Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Austin Downtown, TX [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Austin Downtown, TX [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2016, 5:22 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by jredmond02
Appreciate the tip!

Any locals can provide a tip on cheaper parking? Just saw hotel wants $40+ a day. Pretty ridiculous
There is a public lot right next to the hotel. Its $20+ for 24 hours. The parking lot you see on the bottom corner is the lot. We kept an eye on our rental (NOT) from our room.
DSC07000 by B H, on Flickr
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:21 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by spgplat21
The platinum breakfast was any two entrees and drinks off the menu at the hotel restaurant if that factors into your decision at all.
Appreciate your report Is that per person? For example, a person can order a hot beverage and juice as well as two food items?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Appreciate your report Is that per person? For example, a person can order a hot beverage and juice as well as two food items?
No, it's two of each total (one entree and one drink per person). That said, I ordered juice and coffee, expecting to have to pay for one and they were both taken off the bill.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 3:00 am

Programs: Delta Diamond SPG Plat Hyatt Diamond
I can confirm I did coffee/juice as did my girlfriend and they were both removed without issue here in May
Old Oct 14, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plat, Bonvoy Amb, HH Dia, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres
I have been staying at the W, JW and Westin alternating between the three for the past three or so months. I can offer some insight to help guide decision.

JW=Large hotel, almost feels like a Vegas hotel. Three restaurants on site and massive lobby. Lots of action here. The Lounge is great, some good food and drinks and is a big value add. Little to no recognition of Plat here, pretty sure every room over floor 25 they consider a "view" room and a couple of times I got "upgraded" to a connecting room with a terrible view.

Westin= Much smaller, right in the mix for the 6th street bar scene. Not much of an atmosphere in the lobby or hotel itself. Overall the rooms feel dark and cramped, and got a couple with really strange layouts. Service, room service in particular is terrible and not much plat recognition either. Also, waited 30+ min for valet one time.

W= Typical W. A scene again with some interesting options in the lobby etc. Rooms are on the smaller side and important to note that residences are on the higher floors, so not much of a view even from the top hotel floors. This is the oldest of the bunch, so some of the rooms show some wear- not enough to make anything uncomfortable, just enough to know its older. Room service is great if that has any bearing. Here you just need to know what to expect, and this includes house music every time you enter a public space.

Quick Recap and anything I missed.
JW= Parking $42 I believe, good lounge, GREAT Gym, good pool, 3 restaurants, good views & largest of the bunch. New, clean and open rooms

Westin= Parking $40, less food choices, in the middle of the action. Service not great, rooms w/strange configurations/nothing special

W= Parking $39, typical W scene. Not great views, overall solid.
steveholt likes this.

Last edited by DEN ConsultMonkey; Oct 14, 2016 at 7:46 am Reason: Removed quote
Old Oct 14, 2016, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by DEN ConsultMonkey
I have been staying at the W, JW and Westin alternating between the three for the past three or so months. I can offer some insight to help guide decision.
The JW is actually the largest hotel here in Austin, in terms of room total, I'm 99% sure. It's also brand new, it even came here after I did and I only moved here just over a year ago!

The W Austin is well above most of the other Ws in USA, much closer to an international W.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Westin does have the best pool view. The Omni does too.
Can't wait for the Zaza to open.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I had a great stay here in August.

The breakfast amenity was a standout as it included any entree off the brunch menu plus coffee and juice. Excellent food.

Loved the design of the hotel, felt more like a cross between a W and newer Le Meridien.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Seems like the management/ownership at this Westin has a screw loose. Per VFTW, the hotel was built and marketed as being part of the Austin music scene including music decor throughout the building. However when it came to actually building it, they decided to be cheap on the soundproofing despite being in the same neighborhood as numerous music venues / bars.

They are now suing the Nook Amphitheater next door over the noise

Shame on the Westin.

Story: http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....275.1482389631
Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Had a good stay over the July 4th weekend. Upgraded to a suite. Had a welcome amenity of some tea, two local beers, and some sweets. Pool was very crowded but we were able to get some chairs by the pool.

Breakfast in the restaurant was also generous and of good quality.

Overall very happy with the stay.
Attached Images   
Old Jul 9, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco

Breakfast in the restaurant was also generous and of good quality.
Was this the PLT breakfast?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:42 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
Your answer is in the wiki: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...t-benefit.html
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
Yes.

The weekend menu is here:

https://www.stellasanjac.com/brunch

During the week:

https://www.stellasanjac.com/breakfast

You get one juice or fresh pressed juice plus coffee or tea and one entree per person. Though one of us ordered the parfait and biscuits and that was considered one entree. So I guess YMMV.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Yes.

The weekend menu is here: https://www.stellasanjac.com/brunch

During the week: https://www.stellasanjac.com/breakfast

You get one juice or fresh pressed juice plus coffee or tea and one entree per person. Though one of us ordered the parfait and biscuits and that was considered one entree. So I guess YMMV.
Thanks, that sounds great... Its interesting because I find at many Westins you just get coffee, muffin and a banana.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:00 pm

It doesn't sound like it - but anyone know if they comp parking for "Titaniums"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.