Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by LSL
I got the refund and now I'm out $85 CAD due to exchange rate differences. I feel like I shouldn't be paying for their mistake.
Another email back. And no you shouldn't pay for their mistake.
Old May 12, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: IHG Amb, MR Plat, FB Silver
Ask your bank to correct the difference. Explain them that you received a refund so they shouldn't charge any currency exchange fees.
Old May 17, 2017, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
So I tried to submit a claim using Snap Travel (https://booking.getsnaptravel.com/landing. They text your or FB messenger rates to you.

Intiially I was denied because the "rates aren't available publicly." I appealed because while the rates aren't published on a website, they are available to anyone of the general public. There is no special membership or requirement to receive the rates, the only difference is that the rates are texted to you rather than displayed on a website.

Here was their response to my appeal:

The rates are not published on a site, they are sent individually to each person we have no way of knowing if the same rates are quoted to everyone.
Also I am denying your claim, because your comparison site does not confirm reservations at the time of the initial transaction. Here is the information I found in the terms and conditions that describes the site’s booking process:

-Who we are

SnapTravel lets users book hotels at highly discounted rates over SMS and FB Messenger. Our team includes the former CEO of Hotels.com and the CTO of Expedia.

-How SnapTravel works

Hotels sell unsold inventory to Priceline and Hotwire because these prices are too low to show publicly. SnapTravel lets you book these same great rates without having to guess the hotel's name because your discounted price is not displayed publicly when you book over private 1-1 chat.
I see no or info on SnapTravel that says that they do not confirm reservations at the time of the initial transaction. Also looking at the Marriott LNF T&C, I see no specific T&C that would exclude the delivery of rates by text or message or that the rates must be verifiable as being "the same for everyone" even though it should be good enough (IMO) that the rate I claim is the same that they find.
Old May 18, 2017, 4:27 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
I agree with Marriott here. It'd be wrong to approve a claim when 3rd party is Snap Travel.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by joakgarp
I agree with Marriott here. It'd be wrong to approve a claim when 3rd party is Snap Travel.
On what basis?
I think if Marriott wants to exclude rates by text, they should update the LNF T&C.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Airmiles, RBC Rewards, British Airways Avios, American Airlines Aadvantage
Does this work when Marriotts website drops in price within the same day? Can you use one booking with another booking on the Marriott site to get this offer? I know this has probably been asked before but I couldn't find it.
Old May 19, 2017, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by pmich
Does this work when Marriotts website drops in price within the same day? Can you use one booking with another booking on the Marriott site to get this offer? I know this has probably been asked before but I couldn't find it.
I don't think that would work. A price drop on their own website is different than a competitor offering a lower rate. They'd just tell you to cancel the old reservation and book a new one.
Old May 19, 2017, 3:09 pm

I've never had the opportunity but according to the terms you should make a second reservation and when filing claim in the comment section give both reservation numbers. They should cancel one and adjust the other.

Read the terms for exact wording. Good luck.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Why not since it works for Marriott codes.
There's even a place to fill in the second Marriott reservation number and you have absolutely nothing to lose by trying your method out.

Old May 19, 2017, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Srisarin
Why not since it works for Marriott codes.
There's even a place to fill in the second Marriott reservation number and you have absolutely nothing to lose by trying your method out.
You can LNF a Marriott code? Which ones would work?
Old May 19, 2017, 9:17 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
You can LNF a Marriott code? Which ones would work?
Anyone which doesn't require a membership; thus an AAA or members-only rate wouldn't work, but say if you could find a M11 or M12 rate that is lower, you can use it for a LNF claim. I have successfully gotten LNF claims accepted using a Marriott code.
Old May 20, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Hold, SkyTeam Elite, Star Alliance Gold, One World Shappire
Yes, it works. I had a LNF when the next day the hotel drop off the price. ^
Old May 20, 2017, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Twickenham
Anyone which doesn't require a membership; thus an AAA or members-only rate wouldn't work, but say if you could find a M11 or M12 rate that is lower, you can use it for a LNF claim. I have successfully gotten LNF claims accepted using a Marriott code.
Thanks. 👍
Old May 21, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: DLPlat;AA,BA,US
Smile Boston Rennaisance Waterfront @ $138 9/4-5

Booked Rennaisance Boston Waterfront for 1 night Sept 4-5.
Mon-Tues Labor Day weekend

Found lowest rate using Trivago.com ..took me to Hotelpower.com @ $137.90
$154.32 with est taxes. Can be cancelled before 8/29/17
Marriott rate for fully cancellable room was $219 at the time.

Filed claim...Marriott matched w/ 25% discount = $109. plus taxes.

Happy
Marriott
Old May 23, 2017, 8:42 am

Hi,

I had a strange experience with Marriott's LNF team. I have booked a room via Marriott, then booked a room through an alternative site at about 50% of the Marriott rate just minutes later. It took me 23 hours to submit the claim and at first I was denied because Marriott believed I submitted the claim too late. However, my rate was adjusted to the new rate of the hotel on the Marriott website which is now slightly below my initial LNF comparison rate.

I think I should still receive 25% off my LNF comparison rate as at the time of booking it was substantially below Marriott's rate.

I replied to the email and submitted evidence of both bookings. Next reply was, that Marriott can't grant the 25% off, because the hotel has now lowered the rate and Marriott can't locate the alternate booking on their systems?

Does this sound right or should I insist? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.