Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Fiji Momi Bay [Master Thread]

Marriott Fiji Momi Bay [Master Thread]

    Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 28, 18, 5:45 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Wiki Link
There is no Executive Lounge; however, Platinums receive complimentary breakfast (for up to 2) in the Goji Restaurant, a 20% discount on all food & beverage purchases and late checkout up to 4pm.

Free kids club for kids ages 4-12.
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 12, 14, 9:45 pm
  #1  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Auckland NZ
Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Posts: 1,092
Marriott Fiji Momi Bay [Master Thread]

This was announced in April: http://www.hotelmanagement.com.au/20...irms-momi-bay/

And in today's NZ Herald it seems to be getting underway:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11358109

However, will believe it when I see it.

(And apologies if old news - couldn't find it elsewhere except an old 2011 thread)
Wan1dap is offline  
Old Nov 12, 14, 10:30 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Posts: 2,144
There is I beklieve a thread about the JW that was planned several years ago.

This is great news--finally proceeding as a Marriott.,,,,

Just gotta wonder how the standard Marriott green carpets will fare in the overwater bures
travelexpert is offline  
Old Nov 13, 14, 7:32 am
  #3  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 68,539
Scheduled to open in 2016.

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old Dec 21, 16, 10:51 am
  #4  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 68,539
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay, which is slated to open in April, 2017. GM of new resort was recently interim GM of JW Marriott Singapore South Beach.

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old Jan 16, 17, 9:09 am
  #5  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 68,539
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...sort-momi-bay/

Opening April 2017. No category assigned yet.

"Discover your own tropical paradise at the new Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay. Experience the serenity of secluded Momi Bay on the western coast of Viti Levu, a 45-minute drive from Nadi International airport.

The resort features 136 contemporary Deluxe rooms and 114 luxurious Bure Villas, including 22 unique over-water Bure Villas with direct lagoon access. All rooms and Bure Villas come with a private balcony or terrace and extensive views of the pool, lagoon or ocean.

Soak up the sun at one of three large swimming pools, relax at the swim-up bar and indulge in one of our signature cocktails at the Lagoon Lounge. Rejuvenate with a treatment at Quan Spa or enjoy the resortís extensive water sport activities.

Discover our three intriguing destination restaurants & bars including Fish Bar, Grill & Bar, a refined dining experience which boasts breath-taking sunsets."
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old Jan 16, 17, 10:24 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: LAX
Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
Posts: 438
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...sort-momi-bay/

Opening April 2017. No category assigned yet.

"Discover your own tropical paradise at the new Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay. Experience the serenity of secluded Momi Bay on the western coast of Viti Levu, a 45-minute drive from Nadi International airport.

The resort features 136 contemporary Deluxe rooms and 114 luxurious Bure Villas, including 22 unique over-water Bure Villas with direct lagoon access. All rooms and Bure Villas come with a private balcony or terrace and extensive views of the pool, lagoon or ocean.

Soak up the sun at one of three large swimming pools, relax at the swim-up bar and indulge in one of our signature cocktails at the Lagoon Lounge. Rejuvenate with a treatment at Quan Spa or enjoy the resortís extensive water sport activities.

Discover our three intriguing destination restaurants & bars including Fish Bar, Grill & Bar, a refined dining experience which boasts breath-taking sunsets."

Good Find - think this is one to check out
Lani1 is offline  
Old Jan 16, 17, 11:52 am
  #7  
t1c
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: DTW
Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Posts: 824
Originally Posted by Lani1 View Post
Good Find - think this is one to check out
You bet!! I'm waiting for this one also!
t1c is offline  
Old Jan 20, 17, 9:11 am
  #8  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 68,539
The first day the property can be booked is April 1 2017. It has a day in advance cancel policy. AAA & senior rates are available at this property. No category listed yet.

Noticed this on the website. It's listed under Marriott Members offers. The rate seems to be $30 more than the regular rate for basic room. I'd say it's well worth the extra $30.

