Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hotel Mumbai Sahar (India) [Master Thread]

Old Dec 18, 14, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

I did a search of this forum and didn't find much expect a reference to the spa opening sometime.

I first saw it on Google maps, and clicked through but information on the Marriott website seems sparse, there is a page for the property with a description that makes it sound like it exists, but there is no way to make a reservation. The Marriott reservation form lists 4 other properties but not the Sahar. I'm seeing a couple references to an opening in December 2014, but that's about it.

This w3bsite says "Opening January 2015" and the pictures make it look pretty far along:

http://www.poole-associates.com/JW-M...har-Mumbai.htm

What's the scoop?
Old Dec 18, 14, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I did a dummy booking for March & it's not coming up, so it's not loaded into the system yet (even if it is opening sooner than March).

Cheers.
Old Dec 18, 14, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
I did a dummy booking for March & it's not coming up, so it's not loaded into the system yet (even if it is opening sooner than March).

Cheers.
Ditto for April.
Old Dec 19, 14, 8:39 am

My guess is Marriott will do a press release when it opens, and it will appear on the Marriott website then for booking.

Cheers.
Old Apr 15, 15, 9:56 am

Property now open. Category 5. Has an exec lounge. Doesn't say if it's open on weekends, but my guess is that it is open since it's a JW & it's in India.

http://news.marriott.com/2015/04/mum...-property.html

Property website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...-mumbai-sahar/

Cheers.
Old Sep 17, 16, 8:20 pm

Hi! I may be staying here in November. Anyone stay here recently? Tia.
Old Sep 17, 16, 9:41 pm

Programs: TK E+, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hertz PC
I stayed here once just for an overnight stopover. Its your typical Indian JW. Lounge is open everyday. As Plat you have the option of a full buffet breakfast in the restaurant downstairs. Rooms are ok, gym/pool is good. Service is great.

Nothing to fault it really, and the only reason I haven't stayed there more often is that we have a better corporate rate at the ITC Maratha.
Old Sep 18, 16, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Savage25 View Post
I stayed here once just for an overnight stopover. Its your typical Indian JW. Lounge is open everyday. As Plat you have the option of a full buffet breakfast in the restaurant downstairs. Rooms are ok, gym/pool is good. Service is great.

Nothing to fault it really, and the only reason I haven't stayed there more often is that we have a better corporate rate at the ITC Maratha.
Thanks! Never been to any JW in India before and i have a couple nights here and the Aerocity as well. Just hope they live up to decent expectations.
Old Sep 20, 16, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
This hotel is right at the airport. The neighborhood is pretty seedy - well most neighborhoods aren't that great. But it is a brand new hotel. Juhu beach is a bit better neighborhood.
Old Jun 26, 17, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Platinum Elite
Does Liquor Ban Apply to this JW?

Hi - tried to research this on the "India" travel board and here (and on Google...) and can't find anything specific. Does the ban on the sale of liquor in hotels, bars, etc. within 500m of a national highway apply at this JW Marriott or have they found one of the workarounds so it doesn't apply?

Did not see that the Maharashtra State Parliament did a fix, either. Some other states appear to have passed legislation to eliminate or reduce the impact of the Supreme Court ruling.

Thanks for any updates - have a mileage run planned for a stay in September and want to make sure I can get a glass of wine!
Old Jun 26, 17, 2:37 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG PLT (LT Gold), TK Gold, M&M S, BA Silver, Hyatt Dia
Looks OK

I can see some alcohol in the pictures but there's also what looks like a shisha just in case :-)
Old Jun 26, 17, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Platinum Elite
Thanks Expat - I did just find a response on another travel website that ends in "..advisor" that the situation has "returned to normal" and there are no longer restrictions on the same of alcohol. The question on that website was posted w/r/t hotels by the airport where I'm planning to stay, but I'll assume it applies throughout Maharashtra State.
Old Jun 26, 17, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Brucemcdou View Post
Thanks Expat - I did just find a response on another travel website that ends in "..advisor" that the situation has "returned to normal" and there are no longer restrictions on the same of alcohol. The question on that website was posted w/r/t hotels by the airport where I'm planning to stay, but I'll assume it applies throughout Maharashtra State.
You may want to call and double check. I asked them about it roughly a month ago and was told that at the time they were not able to serve alcohol.
Old Jul 25, 17, 2:54 am

Programs: OWE/QF WP - 90% LTG, SPG Gold
I've just checked in and they wanted to change my 900 INR ++ to get a car to pick me up to so less than 1km. I've stayed in Airport hotels all over the world and not been charged when I'm so close. Oh and also, there is no free shuttle... I don't need a private car.

As for the serving of Alcohol, I've just arrived, I'll check, and in Bangalore yesterday, there was NONE being served, anywhere in the hotel. Many hotel staff are out of work as they've closed their sports bar for now, and are getting very few guests eating in their hotel.
Old Jul 25, 17, 7:56 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Please do update on the lounge and whether they're serving alcohol. My plans for India changed a bit, and so it looks like I'll be staying at the Sahar for a night in August. If they are back to serving drinks, I'll plan to get there earlier than I otherwise would...

I agree that the cost for the car is a bit ridiculous if you were coming from the international terminal, considering they're walking distance...

Search this Thread