Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Cotton House, Autograph Collection - Barcelona Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 2, 2016, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
"Nice little touch in the room was a Nespresso coffee machine with three complimentary pods of coffee, replenished daily. Extra pods were 3 Euro so take extra from home to save a little."

Email addresses for this property (per posts 91 and 92) (click the link to send email):

[email protected]

[email protected]
Print Wikipost

The Cotton House, Autograph Collection - Barcelona Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
Originally Posted by timetosave
Any thoughts on this property vs the Renaissance downtown? They look a few blocks away from each other.
I've stayed at both and very much enjoyed both stays. The Renaissance is a bit closer to the "action" but not by much. The Cotton House is much more unique and maybe a bit more upscale feel and the Renaissance is more modern feeling. I liked both and would stay at either again.
Old May 5, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: MR Platinum, Aer Lingus GC, BA Bronze, Turkish Classic Plus
Just back from a long weekend in Barcelona and stayed at the Cotton House. We really liked it and both agreed it was one of the nicest Marriott's we'd stayed at in a while.

We arrived around midnight on Friday night and were allocated a room on the top floor with a balcony overlooking the courtyard. The room had a king bed, a shower/bath wet room and a separate toilet with the sink in the hallway between the wardrobes. There were really nice touches like a Nespresso machine, a good vanity kit and robes (no slippers).

We were offered 500 points or a continental breakfast and opted for the breakfast. It was really good with a nice selection and a fab pastry table.

The decor was lovely, the pool on the 6th floor terrace was small but a great place to relax and the views were nice. Staff were helpful. We were offered a complementary late checkout to 1:30pm or it was 50 euro to 3pm (it's been a while since I stayed in Europe so not sure if this is a good arrangement)

Two little negatives - our friends came over for a pre dinner drink and it took 45 minutes to get a glass of wine and there was no valet parking arrangement although it said it on the website.

Parking: we rented a car at the airport and it was free on the street outside on Friday night and Sunday evening/night. On Sat night we parked in an underground car park 2 mins away and it was 49euro but really convenient.

Overall a great stay and would love to return.
Old May 5, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by ellie_nz
Just back from a long weekend in Barcelona and stayed at the Cotton House. We really liked it and both agreed it was one of the nicest Marriott's we'd stayed at in a while.

Overall a great stay and would love to return.
Thanks for the review we are going to be there in October for a long weekend. Really looks like a nice property
Old May 7, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
I read on TA that this hotel has an open bathroom concept. I will be staying with my mom and we really appreciate some privacy when showering, etc. Does the bathroom have a door that can be closed completely shut from the rest of the room?
Old May 7, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
I read on TA that this hotel has an open bathroom concept. I will be staying with my mom and we really appreciate some privacy when showering, etc. Does the bathroom have a door that can be closed completely shut from the rest of the room?
My room had a separate shower/bath area and also separate toilet area, both with doors and then another sliding door that separated those areas from the bedroom area. I'm sure each room can vary though. I would recommend you just calling the hotel or emailing them with the situation.
Old May 7, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by s0479
My room had a separate shower/bath area and also separate toilet area, both with doors and then another sliding door that separated those areas from the bedroom area. I'm sure each room can vary though. I would recommend you just calling the hotel or emailing them with the situation.
Thank you for the information. It's sounds like it will be OK.
Old May 7, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott: Titanium
I just stayed at the Cotton House for 3 nights. Later in the week I stayed at the Renaissance downtown. Wow, what a difference.

As a Platinum, I received complimentary breakfast and the arrival gift was a drink at the bar. Service was exceptional.

My room was very nice with a King size bed, balcony overlooking courtyard, and separate waterfall shower/tub room from the toilet. Balcony overlooked outside lounge area which was pretty chill.
The complimentary breakfast I received was "continental" but wow was it good. Fresh bottled premium juice as well as amazing selection of pastries and meats. There was also fruit, cheese, tortillas, etc. Not once did I have a craving for the extra hot stuff.

I was also interested in trying out the Renaissance so did for this trip as well. In retrospect I should have stayed at the Cotton House.

I will compare the two below:

Room:
- My room was much larger at the Cotton House (maybe I received a better upgrade?) and just much nicer overall.

Bed:
- King at the Cotton House. Queen at the Renaissance

Complimentary Breakfast for Plat:
- Continental at Cotton House vs full at the Renaissance (I preferred the Cotton House breakfast though)

Arrival gift:
- drink at the bar at Cotton House vs standard selection (wine/cheese for me) at the Renaissance

- I think they both have great central locations.

Hope this helps.
Old May 8, 2015, 6:06 am

Programs: MR Platinum, Aer Lingus GC, BA Bronze, Turkish Classic Plus
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
They are separate rooms with doors ChinaShrek, probably more convenient when sharing as shower, sink and toilet are separate. At least in my romm anyway.
Old May 10, 2015, 5:46 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Currently booked at Hotel Arts in a club room for christmas (1800 Euros). Thinking about changing to cotton house (using points), though, based on the location and great reviews. Anyone been to both properties and can provide a fair comparison? (I know the money factor isn't apples to apples, so disregard the prices) Thanks so much!
Old May 13, 2015, 11:48 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Checking in on Saturday for a 4 night stay. Upgrade to an "Egyptian" room. Will report back.
Old May 16, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
I stayed here in April. This was my first Autograph Collection hotel and I was quite curious. I think the room is fairly normal (although I like the cotton in the bathroom!) but the architecture and design of the building itself is definitely interesting. Do take the stairs at least once.

Staff was very friendly.

I was offered 800 points per day for not having breakfast, which I took since they said it's continential breakfast only. Based on recent reports, it sounds like breakfast is worth it though.

Overall a great stay. One downside for me was that the chair looked nice but wasn't very good for working on my laptop. (The web site said there'd be an ergonomic chair but it's not.)
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by lucycan
Checking in on Saturday for a 4 night stay. Upgrade to an "Egyptian" room. Will report back.
Any update? I'm considering to upgrade to the "Egyptian" room since rooms in this hotel seem more petite than others.

Thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by geewhy
Any update? I'm considering to upgrade to the "Egyptian" room since rooms in this hotel seem more petite than others.

Thanks!
We enjoyed our stay very much. There was some initial confusion because they had upgraded us to a suite which was on the restaurant level and next to the public restrooms. I had called in advance to say we did not want the first level. They were able to accommodate us in a smaller room on a high floor which met our needs. The breakfast spread is amazing and being a small hotel it never felt crowded. The location is perfect, at least for a tourist.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
I'll be in Barcelona later this month. Cotton House is ~USD$20 less than Hotel Arts. Hotel Arts is rated higher on Trip Advisor but I'm wondering which will be better for my wife and I to enjoy the hotel as well as Barcelona in general. Having some good service and amenities goes a long way with my wife's enjoyment of trips. Since $20/night is minimal, which would be better and has better benefits for a Gold (Sadly I dropped from Platinum last year)?
Old Jan 12, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
The Cotton House, Autograph Collection - Barcelona Spain

I believe Hotel Arts is an RC, so no real benefits. It is also located away from the cultural center. So, seems like an easy decision to try Cotton House.

Rasheed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.