Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2015, 7:31 am

My experiences have been very bad with the past few claims. Most recently last night I had a claim denied because they said the rate could not be found. I resent the link (rate was still available). Received a response this morning rejecting again because the room type description did not match. Booked a "Tropic View" on Marriott. The comparison website listed the room as "Tropical Resort View".

Last week I was denied with this explanation:
according to the Terms and Conditions of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee, a comparison rate must be reservable by the general public and be verifiable by Marriott. According to our review of the site with which your comparison was made, reservations are not confirmed to guests at the time of the initial transaction. We are unable to verify your comparison as reservation requests made via this source are considered in the following manner:

http://www.XXXXX.com/TermsAndConditions.aspx

Under item number six, Deposit:
"It is important that you understand that payment at the time you are making your booking does not in itself mean that your booking is confirmed."

Until such time that XXXX.com changes their Terms and Conditions, claims using this site as a source of comparison will be summarily denied.

For this reason, we must deny your claim under the terms of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee program.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 8:08 am

Another breakfast issue with Autograph

Was at The Algonquin at NYC recently and I had some hassle regarding breakfast. Kinda expected this hassle based on my previous experience with my LNF stays at other Autograph Hotels and that of other posters here... but this one really took the cake.

My reservation was originally booked at the hotel's "Stay for Breakfast" rate, so my LNF guarantee naturally included breakfast. This was shown on my LNF reservation confirmation and related LNF correspondences.

On the first morning, the restaurant wanted to charge me for breakfast. So I produced a printout of my LNF reservation confirmation to the front desk, who said that breakfast wasn't advised to the hotel, but they took a photocopy and updated this detail in their system.

But at the restaurant, my family and I were only given the complimentary Marriott Elite menu that limited our breakfast choices to 3 strictly continental sets.

Refusing to accept this as I had paid for breakfast and not just relying on my Marriott Elite status for complimentary breakfast, I trudged back to front desk to clarify that my LNF rate should not be limited in such manner... but a succession of staff there refused to listen and obstinately insisted that "if the rate included breakfast, then it's continental choices". I countered that such limitation wasn't mentioned on the hotel's website and front desk had the audacity to say that "it should have". Which was blatantly untrue because clearly their website described the contents of a full American breakfast under the "Stay for Breakfast" rate!

Unsatisfied, I sent an email to LNF immediately. By the end of the day, I received a reply from LNF saying they had contacted the hotel and told them outright that my LNF rate included full American breakfast. So issue resolved from second morning onwards.

While LNF helped resolve this issue for me, I find this "missing breakfast from LNF reservations" issue increasingly annoying. Not sure where the fault lies and in which system, but this piece of detail is always dropped from the reservation post LNF and badly needs to be fixed!
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
What are they smoking in Omaha? This rejection just hit my mailbox claiming the rate I found is not publicly available:

Dear djohannw,

Thank you for your reply.

With the additional information provided, we were able to find the described rate using XXXXXXX However, when attempting to confirm, we found the same restriction XXXXXXX has with residency. When entering addresses, we found we could only do so for 15 countries.

Based on this research, we must continue to deny your claim under the terms of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee program.
This is purely technical restriction - while on the other site there is indeed a "you may be charged at the hotel based on residency" clause in the T&C, here there is just a limiting drop-down box, but nothing in the T&C...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I am also running into pushback over the past first week of 2016. LNF claims that were previously approved with the same details and property are being denied with no back-up provided...very odd.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by djohannw
What are they smoking in Omaha? This rejection just hit my mailbox claiming the rate I found is not publicly available:

This is purely technical restriction - while on the other site there is indeed a "you may be charged at the hotel based on residency" clause in the T&C, here there is just a limiting drop-down box, but nothing in the T&C...

Greetings - Dirk
Happened once where Marriott is the only one that couldn't see the rate - I asked several FTers in various locations to test if they could see the rate and they all could except Marriott.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 5:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
After a rough week of denied claim after denied claim, I finally got 2 approvals for my favourite Panama property. ^

It appears as though a couple of new names are showing up from Marriott staff and they are denying for no reason, very odd. The was approved after politely replying to their denial and the other one was approved within 6 hours.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
After a rough week of denied claim after denied claim, I finally got 2 approvals for my favourite Panama property. ^

It appears as though a couple of new names are showing up from Marriott staff and they are denying for no reason, very odd. The was approved after politely replying to their denial and the other one was approved within 6 hours.
What's the reason for denial?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
definitely getting tougher finding comps these days. I wonder if Marriott made a strategic shift to discourage hotels from offering package deals to re-sellers. Hotels were I could for years get LNFs no probs are now becoming very difficult.
Still getting my important ones through, but it is taking me a heck lot longer than it used to. Anyone else in this situation?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
definitely getting tougher finding comps these days. I wonder if Marriott made a strategic shift to discourage hotels from offering package deals to re-sellers. Hotels were I could for years get LNFs no probs are now becoming very difficult.
Still getting my important ones through, but it is taking me a heck lot longer than it used to. Anyone else in this situation?
One hotel I was searching for almost a year and nothing. Ended up using AAA rate. One hotel that I read was notorious for not having any useable codes such as senior and AAA, I finally found an LNF. It was the only one in a 9 month search.

Last year I did score an unbelievable one at a hotel. I'm sure it was a mistake rate that was on the other site. All I know I was given the "third degree" when I checked in. Even whispering amongst the co workers as I also got the same rate for my friend.

Harder to find them and sometimes harder to convince them. I even backed down twice as I was getting no where.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 8:21 am

Smile

Just had a successful claim on the Envoy, an Autograph Collection Hotel in Boston. Booked a Deluxe larger King with city view for $239.00, was reduced to $152.36 after claim was approved.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
Same here - very difficult to find LNFs nowadays.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 2:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nacho
Same here - very difficult to find LNFs nowadays.

I agree - what is going on?

I'm having to resort to SPG and Hilton BRGs ... argh.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:19 am

I'm looking for a LNF discounted rate for any night(s) this month February 2016 at the Preston Marriott, United Kingdom. We are very flexible on dates so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Daniel
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djblamire
I'm looking for a LNF discounted rate for any night(s) this month February 2016 at the Preston Marriott, United Kingdom. We are very flexible on dates so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Daniel
Please read post 1. There's a separate thread for such requests.

And btw it takes a lot of work to figure out what's an LNF discounted rate for 29 diifferent days (the number of days in February, though with each passing days there's one fewer of those left). I don't know how many people are willing to go through that work, relative to someone asking for a specific date and specifying the marriott.com rate to be beat for that date. I would therefore suggest you at least pick a sample date (and number of nights) and what the rate is, and then mention that you're flexible about both (in the thread for requesting LNFs, not here).
Old Feb 16, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: MR Gold, IHG Gold AMB
Have Terms & Conditions changed recently? I vaguely remember there was a restriction on stay length (max 30 nights). Can't see that now. Has anyone claimed 30 nights or more?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.