-HKG-BKK on Cathay award tix. Miles were via US Airways through travel packages. RC Phulay does not participate in MR, but they specifically said they recognized my loyalty in giving the upgrade. (Paid ticket from BKK-Krabi. After Krabi 7 nights in Phuket)

On arrival, you are greeted at these huge gates by the hotel manager and bellman. He introduces himself. You see the arrival pavilion through the gates across a pond. A gong begins to sound as he leads you across the pond on stone tiles barely above the water. In the pavilion, you are introduced to the staff-your butler, manager of rooms. Lemongrass tea, cool towels, and orchids for my wife. My words don't do it justice. I will get pics of the area.

Will do complete review, but have some basic room pictures below. The room is a large as a house.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=a31a7e651c
Old Jan 14, 15, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Reserved for review info.
Old Jan 14, 15, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Reserved for additional review info.
Old Jan 18, 15, 11:21 am

It is enough to choke anyone up . I'd told you they treat you like royalty, although a bit envious you got that upgrade !!
Old Jan 18, 15, 1:29 pm

I remember you said you have a vacation club ownership at the JW Phuket, I'm curious if you'll ever be able to look at the JW the same way after experiencing the RC Phulay
Old Jan 19, 15, 4:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Did this hotel in 2013. We came in on the boat from Krabi and the welcome ceremony was just as amazing from the beach up to the lounge area. Also got a room upgrade to the pool villa on a 5-day stay. Needless to say, this hotel set a new bar for resort vacation stays.
Old Jan 19, 15, 1:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Looks fabulous. Too bad it's on the exemption list for earning/redeeming points.

Cheers.
Old Jan 19, 15, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JamesEaston View Post
I remember you said you have a vacation club ownership at the JW Phuket, I'm curious if you'll ever be able to look at the JW the same way after experiencing the RC Phulay
James: We are at the Marriott Beach Club now in Phuket for 7 nights. Certainly is a different experience. The food is a bit better in Phuket IMHO. A busier and different vibe. Not nearly as luxurious or opulent, but we still like it for what it offers. However, I am having difficulty adjusting to the small king sized bed here.

Stay report to come soon with more pics.
Old May 11, 15, 8:40 pm
Suspended

What ever happened to the report?!
Old May 12, 15, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pricesquire View Post
What ever happened to the report?!
Laziness! I will get it done.
Old Aug 24, 17, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
OxonFlyer posted that this property offers free breakfast based on this on the Marriott site:

http://www.marriott.com/hotel-search...ree-breakfast/

A luxury resort of unparalleled natural beauty nestled along the beach of the Andaman Sea
Business center
Fitness center
Free breakfast
Free high speed Internet
High-speed Internet
Kitchen/kitchenette
Pet friendly
Plug In Panel
Pool
Restaurant on-site
Room service

But when you click on the property website it doesn't seem to come up?

Cheers.
Old Feb 6, 18, 1:56 pm

I was under the assumption that this property could not be booked using Marriott points or Ritz Carlton card free nights...is this still true?
Old Feb 6, 18, 11:24 pm

We stayed here for 5 nights on a half board package and stayed in a huge pool villa room by the main swimming pool. It reminded us of the Maldives' land villas in the color scheme and outdoor shower/tub. It's absolutely huge and stunning. We liked the breakfasts and dinners here a lot and preferred Lae Lay for dinner. Our butler was very sweet and always arranged for us to have rides or anything we needed. We rode bikes to the nearby Tab Kak Hang Nak and hiked to a magnificent view of Ao Nang and the whole area- definitely recommend it. We had massages and pedicures and all was very nice and clean. It's nice to be in such a large nice resort in Thailand.
Old Jul 9, 19, 11:14 am

Any recent stays at Phulay Bay? Looking to go there next year and I'm indecisive between the Beach Villa and the Reserve Pool Villa. Beach Villa is much cheaper with larger outdoor deck but smaller room. Reserve Pool Villa seems more extravagent but you're tucked away near the hillside I think.
Old Aug 11, 19, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite lifetime
Also interested if there have been any recent renovations or updates here. Any updates to the privacy issues between villas? Used to be a problem. still off limits for earning and redeeming Bonvoy?

is there still a resident elephant that makes the rounds during happy hour too?

Last edited by SkyTeam777; Aug 11, 19 at 11:48 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: