Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Cotton House, Autograph Collection - Barcelona Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 2, 2016, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
"Nice little touch in the room was a Nespresso coffee machine with three complimentary pods of coffee, replenished daily. Extra pods were 3 Euro so take extra from home to save a little."

Email addresses for this property (per posts 91 and 92) (click the link to send email):

[email protected]

[email protected]
Print Wikipost

The Cotton House, Autograph Collection - Barcelona Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
So only continental breakfast for perks as a Titanium/Plat.?. Was looking at this for upcoming trip but might look elsewhere..
Old Jul 21, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
That is correct. Cont only.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 11:45 pm

Stayed here relatively recently on Spain trip. Titanium. Paid in cash and got at least 1 level of an upgraded room. Took the 2 complimentary drinks and the continental breakfast benefits at check-in. As has been covered, it is truly a continental breakfast. Lots of bread, cheese, ham. Never ate any other meals in the hotel so cannot really comment.

Location of the hotel is very convenient. It was about a 5-10 minute walk from a few different subway lines. You could pretty easily get all over the city from there if you were willing to walk/subway.

As for the everything about the actual structure of the hotel, it is beautiful. Front desk staff was very nice. The concierges on the second floor were amazing - shout out to Vittoria. They always had good dinner suggestions and were able to make a reservation at the last minute for us.

If I had to suggest one place for improvement, I would say that the housekeeping in the rooms could be improved.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:14 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by churning
If I had to suggest one place for improvement, I would say that the housekeeping in the rooms could be improved.
What was deficient with housekeeping during your stay? Did I miss how long your stay was?
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin

What was deficient with housekeeping during your stay? Did I miss how long your stay was?
Stay was 3 nights. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't 5 star either. It was little things like not getting shampoo replenished each day or the housekeeping staff not removing the empty glasses we took from the lobby and bringing them back down to the lobby so instead we had to do it. I wouldn't complain about little things like that if it wasn't a 5 star hotel.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 4:28 am

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Did a two night stay soon after the New Year, my first stay in a Marriott Autograph Collection. Was upgraded from a Cotton Room to an Egyptian Room, after a bit of prodding (more to get a quicker resolution rather than actually nagging for the upgrade); apparently the suites were unavailable and I did not press. My Egyptian Room faced Gran Via, which had a small but functional walk-in closet in lieu of the balcony that the courtyard view (i.e. rear-facing) Cotton and Egyptian Rooms had. I found the walk-in closet more useful/practical than the balcony in winter, although in summer the attraction of the balcony (facing east) would likely be greater. Breakfast was good (a mixture of continental cold cuts and a la carte cooked stuff (e.g. mini sausages or bacon, eggs any style, honey glazed crepe), although I thought it was somewhat imbalanced by the slight over-emphasis on cakes.

As previous postr churning said, the experience while very good and professional, wasn't 5-star. Then again, I had just come over off a 5-night stay at the much-vaunted Alfonso XIII in Sevilla, and that stay wasn't exactly 5-star to my thinking, probably not even quite Luxury Collection standard too.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 3:24 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Just had a very nice stay here and wanted to give a COVID update. Booked a Cotton Room and got upgraded to Egyptian. Breakfast was included in my rate, so I took the points. Also got a welcome drink at the bar/restaurant. Breakfast was a combination of buffet and order off a menu. For the buffet, they used disposable tongs that seemed to be made of palm fronds - very clever. Pool was open. The fitness center was also open, they requested you call in advance for them to clean it before use.
The staff were absolutely fantastic and the hotel is just stunning. I will absolutely stay here again.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 5:50 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by dcmike
Just had a very nice stay here and wanted to give a COVID update. Booked a Cotton Room and got upgraded to Egyptian. Breakfast was included in my rate, so I took the points. Also got a welcome drink at the bar/restaurant. Breakfast was a combination of buffet and order off a menu. For the buffet, they used disposable tongs that seemed to be made of palm fronds - very clever. Pool was open. The fitness center was also open, they requested you call in advance for them to clean it before use.
The staff were absolutely fantastic and the hotel is just stunning. I will absolutely stay here again.
Thats really good to hear; I’m glad you enjoyed your stay. I was hoping to stay here this summer but the UK pulled the plug on Spain...
Old Aug 3, 2020, 10:03 am

Thumbs up

Disposable tongs, interesting....

I’m guessing buffet’s aren’t banned in Spain, however nice to hear they have thought of solutions!

Have always had my eye on this place, especially now that the W is starting to show it’s age. Moved up a reward category recently, wondering if it may move back down next year.
Old May 2, 2021, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
In case anybody is interested (and allowed to travel to Spain), the Cotton House is offering month-long stays at a fabulous rate through July 31st (I confirmed this week). For a month, the price ranges from €950 to €1450 + 10% VAT, depending on type of room. Considering that even many dates over the next couple months offer single-night prices above €300, this is a great deal. Below is the link as well as details they sent me.

https://cottonhouselongstay.com/en

It is a temporary rental of minimum 1 month and limit July 31st 2021.

Monthly price of rooms:
  • Panamá Room: 950€+10%VAT
  • Madras Room: 1.150€+10%VAT (Very limited number of rooms)
  • Cotton Room: 1.300€+10%VAT
  • Egyptian Room: 1.450€+10%VAT
Our website shows all details concerning the different room categories: https://www.hotelcottonhouse.com/en/rooms-and-suites
Included services:

Breakfast included for 1 person.

Basic Laundry service (Not dry cleaning) - 1 weekly laundry bag

1 Housekeeping Weekly service

Wifi

Gym (booking upon request) / Access to the swimming pool
renila and pazza2000 like this.
Old May 3, 2021, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by spainlover
In case anybody is interested (and allowed to travel to Spain), the Cotton House is offering month-long stays at a fabulous rate through July 31st (I confirmed this week). For a month, the price ranges from €950 to €1450 + 10% VAT, depending on type of room. Considering that even many dates over the next couple months offer single-night prices above €300, this is a great deal. Below is the link as well as details they sent me.

https://cottonhouselongstay.com/en

It is a temporary rental of minimum 1 month and limit July 31st 2021.

Monthly price of rooms:
  • Panamá Room: 950€+10%VAT
  • Madras Room: 1.150€+10%VAT (Very limited number of rooms)
  • Cotton Room: 1.300€+10%VAT
  • Egyptian Room: 1.450€+10%VAT
Our website shows all details concerning the different room categories: https://www.hotelcottonhouse.com/en/rooms-and-suites
Included services:

Breakfast included for 1 person.

Basic Laundry service (Not dry cleaning) - 1 weekly laundry bag

1 Housekeeping Weekly service

Wifi

Gym (booking upon request) / Access to the swimming pool
Interesting concept certainly! Does it include elite benefits and eligible for stay credit?
Old May 3, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Interesting concept certainly! Does it include elite benefits and eligible for stay credit?
I don’t know that it does at that price as it’s not available for booking that via Marriott site/app (and prices per night that show up via Marriott are ~€300/night). But doesn’t hurt to email them and ask!
Old Aug 14, 2021, 10:19 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Any recent stays? What's the breakfast like? How is the elite treatment? Considering a stay here this month vs a return to the Barcelona EDITION.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 10:00 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
The breakfast buffet is one of the best I have had at a Marriott property. You can also order off of the menu for a very nominal charge, 5 Euros I believe. We were upgraded to a larger room without asking, not a suite. A wonderful hotel that I would definitely return to.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 3:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Anyone have an email address for this hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.