Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: Senator, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold
How fast are they replying?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 3:48 am

I did my first Starwood BRG and they responded within 5 hours.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:40 pm

I recently booked a club access suite with butler service for two nights at the 5 star Majestic Hotel in Kuala Lumpur. My original rate through Marriott was ~$167 USD a night. I found a better price on Agoda, filled out the form, and they matched the price (and gave me a 25% discount) about 8 hours later. Now that I've had time to think about, I'd like to stay an additional night at the hotel.

So with that said, what do you guys think is my best course of action? Should I send a reply to the person from Marriott Customer Care who approved my new rate and ask them if they can add one more night to my reservation at the same nightly rate? Or should I start from scratch, book the same class room on the Marriott website and then submit another claim (Agoda is still cheaper than Marriott on my dates)?

There's also the option of modifying my reservation dates on the Marriott main page, but I'm concerned that might mess up my special rate for the first two nights.

Thanks.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by hasselbald
I recently booked a club access suite with butler service for two nights at the 5 star Majestic Hotel in Kuala Lumpur. My original rate through Marriott was ~$167 USD a night. I found a better price on Agoda, filled out the form, and they matched the price (and gave me a 25% discount) about 8 hours later. Now that I've had time to think about, I'd like to stay an additional night at the hotel.

So with that said, what do you guys think is my best course of action? Should I send a reply to the person from Marriott Customer Care who approved my new rate and ask them if they can add one more night to my reservation at the same nightly rate? Or should I start from scratch, book the same class room on the Marriott website and then submit another claim (Agoda is still cheaper than Marriott on my dates)?

There's also the option of modifying my reservation dates on the Marriott main page, but I'm concerned that might mess up my special rate for the first two nights.

Thanks.
I would make a new reservation for the new days. File a new claim. And then I would also respond to original email explaining you want to add those days and they are still showing on agoda at the lower rate.
They might accept or tell you that you must file a new claim which you did.

Do not adjust your days on your existing reservation. You are not allowed to modify LNF. Sometimes they will allow you to shorten if you call but not extend at your rate.
hasselbald likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:55 am

Pathetic first experience with the LNF guarantee

​​​​​​Book a two day points stay, decided that I wanted to add an extra night at the start but don't have the points so booked cash.

Found a cheaper rate on amoma via hotels combined.

They just rejected my guarantee because they can't replicate the rate (I can, even now 20 hours later) but also because of my points nights reservations?! What the hell?

​​​​
Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by shadowline
Pathetic first experience with the LNF guarantee

​​​​​​Book a two day points stay, decided that I wanted to add an extra night at the start but don't have the points so booked cash.

Found a cheaper rate on amoma via hotels combined.

They just rejected my guarantee because they can't replicate the rate (I can, even now 20 hours later) but also because of my points nights reservations?! What the hell?

​​​​
Dont understand why having points reservation should have anything to do with getting an LNF. I’ve gotten an LNF night to extend a Marriott Vacation reservation I had.

As far as them not seeing the rate write back asking them to check again as it’s still available. Explain explicitly how you found so they can duplicate your steps. And I would also ask about the other issue.

Good luck.
Old May 1, 2018, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Dont understand why having points reservation should have anything to do with getting an LNF. I’ve gotten an LNF night to extend a Marriott Vacation reservation I had.

As far as them not seeing the rate write back asking them to check again as it’s still available. Explain explicitly how you found so they can duplicate your steps. And I would also ask about the other issue.

Thanks for your input... I asked what part of the T&Cs he was referring to and got this;

The part of the Terms and Conditions I am referencing:
Verification Process:
“Comparison Rates applicable to only a portion of your entire scheduled stay will not be honored; nor will they be valid for a multi-day stay if the total room cost of the stay is the same or greater than the total room cost through a Marriott channel.”

So, even if you are using Marriott Reward Points for part of your stay, to find rates I needed to look for the entire stay, not just a portion.
Is there a Marriott rep on this forum I can raise this with? His answer makes no sense and I'm likely to be making bookings that are a mix of points stays and cash stays in the future. This could seriously sway my decision making process!
Old May 1, 2018, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by shadowline
Thanks for your input... I asked what part of the T&Cs he was referring to and got this;

Is there a Marriott rep on this forum I can raise this with? His answer makes no sense and I'm likely to be making bookings that are a mix of points stays and cash stays in the future. This could seriously sway my decision making process!
Makes no sense to me in your particular case either.
Old May 4, 2018, 5:51 pm

Hotel temporarily sold out?

So this is bizarre. Every time I try an LNF claim for the same Marriott hotel room on Oct 18-20- the hotel goes from having 5+ available rooms to getting fully sold out for around 12 hours - just enough time for my LNF claim to get denied within the 24 hour window. After 12 hours, mysteriously 5+ available rooms are again available at the original rate on my competitors site (Priceline/Booking.com). This happened twice.

Interestingly, during those 12 hours when the 5+ rooms are all sold out on Oct 18-20, all 5+ rooms are still available if I instead choose to book Oct 18-22 or longer.

I can keep making reservations for Oct 18-20 at the same rates, make an LNF claim, and cancel them every day since the prices on the third party sites appear stable, but is there a more efficient way of handling this if the house is against you?

Update: Success! Okay for future users, this is what I did. Followup emails to declined replies don't seem to trigger the sold out status. My claim was further denied a couple more times, but listing a very literal step-by-step process on how to find the matching rate finally rendered an approved LNF match. I'm pretty pleased because if my LNF claim wasn't approved, I would have been driven to a airbnb option instead.

Last edited by hppycts; May 5, 2018 at 7:27 pm Reason: Update
Old May 8, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
If you opt for the 5000 points instead of the 25% reduction, when are the points credited to your account? When they make the adjustment or after your stay?
Old May 8, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ncgator
If you opt for the 5000 points instead of the 25% reduction, when are the points credited to your account? When they make the adjustment or after your stay?
Just my experience: 3 to 5 days after check-out.
Old May 8, 2018, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Exdon
Just my experience: 3 to 5 days after check-out.
Is it same time as the stay credit? That's how it works with SPG.
Old May 8, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Is it same time as the stay credit? That's how it works with SPG.
In my cases it was separate from the stay credits
Old May 9, 2018, 2:37 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Will they match Hotel Tonight rates?
Old May 9, 2018, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by hppycts
So this is bizarre. Every time I try an LNF claim for the same Marriott hotel room on Oct 18-20- the hotel goes from having 5+ available rooms to getting fully sold out for around 12 hours - just enough time for my LNF claim to get denied within the 24 hour window. After 12 hours, mysteriously 5+ available rooms are again available at the original rate on my competitors site (Priceline/Booking.com). This happened twice.

Interestingly, during those 12 hours when the 5+ rooms are all sold out on Oct 18-20, all 5+ rooms are still available if I instead choose to book Oct 18-22 or longer.

I can keep making reservations for Oct 18-20 at the same rates, make an LNF claim, and cancel them every day since the prices on the third party sites appear stable, but is there a more efficient way of handling this if the house is against you?

Update: Success! Okay for future users, this is what I did. Followup emails to declined replies don't seem to trigger the sold out status. My claim was further denied a couple more times, but listing a very literal step-by-step process on how to find the matching rate finally rendered an approved LNF match. I'm pretty pleased because if my LNF claim wasn't approved, I would have been driven to a airbnb option instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.