Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:43 am

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
I have a trip coming up , and I'm a bit unsure of dates still and no flights booked yet. So I made 2 separate consecutive night reservations and put in LNF claims for each. They were both approved but the agent combined the res. I strongly suspect Im not going to be able to separate them, anyone got any advice on what to do to avoid a repeat?
More than once I have booked more nights than I needed and then I email customer service to reduce my reservation with LNF rate. IIRC, when they did it though they averaged the price of each night for the whole reservation and reduced it by that amount proportionately because I don't think they had records of the per-night LNF rates. Seems like this could be gamed...
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Is there any way to get a LNF rate if Marriott's official website says there are no rooms available, but expedia / priceline / booking.com all show a room?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by morphogencc
Is there any way to get a LNF rate if Marriott's official website says there are no rooms available, but expedia / priceline / booking.com all show a room?
No. in my experience this situation is temporary.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 2:08 pm

They Don't Make It Easy

Been going back and forth all day with Marriott on a BRG claim for the AC Hotel Venezia. Best advance purchase rate on Marriott.com is 204 Euros. Best rate on Hotels.com is 175 Euros. Marriott says the rates are the same. I send a screen shot showing the lower rate. Marriott still says the rates are the same. I send it again. At a loss as to what to do.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by avatexrs
Been going back and forth all day with Marriott on a BRG claim for the AC Hotel Venezia. Best advance purchase rate on Marriott.com is 204 Euros. Best rate on Hotels.com is 175 Euros. Marriott says the rates are the same. I send a screen shot showing the lower rate. Marriott still says the rates are the same. I send it again. At a loss as to what to do.
Does the lower rate include tax? That might be your problem.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:00 pm

You are correct. Marriott just explained that in an email.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:10 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
LNF denied with the comment : "Marriott has determined that a valid Marriot reservation cannot be completed using the comparison source provided"

But I can actually click through the competing website all the way till payment. Very strange
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:43 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by sandyph
LNF denied with the comment : "Marriott has determined that a valid Marriot reservation cannot be completed using the comparison source provided"

But I can actually click through the competing website all the way till payment. Very strange
If the rate is refundable, you could book it and provide the booking confirmation for confirmation. They will then check whether the reservation makes it through to the Marriott reservation system.

HTB.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:16 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by sandyph

I just had a claim denied for the same "reason" by "Seth". When I verified the site, the lower rate was gone.

I wrote back that I was very upset at the reply as it basically gives no reason and lacks respect by just pointing to several pages of T&Cs. I'm really upset at this kind of response and think more people should bitterly complain.

HTB.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Quick question. I may have found a LNF for a hotel in BKK. The Marriott website rates are refundable. The only prepaid rate includes breakfast. On the OTA, I found a prepaid rate that does not include breakfast. Which will they use to compare? The refundable rate without breakfast, or the prepaid rate with breakfast. (BRGs are so much easier with SPG.)

Marriott rate
flexible, no breakfast: $173 (tax incl)
prepaid, with breakfast: $195 (tax incl)

OTA rate
prepaid, no breakfast: $152

(I am not booking a prepaid room.)
Old Apr 1, 2018, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Quick question. I may have found a LNF for a hotel in BKK. The Marriott website rates are refundable. The only prepaid rate includes breakfast. On the OTA, I found a prepaid rate that does not include breakfast. Which will they use to compare? The refundable rate without breakfast, or the prepaid rate with breakfast. (BRGs are so much easier with SPG.)

Marriott rate
flexible, no breakfast: $173 (tax incl)
prepaid, with breakfast: $195 (tax incl)

OTA rate
prepaid, no breakfast: $152

(I am not booking a prepaid room.)
If they are paying attention, they will deny you because you didn't book a room with the same terms (cancellable vs not) as what your giving the LNF for. That's what they compare, to see whether you booked a room under the same terms as the OTA rate you're now giving.

Check if the prepaid rate has a 24 hour cancel. Some Marriott prepaid rates do, some don't. Since LNF is supposed to get back to you within 24 hours, you can use such prepaid rates with 24 hours cancel pretty safely, since if you're denied or have no answer at 23h NNm, you can cancel and start again.

But unless they make a mistake, if you LNF against a prepaid rate and get approved, you LNF rate will also be prepaid. So if you don't want prepaid at all, give up on submitting LNFs for totally prepaid rates.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't want a prepaid rate at all so guess I'm sunk. That's the beauty of SPG BRGs. Cancellation policy is irrelevant, so my 100+ BRGs/yr are all cancellable. Wonder which way they will go when they merge the programs.

Thanks for the info.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I don't want a prepaid rate at all so guess I'm sunk. That's the beauty of SPG BRGs. Cancellation policy is irrelevant, so my 100+ BRGs/yr are all cancellable. Wonder which way they will go when they merge the programs.

Thanks for the info.
You could try, if you havent already done so, put the booking code REG as a special rates more often than not it will reveal a flexible rate
Old Apr 1, 2018, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by X-ON
You could try, if you havent already done so, put the booking code REG as a special rates more often than not it will reveal a flexible rate
Lots of flex rates on Marriott website. That's not the issue. I was hoping that matching "no breakfast" would be more important than matching the terms. Seems like both have to match.

A month ago, I had a LNF denied because I submitted a king bed vs 2 doubles or vice versa, can't remember which. Lots of nit picking going on.
estnet likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Can I just keep submitting claims and collecting 5000 points? Is there a limit? I can find BRG claims all over the world easily.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.