Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Marquis at the Marina, San Diego [Master Thread]

Marriott Marquis at the Marina, San Diego [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 11, 17, 1:50 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Wiki Link
This property is one of the 14 exempt from offering breakfast on the weekend when the lounge is closed. The elite gets 1,000pts/day instead.

Hat tip to LoganFlyer:

"A heads up: parking is now managed by Ace Parking, which means parking charges are no longer eligible for points at this hotel."
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 20, 19, 4:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88 View Post
What garbage. Stayed here on a weekend w/ a group negotiated rate that had no "destination fee" - but what pure garbage.
Go try a stay at the "Hotel Republic" Autograph Collection property instead. No lounge, but they did do breakfast for 2 in the lobby as then platinum premiere selection.
the republic has a lounge now. Its right above the lobby
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 19, 12:12 pm
RNE

Programs: UA Electrum, Crown&Anchor Diamond, CaptainsCircle Platinum
Is this the Marriott Marquis at the Marina, San Diego thread?... or the I Hate Marriott Marquis at the Marina, San Diego thread?
Old Feb 21, 19, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Personally I real like like the marquis.

Great location and onsite food options. Rooms a bit dated but overall Id take this hotel over others in SD

i do wish the rates were lower so I could stay here and stay within company policy. This would be my go to hotel otherwise in SD
Old Feb 21, 19, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Nuhusky View Post
Personally I real like like the marquis.

Great location and onsite food options. Rooms a bit dated but overall Id take this hotel over others in SD

i do wish the rates were lower so I could stay here and stay within company policy. This would be my go to hotel otherwise in SD
Agreed. We went last year and loved it. Bit pricey but great location/facilities. Unfortunately no lounge access based on merger any longer but lounge was decent
Old Feb 21, 19, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
I've had probably a dozen stays at the Marquis over the past couple of years. I like the bay view balcony rooms. Elite recognition is hit or miss and the lounge is a zoo. The pricing ultimately chased me a way - they charge a major premium to the competition which IMO is not justified by the product.
markko likes this.