Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Fiji Momi Bay [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2017, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
There is no Executive Lounge; however, Platinums receive complimentary breakfast (for up to 2) in the Goji Restaurant, a 20% discount on all food & beverage purchases and late checkout up to 4pm.

Free kids club for kids ages 4-12.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Fiji Momi Bay [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by rickastleyjr

Dec 8 - 11. What is general peak for this location?
April through December are the dry months with July and August the driest. December is also the beginning of summer in Australia and New Zealand, which are among the biggest tourism markets for Fiji. So I imagine December is somewhat quiet compared with the North American summer, which is winter for Australia and New Zealand.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
April through December are the dry months with July and August the driest. December is also the beginning of summer in Australia and New Zealand, which are among the biggest tourism markets for Fiji. So I imagine December is somewhat quiet compared with the North American summer, which is winter for Australia and New Zealand.
Thanks. What room would you recommend? Over-water or ocean front bure?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Thanks. What room would you recommend? Over-water or ocean front bure?
I've never stayed there so I can't make a recommendation, but you only live once.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:29 am

Is there a contact email available for this property? I have a stay the beginning of December and did not get any information through my confirmation.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:03 am
Suspended

Is there a contact email available for this property? I have a stay the beginning of December and did not get any information through my confirmation.
Silvano Dressino is the general manager, according to responses by the property to TripAdvisor.com reviews. So, I'd try <[email protected]>
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:57 pm
Community Director Emerita

We had a very pleasant two day stay. The property is roughly one hour south of Nadi. It is isolated, quite far from any village, restaurant or shopping, on its own beautiful bay. There is extensive beautiful landscaping on the road that leads to the hotel. I had a one night paid booking and my husband used a credit card night for the 2nd night. I am platinum premier elite and he is platinum. I was upgraded to a lagoon facing bure several days in advance. He had not gotten an upgrade in advance. Staff cheerfully married his booking to mine and left us in the same room. I believe there are four types of rooms or nuances thereof. There are 3 buildings at the front of the property that look like long motels with 2 stories. I think all the rooms have balconies and face the lagoon. There there are two types of bures, distinguished as to whether they face the ocean or face the lagoon. The bures are duplexes, so shared by two sets of guests but with a privacy wall dividing the deck. The bures facing the ocean do not have beaches. You cannot access the water from them. Our bure faced the lagoon and had a sandy beach. The water was very temperate. There were the occasional paddle boarders, snorklers, and swimmers. The top accommodation is the over water bure. These are in the lagoon and are relatively close to the Lagoon Restaurant and activities that surround it.

Entry level rooms

Lagoon facing bure with two sides

Over the water bures

Dawn view from lagoon facing view

I was really happy with our lagoon facing bure. It was near the end of the long line of bures, and offered a great sense of privacy. Yes, it took quite a while at times to wait for a cart, but I had read the thread and knew that would be the case. I really liked having a predominantly water view with little seen of the core of the property.

Breakfast was a platinum amenity and was superb. I know there was an August report that said otherwise. I've no idea if there was a change in the kitchen, but it really was excellent. It had a wide range of well prepared food from Thai to Japanese to Chinese to British and on and on. I don't think I made it around all the tables to see what all the offerings were. The evening dinner at Goji was a buffet that varied in focus from night to night. Buffets are not my thing so we headed to the Lagoon Restaurant where we could order from a menu. Here the food focused on Italian and Mediteranean. I appreciated the 20% discount given to plats.

Staff were unfailingly cheerful. Yes, sometimes it took a long time to get something, especially when we needed it delivered to the room, but we relaxed and accepted being on Fijian time. There is one place to sightsee near the property. It is the Momi Battery Historic Park. During WWIi there was fear that the island would be invaded by the Japanese. New Zealand was the first to send soldiers followed by the USA. Guns were built into the hill to provide protection over the water. It was a 15 minute drive. It was a small thing to see but we enjoyed learning about this piece of history.

Platinum benefits

Momi Bay Historic Park
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:25 am
Suspended

Platinum premium! A new level. Ugh.

In all seriousness, it looks like a nice stay. It also seems like more properties are giving 20% off at restaurants for platinums. Waikiki Marriott does this and insists it's required. I just smile and nod my head.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:48 pm

Platinum premium! A new level. Ugh.

In all seriousness, it looks like a nice stay. It also seems like more properties are giving 20% off at restaurants for platinums. Waikiki Marriott does this and insists it's required. I just smile and nod my head.
It is all part of the revamped F&B program that replaces SPG cravings.

Only Asia-Pacific for now but all Marriott brands are now included, you do not even have to be staying at the hotel.

10 points per $1 spent for in-house and non-stay guests + the following discounts for status members;
10% Silver elite
15% Gold elite
20% Platinum & Platinum Premier elites

Full details and searchable list of outlets.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
sandiego1k, thank you for the review & pictures. Sounds like you had a lovely trip!

Cheers.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: Ambassador, spg plat
Originally Posted by zakami
Would you consider this place kid-friendly (4 and 6 year olds)?
Yes, absolutely!
Our kids (6,9) loved the kids club and couldn't wait to go there every day. Plenty of other kids to play with in the resort. Kids club is very nice and spacious.
Stayed there in October and loved it so much .. so going back in April.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
We are off to a very bad start to our New Year's holiday trip to Marriott Fiji Momi Bay.

We made 2 bookings, cancelled the same day (few hours later), allowed as per cancellation policy. Then booked two rooms that we really decided to stay.

It seems that the reservation team at this hotel either does not read booking condition or doesn't read English. They charge two bookings that allowed cancellation as none refundable bookings. Credit card been pushed over limit by their multiple charges and it already took 10 emails and multiple screenshots and they still couldn't understand it.

Would it be better to take it to Marriott to help resolve the problem?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ausriver
Would it be better to take it to Marriott to help resolve the problem?
Yes.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:05 am

Yes.
The hotel has confirmed that they did not read the cancellation policy and incorrect over charged, however, unable to refund me... WHAT...?
They offered me to use the over charged amount as hotel credit.... very good way to force guest to spend everything at the hotel.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ausriver
The hotel has confirmed that they did not read the cancellation policy and incorrect over charged, however, unable to refund me... WHAT...?
They offered me to use the over charged amount as hotel credit.... very good way to force guest to spend everything at the hotel.
I'd be tempted to cancel my stay and go somewhere else.

Contact your credit card company.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:01 am

I'd be tempted to cancel my stay and go somewhere else.

Contact your credit card company.
The hotel reply was because a refund will take a long time (i.e. 10 days) to reach my account, and since my arrival will be within 10 days, why not leave it for now and settle everything after the stay. What a logic...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.