Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Cotton House, Autograph Collection - Barcelona Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 2, 2016, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
"Nice little touch in the room was a Nespresso coffee machine with three complimentary pods of coffee, replenished daily. Extra pods were 3 Euro so take extra from home to save a little."

Email addresses for this property (per posts 91 and 92) (click the link to send email):

[email protected]

[email protected]
Print Wikipost

The Cotton House, Autograph Collection - Barcelona Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Hmmm. Looks like an excellent hotel.

Currently holding two rooms - one award and one paid - for a week in July at the Renaissance Fira. Reports here are that the Renaissance treats elites well...including from a Flyertalker who did a very similar two-room stay with kids involved. That hotel appears to be about 3 miles outside the city center but it sounds like either Metro or taxi is easy enough...

For an extra 60k points plus 300-ish Euro (total) I could switch to Cotton House...two of their basic rooms, and I'm guessing I wouldn't be upgraded all that much if at all. It'll be interesting to see some trip reports start to roll in...especially from people either redeeming awards or booking more than one room.

Leaning towards staying put at the Ren but this place *does* look nice.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
good to see there is a new hotel in BCN! Look forward to some trip reports here
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
With only 80 rooms and 5 suites I doubt very much that upgrades beyond a room category will happen. I'd also like to know if there is a lounge or breakfast will be provided. I have an email into management to ask.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:02 am

Programs: US Airways Gold Preferred, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Gold
In for 2 nights in July before our Honeymoon cruise. The hotel info on website does say it had a concierge lounge which I found interesting with there only being 80 rooms on this property.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
Prices went up!

I'm booked there for one night in March and have been tracking prices, they just took a bit of a jump over night!
Old Mar 2, 2015, 4:20 am

No concierge lounge confirmed. Plats will be offered breakfast. Only 1 review on TA so far. I look forward to more there or here!
Old Mar 18, 2015, 2:04 pm

7 good reviews on TA now. I was able to snag a corporate rate of $135 Euro and get upgraded to one of the larger corner rooms!
Old Mar 20, 2015, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by lucycan
7 good reviews on TA now. I was able to snag a corporate rate of $135 Euro and get upgraded to one of the larger corner rooms!
Lucy, please do a trip report after your stay. Also, if you can report on what they do for brekkie so I can update the exec lounge sticky, that would be great. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
Great Stay

Originally Posted by s0479
I'm booked there for one night in March and have been tracking prices, they just took a bit of a jump over night!
My daughter and I stayed there a couple days ago. It was a great stay. We got there pretty early and the room wasn't ready. We were getting ready to go on a food tour so they stored our luggage and gave us tea/coffee while we waited to leave for our tour. Staff was extremely friendly. We got back about 15 minutes before check in time. Room still not ready so we waited in the lounge for about 10 minute, they offered us something but we were stuffed! Room was very nice, had a view of the Sagrada Familia. Good size, very tastefully decorated, comfortable bed and large shower/bath (think we got an upgraded room). The room was very quiet even though on a busy road, we like the city view :-). The breakfast was very good, a lot of variety. The staff was wonderful. Wish we could have stayed longer!! Any questions let me know!

Last edited by s0479; Apr 10, 2015 at 9:28 am
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold; WN A-List Pref., CP; Marriott Plat.
Thanks for the report - I am heading there in about 10 days. Looking forward to my stay even more now!
Old Apr 9, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM. SPG Platinum. Hyatt Diamond. National Exec. Southwest A+ & CP.
Anyone stay here recently? I'm about to book 2 nights here with points but would like feedback.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by canon5dfan
Anyone stay here recently? I'm about to book 2 nights here with points but would like feedback.
Read the post 2 above yours which was 2-1/2 weeks ago.

Cheers.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: MR Platinum, Aer Lingus GC, BA Bronze, Turkish Classic Plus
Has anyone had a car when staying here? It say 50 euro valet but offsite parking is two mins away - wondering what price we could expect.

Thanks
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: AA Gold; WN A-List Pref., CP; Marriott Plat.
We just returned from our stay at the Cotton House as a Platinum. Breakfast was included and very good, no lounge. Amenity offered was a brownie and two bottles of water (took the points). Upgraded to a room with a patio overlooking the courtyard and city. Very nice.

Excellent location for walking in the city (and convenient to several Metro stations). We did not have a car so I can't answer regarding parking.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott: Titanium
Any thoughts on this property vs the Renaissance downtown? They look a few blocks away from each other.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.