FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Hotel Park City, Autograph Collection - Utah [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1626955-hotel-park-city-autograph-collection-utah-master-thread.html)

SkiAdcock Nov 7, 2014 12:18 pm

Hotel Park City, Autograph Collection - Utah [Master Thread]

Just noticed this property is supposed to open in December 2014, although there's no information available on the hotel's website yet. Wonder if it's Autograph's version of a RI since it mentions suites & kitchen/kitchenettes.

In the 'snapshot' version on the Marriott website it shows this:

Key Amenities
High-speed Internet
Free high speed Internet
Fitness center
Business center
Restaurant on-site
Pool
Kitchen/kitchenette
Meeting event space

Key Amenities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 12:00 PM

HIGH-SPEED INTERNET ACCESS
Guest rooms: Complimentary Wireless, Wired
Lobby and public areas: Complimentary Wireless
Meeting rooms: Wireless, Wired

PARKING

PROPERTY DETAILS
3 floors 100 suites
9 meeting rooms
Hotel Services & Amenities
Car Rental
Mobility accessible rooms

Restaurants & Lounges
RUTH'S CHRIS STEAK HOUSE
American
Open for lunch and dinner
Dress code: Casual

BANDANAS BAR AND GRILL
American
Open for lunch and dinner
Dress code: Casual

Fitness & Recreation
Fitness Center

ski Nov 7, 2014 12:51 pm

It is very nice, more like Colorado ski resorts nicer timeshares on smaller scale. Check out Hotel Park City website, believe Marriott is just going to start running it. Not as convenient as other Park City Marriott timeshares ski in/ out, but nicer, at least several years ago. Ruth Chris in lobby.

SkiAdcock Nov 7, 2014 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by ski (Post 23807670)
It is very nice, more like Colorado ski resorts nicer timeshares on smaller scale. Check out Hotel Park City website, believe Marriott is just going to start running it. Not as convenient as other Park City Marriott timeshares ski in/ out, but nicer, at least several years ago. Ruth Chris in lobby.

Looks nice from the website!

http://www.hotelparkcity.com/

So it will probably be considered a resort (so not much elite bennies) & come in at a high category when Marriott officially adds it.

Cheers.

SkiAdcock Jan 19, 2015 12:43 pm

Hotel is now open. Category 8. Resort so probably only bennie will be free wi-fi. From hotel website:

Breakfast is included in all non-group rates and non-redemption rates through March 31, 2015.

Something else to note is that they seem to charge a 1-night deposit when you make the reservation & it's non-refundable if canceled less than 30 days before arrival. Rates seem to start at $549.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ph-collection/

Hotel Park City an All Suite Luxury Hotel

Discover paradise in the mountains of northern Utah at our Park City resort hotel, where modern luxury meets the charm of an old world ski resort. Located alongside world-renowned ski slopes and an 18-hole golf course in Park City, Utah, our resort has been rated “top ski hotel” by Conde Nast Traveler and received a 2014 “certificate of excellence” from Trip Advisor. Each of our 100 suites features a cozy fireplace, King-size beds, jetted tubs and a private balcony or patio with gorgeous views of the mountains, golf course and outdoor pool. AAA Four Diamond Rated – Trip Advisor Winner Certificate of Excellence 2014 - Smart Meetings 2009 Platinum choice - Utah Business Magazine Most Admired Company

Boraxo Jan 19, 2015 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 24195652)
Something else to note is that they seem to charge a 1-night deposit when you make the reservation & it's non-refundable if canceled less than 30 days before arrival. Rates seem to start at $549.

Note: that's actually more generous than Vail, where I think the entire reservation was non-refundable <45 days. :td:

Rates seem a bit high for the area, but maybe not depending on the room size and whether you can fit a family in there! Certainly a better location than (ahem) competitors WA (Hilton) and Hyatt.

SkiAdcock Jan 19, 2015 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo (Post 24195910)
Rates seem a bit high for the area, but maybe not depending on the room size and whether you can fit a family in there! Certainly a better location than (ahem) competitors WA (Hilton) and Hyatt.

It's an all-suite hotel. Website has pics & dimensions of the various suites. Rates ranged from $549-$1,149 when I looked. Guessing the higher rates were for larger suites.

Cheers.

jrsinpdx May 18, 2015 4:07 pm

Mini review

I'm currently staying at the Autograph Park City and I'm impressed with the hotel. Excellent service from everyone. Hotel does charge a $17.00 Resort Fee but parking is free. Good location with several restaurants in walking distance. Hotel restaurant is a "Ruth's Chris Steakhouse". Was upgraded without asking to a "Cottage Suite"and it's great. Large sitting area and separate bedroom both open onto deck with hot tub. Large bathroom with whirlpool tub & separate shower. Our room has a nice lake/golf course view. Triangular fireplace has openings in sitting room, bedroom and on deck, each with its own gas logs.

