Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lyon Marriott Hotel Cité Internationale, France [Master Thread]

Lyon Marriott Hotel Cité Internationale, France [Master Thread]

Old Dec 31, 14, 9:26 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: PARIS (France)
Programs: AF/KLM LTP| Emirates Gold |InterContinental Spire RA |A Club Gold |AMEX Plat| Visa Plat |Hertz P
Posts: 8,624
Lyon Marriott Hotel Cité Internationale, France [Master Thread]

The former Hilton Lyon will become a Marriott family hotel:

http://www.leprogres.fr/rhone/2014/1...ariott-en-2015 (in French)
nicolas75 is offline  
Old Dec 31, 14, 9:27 am
  #2  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 66,640
Originally Posted by nicolas75 View Post
The former Hilton Lyon will become a Marriott family hotel:

http://www.leprogres.fr/rhone/2014/1...ariott-en-2015 (in French)
Already mentioned in the new hotels & disposable thread.

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old Jan 30, 15, 4:51 pm
  #3  
KRS
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SVG
Programs: Gold: Club Carlson/A3/IHG, Plat: SPG,Marriott, Diamond: Hilton,SAS
Posts: 1,138
Lyon Marriott Hotel Cité Internationale

Available for booking, rates from EUR 111:
Lyon Marriott Hotel Cité Internationale

Tried a LNF booking, though all the sites I found still call it the Hilton, will be interesting to see how that goes.
KRS is offline  
Old Feb 10, 15, 3:26 pm
  #4  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 66,640
Officially open/Marriott news release re: it. Category 6. Exec lounge open daily.

Plans for a full renovation in 2015 are in progress and will be managed by Les Clés du Luxe, owners of the hotel since July. The new design, envisioned by architects Albert Constantin and Marie Courdouan, will see modernisation of the rooms, meeting spaces, fitness centre and restaurant, as well as the creation of a new bar. The hotel will remain open throughout the renovations with minimum disruption to guests.

http://news.marriott.com/2015/02/mar...l-in-lyon.html

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old Mar 2, 15, 4:00 pm
  #5  
KRS
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SVG
Programs: Gold: Club Carlson/A3/IHG, Plat: SPG,Marriott, Diamond: Hilton,SAS
Posts: 1,138
Does anyone have (or can guess) an email address for the hotel?

I also interested in booking airport transfers for 6 persons; any company suggestions welcome.

Thanks!
KRS is offline  
Old Mar 2, 15, 8:19 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 302
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
Officially open/Marriott news release re: it. Category 6. Exec lounge open daily.

Plans for a full renovation in 2015 are in progress and will be managed by Les Clés du Luxe, owners of the hotel since July. The new design, envisioned by architects Albert Constantin and Marie Courdouan, will see modernisation of the rooms, meeting spaces, fitness centre and restaurant, as well as the creation of a new bar. The hotel will remain open throughout the renovations with minimum disruption to guests.

http://news.marriott.com/2015/02/mar...l-in-lyon.html

Cheers.
Have a reservation for July. Looking forward to staying in Lyon.
rstidolph is offline  
Old Apr 19, 15, 10:51 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,815
390eur for Aug 31st-Sept 1st. Considering this hotel or the Crowne Plaza in Lyon. Both of them have a huge price premium attached to them. I debate which one is nicer. IHG Platinum guest vs. Marriott Silver (looking to take the gold challenge, I have just been delaying it for no good reason)
factory81 is offline  
Old Apr 20, 15, 1:59 am
  #8  
KRS
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SVG
Programs: Gold: Club Carlson/A3/IHG, Plat: SPG,Marriott, Diamond: Hilton,SAS
Posts: 1,138
Recently had a 3 day stay here as a Platinum member.

Booked 4 cheapest category rooms (~EUR130/night), all upgraded to Executive incl. lounge access ^
The rooms were spacious but a bit worn, and had balconies to the south facing the park.

