Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Dubrovnik Riviera Hotel, Mlini-Srebreno, Croatia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2018, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: joakgarp
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Dubrovnik Riviera Hotel, Mlini-Srebreno, Croatia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2020, 1:28 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
I stayed at the Hilton - much better location than the Sheraton. Walking distance to everything.

Lounge is great - top floor with outside terrace with a city view. Sitting out there for breakfast or evening drinks was awesome.
A bit off topic: currently the Hilton's lounge is on the ground floor (same as the reception), in a relatively small room with tiny windows and no view. Breakfast is not served there but in a ballroom on floor -1. In the lounge, only soft drinks are offered. There should be a happy hour around 6-7pm but I did not try it.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:45 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
This hotel is showing unavailable for every single night. Anyone know what's going on here?
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:47 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
I dont. I'm booked for July
Old Jun 4, 2022, 11:14 pm

I was here for 5 days at the end of May/beginning of June. I had already booked a King Deluxe Room and did not get an upgrade. At check-in, I was then assigned any room on the north-east side. Unfortunately, there was only sun in the morning. Otherwise, the room was quite shady. You could only see the sea from the balcony and not from the room. I was not thrilled.

Annoyingly, the TV is quite small and HDMI and screen sharing are blocked. Many TV channels are also blocked and can only be unlocked for money.

Unfortunately, the hotel does not offer any benefits for elite guests. I am a Titanium and there is really nothing for this. All rates already include breakfast and as a resort, no late check out is offered.

If anyone here is speculating on a welcome drink or anything else, I'm afraid I have to disappoint them. It seems to make no difference whether you are a Marriott Titanium Member or have booked a cheap rate through a travel agency.

Otherwise, everything is ok but not overwhelming. The breakfast is quite average. There is a small pool with a huge number of sunbeds in up to eight rows around it. There is also a small pebble beach. Here, however, you should arrive very early to get a place.It can get very noisy everywhere. The facility is overall vey compact and small.

All in all, the stay was ok for 5 days. If it had only been two or three days, I would have liked it even more.

I can't hide the fact that I was disappointed because of the complete lack of status benefits.

If you want, I can post some photos here later.
EHAM1 and flockavelliFT like this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I think you put too much store in the website photos. If you're on a high floor you wouldn't expect to see the sea if you're well inside the room.

I agree that the breakfast is not spectacular but IMO it is more due to the chaotic service and staff forgetting to bring you coffee etc

I don't expect as much from resorts in terms of status recognition at FD, but I'm very surprised they wouldn't give you any kind of late checkout. You say none was 'offered'. What did you ask for?

The other thing is you might have been unlucky with the time of your stay - early June was Platinum Jubilee in UK and millions of brits headed abroad. I was at Sheraton Rhodes and apart from hearing the odd French or German voice it was basically a hotel chock full of Brits.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:14 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
I'm currently enjoying a seven night stay at this property. I used my points for the entire stay and was advised at check-in that as i was using points, breakfast would NOT be included so I took the option to have breakfast as my Titanium "welcome gift". I was very disappointed that despite using seven nights "suite upgrade vouchers" I had only been "upgraded" to a deluxe room! I was told by the Front Desk Manager that their deluxe rooms were the same as "premium rooms" and that was within the terms of the suite upgrade. In the end they agreed to refund the seven nights vouchers. The deluxe room was nice enough with a balcony and sea view.

Oh yes, I am a Brit!
Old Jun 26, 2022, 6:15 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i booked two rooms in mid-may here, just two basic cheapest available rooms. when i checked in on the app i saw both rooms upgraded to deluxe sea view rooms. upon check in it was actually one deluxe sea view facing south-east and the other was a garden view directly across the hall. i didnt really care given both were technically upgrades and they left large bottles of sparkling and flat water in each room along with a bottle of red wine in each as an ambassador welcome gift.

i found the room very comfortably and the view was quite nice however: (1) despite a large bathroom, the shower stall is tight, (2) bfast is indeed underwhelming and i do not know why--i mean its fine plus there are coffee machines in the corner so i didnt bother asking because it was a struggle enough to get cutlery! and (3) we got stuck in the lift not once but twice over our four day stay.

in the first instance it ground to a halt for maybe 10-15 seconds late at night. we reported the issue and the next morning i got two calls and a third from the concierge (?) asking about it. by the third time i said i do not understand why i am being called three times and asked the same question when i reported this last night and it should be addressed and thats all i care about. WELL, later that day i see there is a lift out of service...which is NOT the one we were stuck in, so i asked and they were confused and said it was being fixed, fine whatever. the third day, in the lift that was out of service, guess who gets stuck AGAIN. so i report this again. but in no instance did they ever seem to have any care to address the issue and kept the lifts all running otherwise.

separately, i travel with a large clear plastic "glass" to drink water from as i find hotel glasses quite small. despite setting it aside it was taken by housekeeping one day and it took a full day and four times of follow up until they located it (it is a cheap thing but after the lift issues, i wanted my damn cup that has followed me everywhere lol). the last convo before it was found the agent made plenty of excuses and ended by saying "thank you for understanding" which infuriated me. "i didnt say i understand" is all i could say.

so despite this, yes i would stay here again lol! it was very comfortable, the staff are actually quite friendly if a bit inept, and it was not yet the start of the high season, the proximity to the water and bars/restaurants along with the water taxi to old town right there made it a very relaxing long weekend, especially given how cheap the rates can be!
Attached Images    
MrSnoot78 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by johnaalex
I'm currently enjoying a seven night stay at this property. I used my points for the entire stay and was advised at check-in that as i was using points, breakfast would NOT be included so I took the option to have breakfast as my Titanium "welcome gift". I was very disappointed that despite using seven nights "suite upgrade vouchers" I had only been "upgraded" to a deluxe room! I was told by the Front Desk Manager that their deluxe rooms were the same as "premium rooms" and that was within the terms of the suite upgrade. In the end they agreed to refund the seven nights vouchers. The deluxe room was nice enough with a balcony and sea view.

Oh yes, I am a Brit!
It's standard at this resort that you get comped breakfast but you have to tell FD you choose it as your welcome amenity. Not sure what the issue is here. Been coming here for years and that's how it is (Titanium also)

When you applied the SNAs, which rooms did you select it against? I only selected actual Suites (eg Aegean)

As a rule, don't ever select a non-suite room as a candidate for the SNA pool
johnaalex and margarita girl like this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 3:32 pm

First pic is nice. The hotel should hire you as a photographer

The lifts seem to be slowing down every year and now look to be close to the point of total failure. The doors often take an eternity to open and sometimes you can call the lifts from the beach level and still have enough time to go back for a swim before they finally arrive
Old Sep 20, 2023, 2:11 pm

Dubrovnik

Just sharing with everyone that we had an exceptional stay at the Sheraton Riviera Dubrovnik hotel, before embarking on a ship. The rooms are spacious and lovely, the staff was courteous and efficient, the property is beautiful and in a great location. We actually were sorry we didn't book more nights there as we enjoyed it so much.
beachfan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.