Opening offer
Stays from 1st April to 30th June
Includes breakfast buffet daily for 2 guests
Includes 100 FJD Food and Beverage credit per stay
Includes 1000 bonus Marriott rewards points per stay

At dif times of the year there are stay for breakfast deals, which includes brekkie for 2 adults & children 12 & younger.

Rates are not very much through end of June, but go up after that. I don't think rates are loaded yet for December.

Here are the room types at this property:

* Guest room, 1 King or 2 Double, Lagoon view, Pool access, Poolside, Balcony
* Lagoon Front, Guest room, 1 King or 2 Double, Waterfront, Pool access, Poolside, Balcony
* Duplex Lagoon Front Bure, Larger Guest room, 1 King, Lagoon Front view, Waterfront
* Duplex Ocean Front Bure, Larger Guest room, 1 King, Coral Coast view, Oceanfront
* Over-water Lagoon Bure, Villa, 1 King, Over-water view, Lagoon view, Balcony
* Over-water Royal Suite, 1 Bedroom Presidential Suite, 1 King, Over-water view, Lagoon view

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old Jan 20, 17, 9:21 am
  #9  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 68,539
Website says some of the local attractions are:

Momi Gun Site
Garden of the Sleeping Giant
Sabeto Hot Spring & Mud Bath
Port Denarau Marina
Cloud Break Surf
Sigatoka Sand Dunes
Zipline
Skydive Fiji
Hindu Temple Nadi

and 2 golf courses about 20 miles away.

Property has a man-made lagoon resort. 3 pools. Adults only, childrens pool, swim up bar.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old Jan 21, 17, 6:49 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: St. Paul, MN
Programs: DL DM 4.4 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium
Posts: 2,595
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
Website says some of the local attractions are:

Momi Gun Site
Garden of the Sleeping Giant
Sabeto Hot Spring & Mud Bath
Port Denarau Marina
Cloud Break Surf
Sigatoka Sand Dunes
Zipline
Skydive Fiji
Hindu Temple Nadi

and 2 golf courses about 20 miles away.

Property has a man-made lagoon resort. 3 pools. Adults only, childrens pool, swim up bar.
Thank you Sharon. I am surprised scuba is not mentioned. It is now on my list for a dive vacation though.
hnewman is offline  
Old Jan 25, 17, 4:46 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 663
Has anyone heard what category this resort may end up being?
tylerc is offline  
Old Jan 25, 17, 10:03 am
  #12  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 68,539
Originally Posted by tylerc View Post
Has anyone heard what category this resort may end up being?
As I mentioned in my posts, the category is not listed yet on Marriott's website. Until it is, the category level is just speculation. I would expect it to be an 8 or 9 though (that's just a guess).

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old Jan 26, 17, 5:02 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: FRA
Programs: MR Gold, IHG Gold AMB
Posts: 261
Category 8. Ridiculous.
elva is offline  
Old Jan 26, 17, 7:24 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Programs: LTP, PP
Posts: 8,016
Originally Posted by elva View Post
Category 8. Ridiculous.
If the Residence Inn Treasure Island RI studio, sandwiched in between run down mom & pop motels and bungalows is Cat 8, how can this not be Cat 15???

Ridiculous, I agree. Watch for it all to get much, much worse next month with a tight window to redeem at old categories.
joshua362 is offline  
Old Jan 26, 17, 7:40 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cockeysville, MD
Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Posts: 9,011
Originally Posted by joshua362 View Post
If the Residence Inn Treasure Island RI studio, sandwiched in between run down mom & pop motels and bungalows is Cat 8, how can this not be Cat 15???

Ridiculous, I agree. Watch for it all to get much, much worse next month with a tight window to redeem at old categories.
I sound like a broken record...but if the CY Ocean City MD is a Cat 9...anything is possible.
Mr. Vker is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: