Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 11:28 am

Does this hotel offer complimentary breakfast buffet for Plat members?

How is the buffet?

-j
Old May 6, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
I've heard bfast is served in the lounge, which Plat members would obviously have access to. I'll be staying there in a little over a week.
Old May 6, 2015, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n
I've heard bfast is served in the lounge, which Plat members would obviously have access to. I'll be staying there in a little over a week.
I'd like to have access to both with a preference for the restaurant over the lounge. Can you please check on Plat access to the buffet in the restaurant during your stay?

Thanks!

-j
Old May 6, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
As a platinum, I stayed there in March and had a choice of the buffet in the restaurant or the exec lounge. Restaurant was quite extensive including a noodle bar, waffle bar, Japanese salads and fresh fruit or veggie smoothies made to order. Everything was great except the Beijing pollution.
Old May 6, 2015, 8:02 pm

Thanks fmkgb!

This sounds exactly like what we are looking for.

How did you like the public transportation options near this hotel?

Any non-tourist restaurants in the area for dinner or late-night snacks?

-jeremy
Old May 6, 2015, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Closest metro is about a 15 min walk. Taxis are pretty cheap in Beijing so that was our mode. Lots around to walk to. Sorry, but didn't try any restaurants except the Chinese restaurant in the hotel which was very good but pricey.
Old May 7, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by fmkgb
As a platinum, I stayed there in March and had a choice of the buffet in the restaurant or the exec lounge. Restaurant was quite extensive including a noodle bar, waffle bar, Japanese salads and fresh fruit or veggie smoothies made to order. Everything was great except the Beijing pollution.
Good to know. For the restaurant buffet, do you just charge it to the room and the charge will get removed at checkout based on status?
Old May 7, 2015, 7:50 pm

Signed a receipt and I never saw the charge.
Old May 8, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Just stayed at this hotel. Have zero Marriott status but booked a Suite Dreams promo rate of 850 CNY per night which included club access. Enjoyed my stay at this property. Pretty good location, brand new hotel, and loved the decor. Only negative thing was that the chef in the club lounge that makes the eggs wouldn't acknowledge my presence or greet me, but she did for other guests who were Westerners.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 6:42 am

Hey guys
How is the platinum suite upgrades at this property?

Staying 2 nights on redemption in Dec and have emailed them for suite top up cost but would be good to hear from here as well

Thanks
Old Nov 13, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, IHG Platinum, National Executive
Staying here next week. New platinum member with Marriott -- still learning about all the benefits.

Anyone have any recommendations for the hotel or nearby in the area for our stay? We love trying hole in the wall places. Never been to Beijing before either...
Old Nov 13, 2016, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by blackavar
Staying here next week. New platinum member with Marriott -- still learning about all the benefits.

Anyone have any recommendations for the hotel or nearby in the area for our stay? We love trying hole in the wall places. Never been to Beijing before either...
The hotel is very good, location great, room service very good. The concierge speaks good gibberish with a little bit of English sprinkled on it, and he booked me a local rundown taxi to the Mutianyu Great Wall for 800 cny with a Mandarin speaking driver. The lounge I recall is ok, and you will hear stories of other tourists getting on rickshaws and being taken in alleys and robbed (avoid). There are a lot of street vendors a few blocks from the hotel, where you can enjoy fried scorpions on a stick...
Take a taxi from the airport, they are very cheap and safe, 130cny ($20), but from the official ranks, NOT from solicitors. Have the address of the hotel written in Chinese on a paper or on your phone.
Western tourists downtown are less than 1% of the crowd, and you will stand out for sure. Women will be chasing you around wanting to "practice their English" (run...) and will be approached by various characters offering you rides, wanting to sell their art, offering to be your tour guide, tea ceremonies, etc...Pretty much anyone approaching you have a scam to run, lol (they have to make a living). It is a great experience though, you will love it, and hopefully not too cold.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 12:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nk15
The hotel is very good, location great, room service very good. The concierge speaks good gibberish with a little bit of English sprinkled on it, and he booked me a local rundown taxi to the Mutianyu Great Wall for 800 cny with a Mandarin speaking driver. The lounge I recall is ok, and you will hear stories of other tourists getting on rickshaws and being taken in alleys and robbed (avoid). There are a lot of street vendors a few blocks from the hotel, where you can enjoy fried scorpions on a stick...
Take a taxi from the airport, they are very cheap and safe, 130cny ($20), but from the official ranks, NOT from solicitors. Have the address of the hotel written in Chinese on a paper or on your phone.
Western tourists downtown are less than 1% of the crowd, and you will stand out for sure. Women will be chasing you around wanting to "practice their English" (run...) and will be approached by various characters offering you rides, wanting to sell their art, offering to be your tour guide, tea ceremonies, etc...Pretty much anyone approaching you have a scam to run, lol (they have to make a living). It is a great experience though, you will love it, and hopefully not too cold.
I applaud the flavor/excitement of your post, but ~7 (by my count) derogatory comments about a country that you presumably visited for the very first time???

@Others: Beijing is insanely cool, and don't worry about art sellers or tour guides approaching you if you are semi(+) cool.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by moondog
I applaud the flavor/excitement of your post, but ~7 (by my count) derogatory comments about a country that you presumably visited for the very first time???

@Others: Beijing is insanely cool, and don't worry about art sellers or tour guides approaching you if you are semi(+) cool.
Yes, it is indeed very cool, yes my first time, just be aware of some possible scams, some may not be, but they fitted what I read in the guidebooks about local scams, and some I experienced, so beware. All in all pretty safe and cool, as I said, just be cautious, as in any new country.

The people approaching you is common in many countries. But I am not talking about art street vendors talking to you, I am talking about random guy coming out of the crowd following you in a busy street, start talking to you as a friend and two minutes in wanted to take you to his art studio in a different part of the town to sell you art. Still ok and harmless, but interesting...Few experiences like that and some more intense, like random cars with 2-3 guys in stopping next to me asking if I wanted a ride, women literally chasing me down the street with unknown intents, lol, etc., I probably looked like a tourist.

Last edited by nk15; Nov 14, 2016 at 4:30 am
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by blackavar
Please do a trip report after your stay at the property. It's always nice to have updates on properties. Thx!

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.