Lounge on the top floor has nice views of the Rhone and surrounding hillside, and a small outdoor sitting area; Champagne ^ during cocktail hours (17:30 - 20:30 IIRC)
I found the breakfast selection a bit lacking though.

Late checkout given til 16:00, though only for one room (the others got 14:00). A bit odd as we initially were given 16:00 for all rooms, but the front desk called us back to revoke this. However, we were all allowed to wait in the lounge before leaving for the airport.

There is a casino in the building, and a contemporary art museum next door.
The park is great for running, the loop around is 4km.

We used Uber for getting around and this worked well for us, though as a tourist I would consider staying in town unless you need the Marriott nights (as I did). We walked to Les Halles in around 30 minutes.

Taxi from the airport cost us just over EUR70, while Uber (Berline) has a EUR50 flat fee.

Overall quite pleased with the property.
KRS is offline  
Old Apr 20, 15, 10:19 am
  #9  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 66,640
Thanks for the updated trip report!

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old May 16, 15, 1:49 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LHR
Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 261
The location of the hotel isn't ideal (or at least wasn't for me). There is, however, a bus station close to the hotel (between the hotel and the park). The area itself is nice, especially the park behind the hotel.

The lounge has great views and is open every day of the week (see times below).

I got upgraded to a room with a nice view of the river and a balcony. The room had a great table and ergonomic chair.

The hotel doesn't "feel" like a Marriott (it wasn't until recently) but I'm not sure that's a bad thing anyway. I believe they will do some renovations soon.


Lounge:

Opening hours: daily 6:30am-11:00pm

Breakfast:
Monday-Friday 6:30am-10:30am
Saturday-Sunday 07:00am-11:00am

Teatime
Daily 2:30pm-5:30pm

Appetizer Buffet:
Daily 6:30pm-8:30pm
tbm13 is offline  
Old May 19, 15, 1:34 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LHR
Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 261
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
Does anyone have (or can guess) an email address for the hotel?
PM sent. I have the email address of the Guest Relation Assistant Manager if anyone needs it.
tbm13 is offline  
Old May 21, 15, 8:11 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 302
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
Recently had a 3 day stay here as a Platinum member.

Booked 4 cheapest category rooms (~EUR130/night), all upgraded to Executive incl. lounge access ^
The rooms were spacious but a bit worn, and had balconies to the south facing the park.

Lounge on the top floor has nice views of the Rhone and surrounding hillside, and a small outdoor sitting area; Champagne ^ during cocktail hours (17:30 - 20:30 IIRC)
I found the breakfast selection a bit lacking though.

Late checkout given til 16:00, though only for one room (the others got 14:00). A bit odd as we initially were given 16:00 for all rooms, but the front desk called us back to revoke this. However, we were all allowed to wait in the lounge before leaving for the airport.

There is a casino in the building, and a contemporary art museum next door.
The park is great for running, the loop around is 4km.

We used Uber for getting around and this worked well for us, though as a tourist I would consider staying in town unless you need the Marriott nights (as I did). We walked to Les Halles in around 30 minutes.

Taxi from the airport cost us just over EUR70, while Uber (Berline) has a EUR50 flat fee.

Overall quite pleased with the property.
How far away from town is the hotel. We are arriving by train. And then going to Chalon
Also, do have a contact number for Uber
rstidolph is offline  
Old Jul 21, 15, 2:24 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Posts: 802
How is the driving to and from this hotel?
360guy is offline  
Old Jul 21, 15, 2:51 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 302
Two nights July 2015

Stayed two nights as platinum. Nice upgrade to executive room with patio and river view.

Lounge has breakfast and evening drinks. Food is very basic in the evening

As platinum we had breakfast in the restaurant

Cab fare to town is 16 euros. If you are not in a hurry the bus stop is nearby

Hotel is nice, would stay here again
rstidolph is offline  
Old Feb 7, 16, 4:04 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SFOSJCOAK
Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS MVPG 75K, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
Posts: 5,893
Any more recent updates?

What is the status of "renovation"?

TIA
allset2travel is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: