Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Dubrovnik Riviera Hotel, Mlini-Srebreno, Croatia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2018, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: joakgarp
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Dubrovnik Riviera Hotel, Mlini-Srebreno, Croatia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 11:53 am

Breakfast / transport

Couple questions:

#1 - How is the platinum breakfast here? I have found this amenity to be very hit or miss at "resort" properties lately.

#2 - We will have a rental car. Is it easy to drive to Dubrovnik and park? Or should we take the ferry or bus I saw mentioned early in thread. Does the ferry take an exceptionally longer time?

Thanks!
Old May 18, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: Marriott LTP
Thumbs up Good property

I stayed here July 2016. Platinum recognition was good. We were upgraded to a Suite (although they don't have many at this property). Breakfast was a full hot buffet. Lots of variety, decent fare, and good service. Property doesn't look like much as you approach it at the entrance, but inside it's modern, furnished nicely, has a decent restaurant and a nice outdoor pool area. Beach is close as well.

We rented a car. Easy, scenic 10-minute drive to Old Town. Parking not plentiful, but we never had trouble finding a spot. I recommend a smallish car, as some parking spots are quite tight.

Try to catch a sunset from the top of the cable car if you can.

I'm looking forward to returning to the property in 2018 (booked a long way out a the lower rate).

Have a great trip!

Originally Posted by green09000
Couple questions:

#1 - How is the platinum breakfast here? I have found this amenity to be very hit or miss at "resort" properties lately.

#2 - We will have a rental car. Is it easy to drive to Dubrovnik and park? Or should we take the ferry or bus I saw mentioned early in thread. Does the ferry take an exceptionally longer time?

Thanks!
Old May 19, 2017, 12:36 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold
Stay back in 2016

I stayed here for a night last year and have a review written.

So if you are interested in some pictures of the breakfast then, feel free to take a look.

http://goodhotelreview.blogspot.com/...dubrovnik.html
Old May 30, 2017, 4:47 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Anyone stayed here and can report?
Have a stay booked in August...
Old May 30, 2017, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by cln
Anyone stayed here and can report?
Have a stay booked in August...
I have booking for three rooms too beginning of August - I think they don't change (hardware) to much as my last stay there, but staffs they can change to better as last time.
Old May 30, 2017, 7:55 am
cln

oh sorry, the app didnt show any new posts :P
Old May 31, 2017, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by SgFred
I stayed here for a night last year and have a review written.

So if you are interested in some pictures of the breakfast then, feel free to take a look.

http://goodhotelreview.blogspot.com/...dubrovnik.html
Breakfast looks good! I'm always amazed at how much better the breakfast amenity is internationally than it is stateside.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:24 am

i'm headed to the the sheraton dubrovnik the second week of july as part of a 10th anniversary trip with my wife. i am using points for my stay. i know that this is the busy season for the adriatic coast, but is their any point in trying to contact the property and see if i can secure an upgrade in advance? we also have a couple of days at le meridien in split, also. this is our first trip together without the kids in over four years, so we're really looking forward to it.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 7:07 am

@squatch : at this property is difficult to have upgrade to suite (only 10 suites) and they don't want upgrade second room with free breakfast.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by HHQX888
@squatch : at this property is difficult to have upgrade to suite (only 10 suites) and they don't want upgrade second room with free breakfast.
Oh that is not what I was hoping for. How much do they charge for breakfast for the second room ?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:44 pm

Problem is not how much they charging for breakfast but quality of food and canteen feeling.
I think the problem is in the employees and their seasonal contracts.
I will be there next week.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:38 pm

Very good property (outdoor pool, inside pool, beach, etc,) I was here last month for 4 nights with points (good value, 3k/night). However small recognition for plats. No upgrade at all (the hotel was full but we didn't even get a sea view, we were facing the street). No late check-out (we asked to leave at 2 pm and the maximum we got was 12:30 pm). Breakfast is good for plats, full buffet. Food in Bar by the pool is not very good, but cocktails are really nice (price is expensive for croatia). There are outside 2 restaurants that are very good (a gastro bar in front of the hotel and then a sushi rstaurant in the mall in the same street 5 mins walk). Another good thing is that parking is free for guests and there is a regular bus going to Dubrovnik (bus stop is 5 mins walk from the hotel).
MrSnoot78 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 3:20 pm

Right now at this hotel, if you have any question I will try answer.
GREEN CHOICE - this mean at this hotel maids don't enter your room, even don't empty your trash can all day.

Today :

Old Jul 29, 2017, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by HHQX888
Right now at this hotel, if you have any question I will try answer.
GREEN CHOICE - this mean at this hotel maids don't enter your room, even don't empty your trash can all day.

Today :

https://youtu.be/eAPa2nT_6Qc
Now that is how it works with MAGC usually except for Asia. For this reason they lowered the amount of points there.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:49 am
cln

stayed here for 5 nights... uber works well around dbv and all the coastal area, never had to wait longer than some minutes. Still booked transfer to airport through hotel on the way back.

Hotel is in great shape. No flaws at all imo. ( a missing lounge ? )
I think 5 nights is enough in Dubrovnik... hotel was very busy and dubrovnik as well... we got bored pretty quick by the local food and there isnt much choice at all... Ruzmarin next door has best food i think. Food at hotel was the only negative point i can mention.. Breakfast was good though.

another advice avoid: Croatian Airlines 3/4flights delayed and DBV/ZAG dont have business class lounge or at least they were closed for our afternoon flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.