Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2019, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Points of course! Unless you are going for St Regis, Rosewood or something, don’t even spend over $300 per night on a hotel in Beijing!

As a point of comparison, I’m staying at the St Regis Beijing in November for about $250 (incl. tax) per night and got pre-upgraded to a nice suite two months ahead of the stay. It’s gonna be my first time staying at the hotel too.
The St Regis from what I read isn't all that impressive, on out next trip to Beijing we will stay at Wangfurjing, our stay there was incredible the lounge was one of the best we have had,
Old Oct 26, 2019, 10:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
The St Regis from what I read isn't all that impressive, on out next trip to Beijing we will stay at Wangfurjing, our stay there was incredible the lounge was one of the best we have had,
The St. Regis may or may not be overrated, but it is considerably nicer than the Ren Wangfujing IMO. I also prefer the area, especially Ritan Park, to Wangfujing.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 1:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can pay a cash supplement at check-in to get a club level room. 25k is a good rate for a normal room. You don't see much of the forbidden city from your Room. The killer view is from the club lounge.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by FlightNurse

Not sure what you read, but I can ensure you St Regis is miles better than Ren Wangfujing. You need to go with the location you want and that’s fine, but if you ever feel like a change of scenery, try the St Regis and then you will know.
moondog likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
Points of course! Unless you are going for St Regis, Rosewood or something, don’t even spend over $300 per night on a hotel in Beijing!

As a point of comparison, I’m staying at the St Regis Beijing in November for about $250 (incl. tax) per night and got pre-upgraded to a nice suite two months ahead of the stay. It’s gonna be my first time staying at the hotel too.
Since our stay is not until April would love to hear your thoughts of Regis. Virtuoso has a pretty sweet deal there with a bunch of perks thrown in...
Old Oct 27, 2019, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Desirees
Since our stay is not until April would love to hear your thoughts of Regis. Virtuoso has a pretty sweet deal there with a bunch of perks thrown in...

Will report back! so surprised when they upgraded me to St Regis two months before my check in date
Old Oct 27, 2019, 4:10 pm

Will report back! so surprised when they upgraded me to St Regis two months before my check in date
Did you book at St Regis through Virtuoso or through the website?
Old Oct 27, 2019, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Desirees
Did you book at St Regis through Virtuoso or through the website?
Marriott app. They will also honour Virtuoso upgrade obviously.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 5:00 pm

[QUOTE=theOtherHolmes;31672088]Marriott app. They will also honour Virtuoso upgrade -

I didn’t know you can get virtuoso benefits if booking via Mario tt app...
Old Oct 27, 2019, 5:03 pm

[QUOTE=Desirees;31672187]
Marriott app. They will also honour Virtuoso upgrade -

I didn’t know you can get virtuoso benefits if booking via Mario tt app...
I typed in a rush— I didn’t book Virtuoso, I booked regular member rate. I thought I booked under STAR (which is identical to Virtuoso) but I got it mixed up with St Regis Zhuhai... both upgraded me way ahead of checking in. St Regis Beijing I booked under regular rate. But if you book via Virtuoso you will also get upgraded (not sure which suite though).
Old Nov 15, 2019, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
You can pay a cash supplement at check-in to get a club level room. 25k is a good rate for a normal room. You don't see much of the forbidden city from your Room. The killer view is from the club lounge.
Can you advise how much is the cash supplement? Thx
Old Nov 17, 2019, 3:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by worldrally
Can you advise how much is the cash supplement? Thx
The desk hat a laminated sheet at checkin, I think it was 300 or 500 RMB... why not ask the hotel? (email ID in post #38 ).
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The desk hat a laminated sheet at checkin, I think it was 300 or 500 RMB... why not ask the hotel? (email ID in post #38 ).
Will do so. Thanks
Old Nov 28, 2019, 3:21 am

Just had a few day stay at the Renaissance Wangfujing.
Location is at the north end of the Wangfujing pedestrian street just a couple buildings down from the Crowne Plaza Wangfujing.

Checkin was directed to the 17th floor lounge but I was too lazy and said checking in on the first floor is just fine. Upgraded to a Premier Forbidden City View room on the club floor. No suites available a per inquiry nor did I check online.

Rooms are slightly ok the small side maybe due to the ceiling lower than what I was expecting. Standard stuff but the bathroom is gigantic with soaking tub and view out to the forbidden city if not foggy.

Club lounge on the 17th floor is oddly shaped due to the curvature of the building. Breakfast and happy hour is standard and not over the top.

Breakfast can also be had on the ground floor. Bigger selection but not exactly memorable. Lots of local selections and limited western offerings. Normally I like local selections but not exactly my taste this trip.

Enjoyed two dinners at the Cantonese restaurant on the 2nd floor. Good food but slow service and a little bit pricey. The first floor offered an atypical buffet of hotpot the whole week that I didn’t partake.

Gym on the 6th (or some middle floor) was small but sufficient. Can feel crowded after a handful of people in there. Basement pool area is nice with a large lappable pool and a jacuzzi.

Walking distance to lots of (local) restaurants and food halls along the Wangfujing Pedestrian street. There is a Cheesecake Factory on this street which offered similar American menu.

Overall a standard experience. Not exactly good, but not especially bad.

Lounge sheet below for those that are interested.

YariGuy likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 10:16 pm

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
I stayed here last week. Booked a suite with (75,000) points for 2 nights. Because was traveling with family and didn't want to play suite roulette, especially given how few suites there are (by my reckoning there may only be one per floor, the "03" room.

But as it turns out my brother who booked a basic room, got an upgrade confirmed 5 days before check-in using SNA instruments. We ended up with the identical suite.

The suite itself is fine, if not a bit odd. The bathroom is attached to the bedroom, however there's no toilet. The toilet is in the hallway between the bedroom and the living area.

The other reviews above still hold, though one modification is that if you eat breakfast downstairs, you just swipe your card now instead of signing a bill / providing your room number.

Also, I will also point out I had a serious issue with the service, mostly occurring at check-in. Each incident in itself was minor, but added together it made this platinum plenty angry.
  1. checking in at 3pm, was told no room available.
  2. front-desk clerk told me it might be 5pm or later, and suggested I wait at the lounge
  3. I said no way, and only then did she give us a regular room to use before our suite was ready. Said she'd call when the room's ready
  4. By 5:30 there was no call so I wanted to go to lounge to check
  5. Card didn't work for lounge level, so went down to front desk
  6. Saw same check-in staff. Asked why room's not ready, she said it was, but she forgot to call me. (The room she gave me was on the 8th floor. My brother, who checked in after me, got 1103)
  7. Card didn't work in elevator (2nd time)
  8. Replacement card didn't work again (3rd time)
  9. By the 4th time I was pissed - her colleague finally suggested she walk with me to the elevator to make sure the card works (which it finally did)
During my stay I was waiting for someone to at least reach out to talk about this, but nothing. 2 days after check-out finally got a call from the assistant front-desk manager. Offered apology and added me on wechat. Told me the staff I dealt with was either a trainee or an intern.

The service attitude from the executive lounge staff was much better*, so I suggest any elites who can do so utilize that as much as possible.

Finally, the Chinese restaurant was quite good, including the Peking duck.

*though not without issue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.