FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1628676-marriotts-look-no-further-best-rate-guaranteed-master-thread.html)

CL9 Jul 18, 2016 3:41 am

As I know already aproved LNF rates can be canceld but not changed. But try it, Marriott customer service sometimes very generous.

Originally Posted by Marco Vigini (Post 26925854)
... JW Marriott Bangkok (135€ instead 145€, new rate 105 aprox)€ and Renaissance Bangkok (115€ instead 127€ new rate aprox. 87€).

If you still can choose/change, take the Renaissance and cancel JW.
I stayed in both, the Renaissance is much more better then the JW and I would never pay more for the JW then for the Renaissance.

Marco Vigini Jul 18, 2016 11:55 am

thanks. I sent an email but no answer. I call and they told me that some times is possible and other times is not possible.
About Bangkok, I should stay in BKK for 1 month, so I'm looking for a good offer. Renaissance is my first choice as it's the closest marriott hotel for my purpose (with the courtyard as well), but it's really too expensive. With No Look Further rate I get a good rate for about half stay.
Tried to contact the hotel directly, no reply yet.
I tried to make multiple reservations and ask for the look no further rate (since I found a lower rate, but they deny) and I received not so "nice" reply (I know that I made too much reservation). I understand that is not possible make multiple reservation and ask for the NLF rate, so I really don't understand how it works. Maybe, MAYBE, to change a reservation you can write to their email address.
One year ago I obtained a NFL for Cosmopolitan Las Vegas. I made two separate reservation and they join them telling me that I can modify with no problem.

terpzone Jul 18, 2016 2:50 pm

Sort of weird situation here-- refundable price when booked directly is $132/night. NONrefundable price when booked directly is $161/night. Price on hotels.com for NONrefundable is $115/night and refundable is $144/night.

Clearly the refundable rates wouldn't be eligible, but the nonrefundable rate is massively eligible as the cheapest of all options.

Is the only option to proceed truly to book the $161/night rate on marriott and request & hope?

chicaloca453 Aug 11, 2016 6:24 am

Originally Posted by nacho (Post 26486128)
If you are Gold, why book breakfast rate? You don't get anything extra. Keep this LNF and file another one if I were you.

If you deny the breakfast benefit at a hotel that gives you breakfast in the restaurant you get 750 bonus points. For $10 I'd keep the breakfast rate and get the points instead.

chicaloca453 Aug 11, 2016 6:28 am

Originally Posted by sutho (Post 26570004)
It's ok to be confused, not everyone can be smart.

I was pointing out to everyone not to accidentally make a booking using the new member's rate that is available to everyone that is a Marriott member, when doing a LNF.

I for one am glad you posted this. I have a hotel where I've found a lower rate but they're not offering any non-package standard rates. They have a rate with nightly hotel credit and the Marriott rate. Now I know I need to search for a different hotel because neither of them will work. I'm sure the hotel knows there's an LNF out there and they're trying to prevent it from being approved.

weld3z Aug 18, 2016 11:27 pm

Thank you for submitting a claim for Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee. We received a claim from you for the following reservation:

Hotel name: The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal

Reservation confirmation number: 87548925

Check-in date: 21 August 2016

According to the Terms and Conditions of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee, a comparison rate must be reservable by the general public and be verifiable by Marriott. According to our review of the site with which your comparison was made, reservations are not confirmed to guests at the time of the initial transaction. We are unable to verify your comparison as reservation requests made via this source are considered in the following manner:

“A reservation is not complete until a confirmed booking reference is provided, which will be after credit card approval has been received from your card issuer and the supplier has confirmed your reservation. Until such time, the fare and availability is subject to change.” (https://www.dnatatravel.com/terms-and-conditions/agency-terms.aspx)

For this reason, we must deny your claim under the terms of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee program.

Thank you for choosing Marriott.

Regards,
D’Artagnan Faust
Marriott Customer Care

Every time they accept my request without any problems !! But this time they want me to register and make a a reservation with the other website which is just waste of my time to give me the rate i dont have the time but i also found cheaper rate at booking lets see lolol

I well get the rate plus 25% i know it if not i well cancel my booking and stay some where else

nacho Aug 19, 2016 3:19 am

Originally Posted by weld3z (Post 27086801)
Thank you for submitting a claim for Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee. We received a claim from you for the following reservation:

Hotel name: The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal

Reservation confirmation number: 87548925

Check-in date: 21 August 2016

According to the Terms and Conditions of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee, a comparison rate must be reservable by the general public and be verifiable by Marriott. According to our review of the site with which your comparison was made, reservations are not confirmed to guests at the time of the initial transaction. We are unable to verify your comparison as reservation requests made via this source are considered in the following manner:

“A reservation is not complete until a confirmed booking reference is provided, which will be after credit card approval has been received from your card issuer and the supplier has confirmed your reservation. Until such time, the fare and availability is subject to change.” (https://www.dnatatravel.com/terms-an...ncy-terms.aspx)

For this reason, we must deny your claim under the terms of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee program.

