Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Element, Amsterdam, Netherlands [Master Thread]

Element, Amsterdam, Netherlands [Master Thread]

Old Feb 25, 16, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by claes059 View Post
The 30min is approx., it depends if you will travel during rushhour. Its not advisable since the short metro is packed. You can also take the tram or the bus btw.

http://9292.nl/en#

If you do not want to be in the center of Amsterdam, the location is ok, but you always have to travel. I you would stay in the W Amsterdam you can walk to most of the interesting places or with a short ride with the tram.

I am visiting for 6 nights. I do have enough points for the W, but honestly don't know what to do... 3 times the points vs the Element (and no breakfast to boot). So I don't know
Old Feb 28, 16, 7:53 pm

Review of "My Place" restaurant at the hotel

http://cravingsinamsterdam.com/2016/...sterdam-hotel/

The food looks beautifully presented...
Old Feb 29, 16, 1:11 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold, KLM Flying Blue, LH Miles&More
Originally Posted by DealAddict View Post
Review of "My Place" restaurant at the hotel

http://cravingsinamsterdam.com/2016/...sterdam-hotel/

The food looks beautifully presented...
The food is even more beautiful, since its free of pesticides and chemical fooddeye etc, since its organic!
Old Feb 29, 16, 1:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The 30min is approx., it depends if you will travel during rushhour. Its not advisable since the short metro is packed. You can also take the tram or the bus btw.
The Elements is clearly aimed at those who have business at the Zuidas or Amstelveen. Perfectly adequate location than and travel to almost any location in Amsterdam is easy with access to trains, trams, buses and subway at Amsterdam Zuid (a 10minute walk, or taking the shuttle bus).
I don't find the public transportation to be any more crowded than in other major cities, a lot of the times even less crowded I would say. No reason at all to avoid it.

And what this location has going for it that it's right in a rather nice shopping center so for those long stays you can also easily prepare your own food or go to one of the restaurants that are also there. Beats having to go out every night.....
Old Feb 29, 16, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
I don't find the public transportation to be any more crowded than in other major cities, a lot of the times even less crowded I would say. No reason at all to avoid it.
Public transportation in Amsterdam in general is fine. Butvthe metroline 51 to Amstelveen seem to have a bad reputation in rushhours, since the trains are short with too much passengers:

http://wiki.ovinnederland.nl/wiki/Li...lveen_Westwijk
Old Feb 29, 16, 7:28 am

Programs: SPG lifetime Platinum, Air Canada Super Elite, Priority Club Platinum Elite,
Public transportation in Amsterdam in general is fine. Butvthe metroline 51 to Amstelveen seem to have a bad reputation in rushhours, since the trains are short with too much passengers:

http://wiki.ovinnederland.nl/wiki/Li...lveen_Westwijk
Off topic, but what hours are rush hour in Amsterdam? Thinking of staying here too. The W is too expensive - and I hate W's anyway.
Old Feb 29, 16, 7:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You are probably not going into Amstelveen anyway, that's the wrong direction..... :-).
It's a bit more busy from 8:00-9:30 and 16:30-17: but really don't expect overly big crowds....

But there are plenty of nice hotels if you are looking for a more central AMS hotel. I personally like the Artotel (or the Andaz on points).
Old Apr 27, 16, 5:41 am

Programs: SPG Plat; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Explorist; QR Gold
Any recent stay reports here as platinum?

I have an upcoming stay next month for 1 night. (try to collect 11000 points from 11 brands promo)

I have to leave so early on check out date (~6am) to catch my flight.

What's the best (cheapest) way to get to AMS airport in early morning from this hotel?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 27, 16, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA GS, 3MM, Titanium Elite for life
10 minute walk to the train. One stop to Schiphol. Pretty deterministic and definitely the cheapest.
-sr
Old Apr 27, 16, 11:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That's the best way... a 15 min walk and then a quick train.
There's also the option to catch a bus to the RAI station and then a train. No real walking required for this one.

Both will get you there in about 30min.
Old May 2, 16, 4:14 am

Its a short taxiride from Station South/zuid if you do not want to use public transport in the early morning.

You can use this site for public transportation.
http://m.9292.nl/en

Succes!

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident View Post
Any recent stay reports here as platinum?

I have an upcoming stay next month for 1 night. (try to collect 11000 points from 11 brands promo)

I have to leave so early on check out date (~6am) to catch my flight.

What's the best (cheapest) way to get to AMS airport in early morning from this hotel?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by claes059; May 2, 16 at 4:21 am
Old May 2, 16, 6:26 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Its a short taxiride from Station South/zuid if you do not want to use public transport in the early morning.
That depends.... traffic can be bad in the morning (6am might help :-)), especially with the roadwork that is happening. So public transportation normally is best, and way cheaper as well.

That 6min train from Amsterdam Zuid that leaves every 5-10min really is hard to beat.
Old May 2, 16, 12:18 pm

Programs: SPG Plat; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Explorist; QR Gold
How much is the uber or taxi estimate fare to the airport?

How long does it takes?

Thank you
Old May 2, 16, 11:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

€25+ and it will take anywhere from 20 to 45min (or even worse) vs €3 for taking the train.
Old May 10, 16, 6:41 am

Programs: SPG/Marriott PPE, KL/AF FB Plat
I've stayed here twice as a SPG Plat, no special recognition; though late check-out was not a problem.
W is another price / points category, but Sheraton Amsterdam Airport is worth considering. Nice club lounge, good upgrades and the train station (located at -1 level under the hotel) with 9 trains per hour to Amsterdam Central Station (15 minutes ride).

If you travel by or have rented a car, Element is the best choice: affordable public parking facilities ($ 1,70 / hour between 9am-7pm) just across the street. W and Sheraton have indoor parkings for approx $ 60 a day.

Search this Thread