As you surmised, there is no free breakfast At checkin I was offered points or food & beverages credit but no other elite bennies.

Mrs jrsinpdx rates this cottage as one of the best upgrades we've ever received!

SkiAdcock May 18, 2015 5:26 pm

Thanks for the trip report. Much appreciated!

Cheers.

VisaW Oct 13, 2016 9:11 pm

October 2016 Update

I just completed a three-night stay here and thought I'd provide a brief update for future travelers.

The short: Stay here.

The long: Stay here because it's gorgeous. It doesn't hurt that I was double-upgraded to a cottage deluxe executive suite (actually the same one that's photographed on Marriott's website).

I can't speak to the standard suites, which I believe are located in the same building attached to the resort's lobby and restaurant, but the cottages exist in quiet seclusion. I left the doors cracked and didn't hear a sound aside from the gently babbling stream that separates the cottages from the 18th green.

Linens are quality -- a step above the standard Marriott fare. Extremely thick robes are provided and are perfect for when you step out of the hot tub and it's 34 degrees outside (it happened).

The soaps are the best I've ever used at any hotel worldwide, full stop. Both the hand and body soaps are handmade from olive oil -- it's the kind of soap that costs $7-15 depending on where you shop. Hand soap is wild lavender scented and has thick specks of lavender throughout. Body soap is wild cedar. It's the kind of soap I use at home, and if you take care of it (don't let it sit in a pool of water), each bar is big enough to last 1-2 months.

Also in the suite: a kitchen with glass stovetop, silverware and ceramic dinnerware; a washer/dryer combo; and plenty of rich leather furniture, including a couch that pulls out to a queen bed.

Can't say enough about this property. And if you come in the off-season, rates are extremely low for what you get ($189/night). No skiing though.

SkiAdcock Oct 14, 2016 1:52 am

Thanks for the trip report! Much appreciated. Sounds like a nice property.

Cheers.

Lani1 Oct 15, 2016 12:20 am

Originally Posted by VisaW (Post 27343814)
I just completed a three-night stay here and thought I'd provide a brief update for future travelers.

The short: Stay here.

The long: Stay here because it's gorgeous. It doesn't hurt that I was double-upgraded to a cottage deluxe executive suite (actually the same one that's photographed on Marriott's website).

I can't speak to the standard suites, which I believe are located in the same building attached to the resort's lobby and restaurant, but the cottages exist in quiet seclusion. I left the doors cracked and didn't hear a sound aside from the gently babbling stream that separates the cottages from the 18th green.

Linens are quality -- a step above the standard Marriott fare. Extremely thick robes are provided and are perfect for when you step out of the hot tub and it's 34 degrees outside (it happened).

The soaps are the best I've ever used at any hotel worldwide, full stop. Both the hand and body soaps are handmade from olive oil -- it's the kind of soap that costs $7-15 depending on where you shop. Hand soap is wild lavender scented and has thick specks of lavender throughout. Body soap is wild cedar. It's the kind of soap I use at home, and if you take care of it (don't let it sit in a pool of water), each bar is big enough to last 1-2 months.

Also in the suite: a kitchen with glass stovetop, silverware and ceramic dinnerware; a washer/dryer combo; and plenty of rich leather furniture, including a couch that pulls out to a queen bed.

Can't say enough about this property. And if you come in the off-season, rates are extremely low for what you get ($189/night). No skiing though.

Thanks heading there early November

canesfan Mar 30, 2017 2:25 pm

Any recent stays here over the winter? Thinking of burning 160,000 points and staying 5 nights sometime in Jan / Feb 2018. Just wanted to see about any successful upgrades from Executive Suite to Cottage Suite. Mainly I want a room with a hot tub, and it looks like about 50% of the rooms here are Cottages with hot tubs. I am a Gold member.

SkiAdcock Mar 31, 2017 9:22 am

If you go in January & it's during the Sundance film festival, my guess is upgrades would not be easy because the studios would book the higher end suites.

Cheers.

canesfan Mar 31, 2017 11:35 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 28111269)
If you go in January & it's during the Sundance film festival, my guess is upgrades would not be easy because the studios would book the higher end suites.

Cheers.

Definitely not going during Sundance, as we don't want to deal with crowds... Most likely early January or February. Might avoid President's day weekend too, as I read a review on TripAdvisor stating they were sold out that weekend.

C17PSGR May 31, 2017 3:26 pm

Sounds like given a choice between this property and the PC Marriott that this is the property of choice.