Thank you for choosing Marriott.

Regards,
D’Artagnan Faust
Marriott Customer Care

Every time they accept my request without any problems !! But this time they want me to register and make a a reservation with the other website which is just waste of my time to give me the rate i dont have the time but i also found cheaper rate at booking lets see lolol

I well get the rate plus 25% i know it if not i well cancel my booking and stay some where else

If you find a rate at booking, then it's a sure win. Marriott approves all major OTAs without a fuss.

weld3z Aug 19, 2016 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by nacho (Post 27087289)
If you find a rate at booking, then it's a sure win. Marriott approves all major OTAs without a fuss.

Yes but they take long time to replay, i well pay fees if i keep it 3 hours more canceled the booking and book other place marriott just lose my $ to them ..
They must make it faster to replay to us they are very slow ..any way booked at SPG with better price and better location for me

mahasamatman Aug 21, 2016 10:16 am

I'm new to Marriott's LNF (much more accustomed to SPG's BRG). I found a rate on skoosh.com with the following cancellation policy.

Amendments or cancellations made up until and including <5 days before beginning of stay> are free of charge. Cancellations or amendments made after this point are charged at the full cost of the first night.
I cannot find a 5-day refundable rate on marriott.com - can I just use the standard 1-day refundable rate for the claim? Does the fact that skoosh.com charges right away change the LNF possibilities?

htb Aug 30, 2016 4:28 am

Originally Posted by sutho (Post 26557922)
Yes, I know how to do LNF, just thought it was funny they denied it because of their own rate being a member only rate on the marriott website.
Besides that, both rates were comparable, and they could plainly see that the $100 comparable rate on a competing website was much lower.

All I had to do was cancel the booking on marriott, re-book the normal everyday rate and then do another LNF

I should have read your advise earlier. I booked the lowest available rate (Members Rate) and filed for a claim. It went through without as much as a blink of an eye. Three days later I booked another day (one day in between stays) using the same Marriott Member Rate and the LNF claim came back with

We have determined that your claim included a rate that is not publicly available and is, instead, offered to the following travelers:

Marriott Reward members

According to the Terms and Conditions of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee, the guarantee does not apply to rates that are not publicly available, such as negotiated corporate or group rates, or discount rates offered only to members of groups or individuals who meet previously-specified criteria, including AAA members, seniors, government employees, or Marriott Rewards members.
However, it continued with

Upon receipt of your claim, we took the opportunity to review other, publicly available rates and determined that the least expensive rate at the time of our review was the following rate:

Best Available Rate

As a result of this research, we have made the following modification to your reservation:
So the LNF went through anyway, and from now on I know that my life is even easier when I only have to match the standard rate, rather than the discounted Marriott rate...

HTB.

escapefromphl Sep 1, 2016 9:40 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 27097017)
I'm new to Marriott's LNF (much more accustomed to SPG's BRG). I found a rate on skoosh.com with the following cancellation policy.

I cannot find a 5-day refundable rate on marriott.com - can I just use the standard 1-day refundable rate for the claim? Does the fact that skoosh.com charges right away change the LNF possibilities?

They LNF agents don't seem to care about cancellation policies in general. I have never had one rejected for that reason and I've submitted a bunch. The word "coupon" on the OTA site is more likely to cause a rejection.

jamesie_version1 Sep 18, 2016 2:48 am

Is it just me, and maybe the fact that I'm on mobile browser, but the coupon restrictions seem to have disappeared from the t and c's?

KRS Sep 18, 2016 4:03 am

Originally Posted by jamesie_version1 (Post 27227716)
Is it just me, and maybe the fact that I'm on mobile browser, but the coupon restrictions seem to have disappeared from the t and c's?

The restriction disappeared a while back ^

YoungBubbie Sep 18, 2016 4:20 am

Originally Posted by KRS (Post 27227844)
The restriction disappeared a while back ^

You mean I can use a promo code rate ( for example an orbitz 10% off) as my comparison?

A few years back I was denied due to room rate was same before taking coupon into account.

jamesie_version1 Sep 18, 2016 4:22 am

I mean that voucher sites that typically weren't allowed outside North America are now allowed as comparisons...