Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing [Master Thread]

Old Sep 2, 14, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Just noticed on Marriott's website this property opened yesterday. 2nd Renaissance in Beijing.

Cat 4. Exec lounge open daily; lounge faces Forbidden City.

"The stylish new hotel overlooks the famed Forbidden City on historic Wangfujing Street Wangfujing Street has been a center of activity for thousands of years and the pedestrian pathway remains popular to this day with visitors and locals. As one of China’s longest pedestrian streets as well as a heritage site, it is an iconic symbol of Beijing and a “must-see” attraction when visiting the capital city. The new hotel blends history with ultra-modern design in the hotel’s distinctive two-sided building, with one side facing the Forbidden City and the other side facing Wangfujing Street, paying homage to the ancient and modern themes."

Opening pricing promo:

"In celebration of its opening, Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing is offering an introductory special for RMB 980++ a night deluxe accommodation. Buffet breakfast for just an extra RMB 1 – and half price breakfast for the second guest. The offer is valid through December 31, 2014."

Cheers.
Old Sep 2, 14, 2:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Thank you so much for posting. I have a trip next spring break with the family to HKG & PEK... the 3 nights in PEK will work pretty well here. Using Cat 1-4 certificate will work well and with the lounge, we'll have breakfast and snacks taken care of.
Old Sep 2, 14, 3:54 pm
Suspended

Thanks for posting! I have 2 certs about to expire.
Old Sep 3, 14, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Whoever stays there first, please do a trip report in this thread. You're fellow FTers will appreciate it!

Glad I was able to provide the heads up that it's now open

Cheers.
Old Mar 21, 15, 12:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold, AA Gold
Anyone have best suggestions how my friends and I should see Great Wall from this hotel? We will stay at this property, thanks to AA's $450 J mistake fare Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 15, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by washeelers747 View Post
Anyone have best suggestions how my friends and I should see Great Wall from this hotel? We will stay at this property, thanks to AA's $450 J mistake fare Thanks!
You certainly won't be able to see it from the hotel because even the closest sections are ~40 miles away, but taxis and car services aren't so expensive.

@OP: This the THIRD Ren in Beijing.
Old Mar 21, 15, 3:02 am

Sorry if my previous message make it sound like I'm wondering if we can see GW from hotel.. Given hotel/GW distance and PEK's pollution, knew I don't have any chance .
Old Mar 21, 15, 6:51 am

Programs: AA EXEC PLT 2 MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXPL, Accor SLV, BW DIA, IHG PLT, UA GLD
The Navigator Jefferson (transportation concierge) can also sell you a tour to the Wall.

Last edited by fmkgb; Mar 21, 15 at 7:03 am
Old Mar 21, 15, 7:18 am

Programs: IHG RA, MR Plat, AA EXP
I used Marks Guide from Tripadvisor when I stayed at this hotel. mark520bj at hotmail com I used the English driver but no guide. Definitely take the Toboggan down the mountain. I would also suggest that you wait to schedule until you are there and know which day will be a low pollution day so that visibility will be higher.

"We can provide The private Mutianyu Wall tour for three different options4 seats, 2010 Model) in 8 hours, extra 60 RMB per hour

1. 600 RMB with Mandarin Speaking Driver,
2. 700 RMB with English Speaking Driver,
3. 1200 RMB with an English Speaking Guide and a Driver with car.
The driver/guide will pick you up in your hotel lobby.

All of the above includes the driver's salary, gas, highway tolls and parking fee. Drinking water will be supplied for free, but entrance fees, meals, other refreshments and gratuities are not included. I can also supply, for free, a local cell phone so that you can keep in contact with us whilst you are under our services.

For your information the Mutianyu Wall entrance fee is 60 RMB P/P, child price is 45 RMB P/P.
The cable car and Toboggan return ticket is 100 RMB P/P. There are other ways to get down, but this is usually the most popular.

It is about 90 minutes (80 KMs) from downtown Beijing to the Mutianyu entrance of the Great Wall, so it is best that we leave either at 7:30 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. to avoid the rush hour traffic jam; which would be your preference?
Old Mar 21, 15, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

600 is a decent price for mutianyu, assuming the car is nice.
satman40 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 15, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I like the location of this hotel for most things Beijing, but getting out of the city to the Great Wall or even the Summer Palace is more difficult when staying inside the inner loop.

When I stayed in November there was a lovely weekend dim sum offer at Wan Li, is that still around and doable as a walk in guest?

I wonder if MR is shocked by how quickly the tier 3 bookings for Beijing are flooding in after the rate changes.
Old Mar 21, 15, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by texontour View Post
I used Marks Guide from Tripadvisor when I stayed at this hotel. mark520bj at hotmail com I used the English driver but no guide. Definitely take the Toboggan down the mountain. I would also suggest that you wait to schedule until you are there and know which day will be a low pollution day so that visibility will be higher.

"We can provide The private Mutianyu Wall tour for three different options4 seats, 2010 Model) in 8 hours, extra 60 RMB per hour

1. 600 RMB with Mandarin Speaking Driver,
2. 700 RMB with English Speaking Driver,
3. 1200 RMB with an English Speaking Guide and a Driver with car.
The driver/guide will pick you up in your hotel lobby.

All of the above includes the driver's salary, gas, highway tolls and parking fee. Drinking water will be supplied for free, but entrance fees, meals, other refreshments and gratuities are not included. I can also supply, for free, a local cell phone so that you can keep in contact with us whilst you are under our services.

For your information the Mutianyu Wall entrance fee is 60 RMB P/P, child price is 45 RMB P/P.
The cable car and Toboggan return ticket is 100 RMB P/P. There are other ways to get down, but this is usually the most popular.

It is about 90 minutes (80 KMs) from downtown Beijing to the Mutianyu entrance of the Great Wall, so it is best that we leave either at 7:30 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. to avoid the rush hour traffic jam; which would be your preference?
Want to thank you for sharing your experience. Friends and I am looking hard into this, because price sound reasonable with 4 persons, and much convenient than dealing with subway/train/bus to see GW.
Old Mar 21, 15, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Want to thank you for sharing your experience. Friends and I am looking hard into this, because price sound reasonable with 4 persons, and much convenient than dealing with subway/train/bus to see GW.
The train to badaling is actually really convenient. While badaling is more crowded and also more disneyfied than mutianyu, it's not so bad on weekday afternoons.
Old Mar 22, 15, 2:46 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
The train to badaling is actually really convenient. While badaling is more crowded and also more disneyfied than mutianyu, it's not so bad on weekday afternoons.
Stayed here last weekend. Great hotel and lounge pretty good however food quality/selection was clearly geared to Asian business travelers not westerners.

Location is good about a 8 minute walk to Line 5/6 subway. We transfered on that to Summer Palace, Temple of Heaven and Zoo. Very convenient.

We had a 2 Double bed room on 17th floor (concierge level). Nice modern room, adequate space for 2 adults, 2 kids.

Outside of great wall do not need a guide as its easy to get everywhere. From hotel is 8-10 minute walk to major shopping mall as well ad Wangfujing night food market.

For airport transfer from hotel we grabbed two taxis (4 people and 6 bags) to the nearest Airport Express station. That took 10 mins and cut out uncertainty of traffic.
Old Mar 22, 15, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by imapilotaz View Post

For airport transfer from hotel we grabbed two taxis (4 people and 6 bags) to the nearest Airport Express station. That took 10 mins and cut out uncertainty of traffic.
In that same 10 minutes, you probably could have made it most of the way to 4th Ring by heading east on Chang'an Jie. After that, traffic isn't much of an issue.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: