Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Marriott Vacation Club
Originally Posted by azmojo
Reply back to the email they sent with the approval and do the math for them and hope they understand/agree.
These LNF agents are amazing. they get the simplest math wrong
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by richarddd
The policy requires that reservations have the same terms. What if cancellation terms are slightly different?

Marriott allows cancellation up to 6pm on the first day, while a much cheaper (about 40% off) Expedia rate only allows cancellation up to 11:59pm on the prior day.
Originally Posted by azmojo
I think that's acceptable. I think the problem is when one is cancellable and the other is not.
Originally Posted by funkbandit
The answer. Right there. Any different result would be an error by the agent.
While I prefer the first answer, the second seems technically correct.

I almost always see the 11:59pm cancellation for good Expedia rates, which would mean I could almost never use Expedia for any hotel chain's BRG (every one I've seen has a somewhat different policy). Is that correct?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Whats fun is when you provide the comparison site link and get a response that they can't find the rate (only a much higher one)... then I use the same link I provided and see the lower rate. So I ask them to try again. Then they respond that they still can't see the lower rate I found but only a higher one than my reservation.

Makes no sense... the link with embedded search data should pull the same rate especially since I can still see it on a different computer. Guess I'l have to try again later and hope I get a different LNF agent.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:16 pm

Got my Q answered

Last edited by mmamminna; Mar 27, 2017 at 9:41 pm
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:32 am
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum
Originally Posted by rylan
Makes no sense... the link with embedded search data should pull the same rate especially since I can still see it on a different computer. ...
One agent inform me, that they are not allowed to use a link.
They must find the rate by their own steps.

So it is better to write them a detail instruction how to find the rate than to send them a link.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The replies just say we can't provide screen shots... and in the LNF claim form there is even a spot to paste the link to the location where the rate is found...
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:23 am
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum
Yes, screen shots also not allowed

But in the claim form at field "Internet website other than an Official Marriott Brand website" just the root link, for example www.booking.com not www.booking.com/asdfasd/asdfasdF/asdf/sdfaS/F...

and below you will find a field "Comments " there you can describe how to find the rate.

Last edited by CL9; Mar 28, 2017 at 7:26 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Seems that Marriott has changed the handling of LNF-claims, as I now get a Salesforce.com response with a unique "claim ID" for each claim I submit:

Thank you for contacting Marriott's Look No Further team.

We have received your comparison rate information and have created the following case for your records: 47110815. One of our Look No Further team members will review the details you shared in your claim. Our commitment is to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your initial claim.

You are important to us and we look forward to working with you.

The Marriott Look No Further Team
Not sure if this means any difference in evaluating the claim (current verdict based on two claims: no), but it gives you the confirmation that your claim was received including a reference number, which I think is a good thing...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:20 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott - Platinum/LTG | KF *G QPPS (working on TPPS) | OZ - Diamond Plus
I'm a SPG member who is looking into Marriott options for NY in June, and found a possible LNF rate for the Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn - Marriott website showed an advance purchase rate of USD $361.00 before taxes for a "Guest room, 2 Double" (cheapest category of room), while z-- (OTA) listed a "Standard Quadruple Room" with 2 double beds for a non-refundable USD $249 including taxes.

However, when I booked and submitted my claim I received the following:

I am denying your claim because Marriott has determined that a valid Marriott reservation cannot be completed using the comparison source provided.
I've gone through the terms and conditions and can't quite understand why the OTA reservation would not be a valid one. The only thing I can think of is perhaps the room descriptions didn't match (though in effect the rooms seemed to be identical). The response seemed to indicate it was an issue with the OTA I used - but other OTAs were showing significantly higher rates. Thoughts or tips, anyone?

Edited to remove the name of OTA. Is there a list of OTAs which Marriott refuses to match to? This was an openly available rate - no login or closed bid (ala priceline) was required.

Last edited by horizontal; Mar 30, 2017 at 6:55 pm
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by horizontal
I'm a SPG member who is looking into Marriott options for NY in June, and found a possible LNF rate for the Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn - Marriott website showed an advance purchase rate of USD $361.00 before taxes for a "Guest room, 2 Double" (cheapest category of room), while z-- (OTA) listed a "Standard Quadruple Room" with 2 double beds for a non-refundable USD $249 including taxes.

However, when I booked and submitted my claim I received the following:

I've gone through the terms and conditions and can't quite understand why the OTA reservation would not be a valid one. The only thing I can think of is perhaps the room descriptions didn't match (though in effect the rooms seemed to be identical). The response seemed to indicate it was an issue with the OTA I used - but other OTAs were showing significantly higher rates. Thoughts or tips, anyone?

Edited to remove the name of OTA. Is there a list of OTAs which Marriott refuses to match to? This was an openly available rate - no login or closed bid (ala priceline) was required.
It must be confirm-able, that's the only rule. So if the website says 'on request' or 'we'll confirm within 24 hours' or things like that ... that is not allowed. Try again.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott - Platinum/LTG | KF *G QPPS (working on TPPS) | OZ - Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by cfischer
It must be confirm-able, that's the only rule. So if the website says 'on request' or 'we'll confirm within 24 hours' or things like that ... that is not allowed. Try again.
Thanks for that - I gave up and booked a room on points instead.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:17 pm
KRS

Originally Posted by djohannw
Seems that Marriott has changed the handling of LNF-claims, as I now get a Salesforce.com response with a unique "claim ID" for each claim I submit:

Not sure if this means any difference in evaluating the claim (current verdict based on two claims: no), but it gives you the confirmation that your claim was received including a reference number, which I think is a good thing...

Greetings - Dirk
I get the same, luckily they accepted my claim as fast as before

I like the fact that you receive a reference which in theory should make it easier to follow up, but the response email lacks the information submitted in the claim. Since the agent responded to the same automatic reply it means I will have to keep track of what rate/room/dates etc. I was claiming for.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:36 am

I just got an approval after some back and forth. I found the Fairfield Inn Chelsea NY on Booking.com for 8 nights at an average rate for about $207 per night. It was a refundable rate, so I grabbed it. I noticed that Marriott.com had a rate of about $265 avg per night, so I sent off a claim

Turns out my reservation at Booking.com grabbed the last room at that rate, they could not verify and I was denied. After some back and forth, I sent them my actual reservation and then had the claim approved.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:25 pm
pjs

Boscolo Prague for 2 weekend nights in July. Marriott rate with breakfast - 244 Euros. Found rate of $169.50 on booking.com. LNF could only find a 184 Euro rate, but it still dropped my rate to 138 Euros. I'm Gold so would get breakfast anyway, but this is still a good rate at this hotel for prime summer tourist season.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:52 pm

Hey guys, I found a one bedroom queen suite at a springhill suites on Priceline that has a lower price than any rate offered in Marriott.com. Problem is Marriott.com doesn't have anymore of that specific room type left for sale. How do I go about making the reservation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.