Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Fiji Momi Bay [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2017, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
There is no Executive Lounge; however, Platinums receive complimentary breakfast (for up to 2) in the Goji Restaurant, a 20% discount on all food & beverage purchases and late checkout up to 4pm.

Free kids club for kids ages 4-12.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Fiji Momi Bay [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2017, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Anything we know about the property is listed up thread & from the website. Property doesn't open until April, so no trip reports yet.

Marriott doesn't list email contacts on its properties websites (an irritant to be sure). You could possibly check w/ MR ressies or cust svc & see if they have one.

Odds are no free brekkie due to resort status.

There is a kids pool. Don't know about a kids club.

Depending on your stay (ie, if it's before the end of June) there are some good rates & opening packages that include brekkie, so you may want to consider just paying for rooms vs. using points & paying for upgrade. If your stay is after June, then it looks like normal rates go into effect & points might be better option.

Cheers.
I contacted the hotel... and confirmed there is a kids club for 4-12 years old - complimentary (per the communication from the hotel). The kids club also shows up as a benefit in some of the room rates (Family package)
Old May 9, 2017, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by JBauer
Hello. SPG Platinum trying to figure out this Marriott stuff.

-I can't find a contact for this hotel on the website? Is there someone like a SPG Ambasador to help, on my behalf, contact the hotel? I'd love to use points and inquire about $$ upgrades to better rooms...

-Do Marriott Platinum's get free breakfast at this place? I see it gets tricky with resorts?

-any news on a kids club here?

thanks so much
I just contacted the hotel... and confirmed that Platinum members get two free breakfasts per room, there is no lounge, and there is a complimentary kids club for 4-12 years old.

And based on that, I just made a reservation for a week in late August... 160,000 points for a 5 night category 8 stay... I trust it is worth it !
Old May 10, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: AC MM / S100K, United MP Silver, Qantas Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Gold
Trip Report - Momi Bay

Stayed here for 4 nights last week. As a Platinum, I was upgraded from "Deluxe Lagoon View" to "Oceanfront Duplex Bure". There is no Executive Lounge; however, Platinums receive complimentary breakfast (for up to 2) in the Goji Restaurant; Plats also receive a 20% discount on all food & beverage purchases.

My oceanfront Bure was just about the furthest from the reception/ restaurant, making for a 10-minute walk; however, there are frequent golf carts passing by or you can call and request one if needed.

The staff were genuinely friendly, but there were some teething pains evident, especially during busy breakfast rush and the lengthy queues to check in and out. I also had several irregularities on my bill, so best to scrutinize before you depart.

The resort is pretty isolated and therefore options to dine elsewhere would require a much longer (40 min) drive than from Denaru Island resorts. That said, the resort captures the Fijian "Bula" vibe perfectly and I found that I was able to totally relax. It's very quiet and their is good separation from the "child- friendly" and "adult only" portions.

I would return in a heartbeat...
Thunderroad likes this.
Old May 10, 2017, 7:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report! Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:25 am

Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay

Staying at this hotel this coming November and wanted to see if anyone has any tips or recommendations while my wife and I start planning our vacation. Thanks!
Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:28 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-momi-bay.html
Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:26 pm

Anyone know if Marriott Gold's get free breakfast also in this resort ?

Thanks
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:43 am

Also - in addition to my above question - a bit confused re the overwater bures - I saw somewhere it says no under 18's, but on the room description it allows an option of a cot bed ??!!!

Can you have a baby in a cot in all room types ?

Thanks
Old Jul 9, 2017, 5:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by drmish1
Anyone know if Marriott Gold's get free breakfast also in this resort ?

Thanks
Originally Posted by drmish1
Also - in addition to my above question - a bit confused re the overwater bures - I saw somewhere it says no under 18's, but on the room description it allows an option of a cot bed ??!!!

Can you have a baby in a cot in all room types ?

Thanks
Best to contact the property directly (via Skype if your cell phone package doesn't cover int'l) & ask. Then please report back.

Cheers.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:55 am

Anybody stayed in their over the water bures? Does the room have any glass bottoms inside to view the lagoon waters from within?

also, anyone been able to use points to book a regular room, and pay extra to upgrade to the bures?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:06 pm

Programs: SE 100K MM,UA Gold, Marriott Titanium,Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade, National Exec Elite
i stayed last month, a beautiful room. it doesnt have glass floor but behind the bed and along the entry there are small raised areas where you can view the water through glass.
It was nice but if you seek privacy, I would lean toward an Ocean Front Bure instead.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Best to contact the property directly (via Skype if your cell phone package doesn't cover int'l) & ask. Then please report back.

Cheers.
Also curious about upgrades and breakfast for golds...anyone have experience?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
Free Breakfast + 20% discount for Golds too

I’m currently on site, and can confirm that the fre breakfast for two in Gogi and 20% discount on all food and beverage applies to Gold elites as well. This was a pleasant surprise, and I thought this was only offered to Plats.

Also received a bottle of bubbly in room and invitation to a cocktail reception with the GM.

So far, our stay has been wonderful. Service has been great with exception of a few slip ups (forgetting to provide fresh silverware when clearing plates, or bringing a pot of coffee with no mug).
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by Blootch
I’m currently on site, and can confirm that the fre breakfast for two in Gogi and 20% discount on all food and beverage applies to Gold elites as well. This was a pleasant surprise, and I thought this was only offered to Plats.

Also received a bottle of bubbly in room and invitation to a cocktail reception with the GM.

So far, our stay has been wonderful. Service has been great with exception of a few slip ups (forgetting to provide fresh silverware when clearing plates, or bringing a pot of coffee with no mug).
May i ask if you were upgraded as a gold?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
Originally Posted by JBG89
May i ask if you were upgraded as a gold?
I booked the Over-water Bure outright. Upon check-in, I was told that "we can't upgrade you, as you already have the highest category room" The letter I received upon check in did reference a complimentary upgrade to premium room pending availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.