Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by VoiceActor
I haven't read through this thread but couldn't one simply print the website onto a pdf and send it to them - rather than - or along with - sending a direct link?
Dont know, but I do know they do not accept screenshots.
They have to replicate site rates in their own.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Hi all, I've done a bunch of LNFs before the new program merger, but got my first LNF approval after 8/18 and had a weird situation. The original Marriott rate I booked and the lower price on 3-party were both flexible (free cancellation 2 days prior to check-in), but the current LNF rate changed to non-refundable... I never had such changes before, is this a new thing or it's simply the agent's mistake? I've emailed the person back but haven't got any reply.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Good day all. Couldn't find this so apologies if it's in an FAQ somewhere.

Firstly, I recall reading somewhere that LNF claims can be for up to three rooms - can't find it in the T&C anymore though. Am I correct?

Secondly, while I know we will only get night credit for one room and points for the others, can we opt for 5000 points and receive 3 x 5000 points if 3 rooms are booked?

Lastly, is it usually recommended that we do 3 individual bookings or 1 booking for 3 rooms?

Thanks, obviously an SPG transfer here.
Bumping this question, which I've also asked in the past... anyone??
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Good day all. Couldn't find this so apologies if it's in an FAQ somewhere.

Firstly, I recall reading somewhere that LNF claims can be for up to three rooms - can't find it in the T&C anymore though. Am I correct?

Secondly, while I know we will only get night credit for one room and points for the others, can we opt for 5000 points and receive 3 x 5000 points if 3 rooms are booked?

Lastly, is it usually recommended that we do 3 individual bookings or 1 booking for 3 rooms?

Thanks, obviously an SPG transfer here.
Originally Posted by RafKa
Bumping this question, which I've also asked in the past... anyone??

Oops I forgot. LNF got back to me:

1. You earn points on up to three rooms, but night credit on only one room

2. LNF claims and rewards can be for up to three rooms, not more

3. Yes you can receive 3 x 5000 points

4. They did not answer the question about whether it's better to book 3 rooms in one booking or singly. I personally have done it both ways

5. If you find a multi-day stay, you can book first night and ask for points, and then the remainder in another booking and ask for 25% off.
BUT unlike SPG, they will consider the whole stay as one, and the rates have to be lower. You can't find a rate that is only lower on day 1 and LNF/BRG that and then do another rate on day 2-7. The whole stay will be considered and the rates averaged out.

Regarding this point, even in SPG there have been quibbles about what's allowed and not allowed. Some agents have not approved getting both types of rewards at the same hotel. I would not take what I've written here as 100% accurate even though it came from the LNF team.
RafKa likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:24 am

Looking at the terms it says a claim must be submitted 24 hours prior to checkin. However as recently as May 2018 in this thread people say they have successfully submitted as late as 10pm date of arrival.
Do people know which is correct?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Wondering if Marriott is as flexible as Starwood was in terms of cancellation policy? I know with Starwood, I would book the flexible/refundable rate, and even if the cheaper rate I found was non-refundable/cancellable, it would still go through. Is this the same with Marriott or no?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by svo242
Wondering if Marriott is as flexible as Starwood was in terms of cancellation policy? I know with Starwood, I would book the flexible/refundable rate, and even if the cheaper rate I found was non-refundable/cancellable, it would still go through. Is this the same with Marriott or no?
No, it won't go through. Have to be same cancellation type.
in fact, the past months, SPG brg has also move towards the same stance with regards to cancellation type as Marriott lnf.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:18 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Already merged my accounts and did a BRG claim for St.Regis Istanbul on march 2019. My first ever BRG. Amidst the merger I did not think it would go well, however 13 hours after submission it was approved with a rate of 209 EUR incl tax. ( down from 334eur) Not sure if this is at all good, given the dates are far out, im still a newbie with BRGs.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:25 pm
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Hi all,
I have a query on my LNF claim which was rejected.

Here's the details:
1. I booked the room from SPG/MR website at 250 a night. (lowest, non-refundable rate) I booked this in late July 2018 for an upcoming stay in Dec 2018.
2. This week, i found a 3rd party website offering the same room / same date at 240 a night.
3. Next, I went to file for a LNF claim and it was rejected because the agent said that the official SPG/MR website is showing that same room / same date at 235 a night.

They seem to ignore my original reservation rate of 250 which i have already paid for back in July, hence was the agent right to reject my claim? If yes i really do not see any incentive to book early.

Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
IIRC, LNF claims have to be submitted within 24 or 48 hours, can't remember, and you're well past that .
​​​​​
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:06 pm
xar

Originally Posted by azmojo
IIRC, LNF claims have to be submitted within 24 or 48 hours, can't remember, and you're well past that .
​​​​​
T&Cs
You must find a qualifying Comparison Rate and submit a completed claim form within 24 hours of booking the reservation through the Marriott reservation channel, and at least 24 hours before the standard check-in time at the applicable Marriott hotel

Assume I booked the room on 5th July 2018 for a stay on 5th Dec 2018, My interpretation of the above T&Cs is that I am eligible to file a LFN claim between 5th July - 4th Dec 2018.
Thoughts? But strange thing was the agent didn't point out that I missed to eligibility but rather only mentioned that the SPG website was lower and ignored my original (higher) reservation amount.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Did you submit your

Originally Posted by xar
. . . completed claim form within 24 hours of booking the reservation through the Marriott reservation channel . . .
?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:30 pm
xar

Originally Posted by danger
Did you submit your

?
Nope its been more then 24 hours since i booked but still less then 24 hours before my check in.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by xar
Nope its been more then 24 hours since i booked but still less then 24 hours before my check in.
On a strict reading of the T&Cs, I'm on your side. The comma is misplaced. But your chances of successfully arguing that are slim to none.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:14 am

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by xar
The idea, of course, is that Marriott isn't going to try to compete with price changes in the future. Their real guarantee is that you can't find a lower rate anywhere else RIGHT NOW. Your chance is Zero.

Why doesn't their rejection letter mention this? Probably just laziness and selecting the wrong form-letter reply, or they saw more than one reason (legit or not).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.