Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Nusa Dua, Bali [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz Carlton Nusa Dua, Bali [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2018, 5:25 am

Received updated pricing to upgrade from the base suite...here is what I was sent:

Kindly find below rate that has been adjusted for your perusal.Additional Room upgrade Rate
SUITE

The Sawangan Lagoon Access Junior Suite (100 sqm)
IDR 750,000
The Ritz-Carlton Lagoon Access Suite (128,17 sqm)
IDR 3,050,000
VILLA

The Pool Pavillion (110 sqm)
IDR 3,500,000
The Garden Villa (359,37 sqm)
IDR 6,500,000
The Cliff Villa (One Bed Room) (280,5 sqm)
IDR 7,300,000
The Sky Villa (One Bed Room) (131 sqm)
IDR 11,500,000

all the above rates are subject to 21% tax and service charge per room per night.

Would love everyone's thoughts...I am thinking about upgrading for 3 nights...and hope they just leave me there (on a 7nt stay)

These prices are about 30% less than the original quotes to upgrade I was sent. The total per day is just over the difference in price between the base junior suite i am currently booked in on points, and the price of the corresponding room during my stay. I also thought about counter offering a slightly lower price on the room I end up choosing.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:50 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by jsteinberg
Received updated pricing to upgrade from the base suite...here is what I was sent:

Kindly find below rate that has been adjusted for your perusal.Additional Room upgrade Rate
SUITE

The Sawangan Lagoon Access Junior Suite (100 sqm)
IDR 750,000
The Ritz-Carlton Lagoon Access Suite (128,17 sqm)
IDR 3,050,000
VILLA

The Pool Pavillion (110 sqm)
IDR 3,500,000
The Garden Villa (359,37 sqm)
IDR 6,500,000
The Cliff Villa (One Bed Room) (280,5 sqm)
IDR 7,300,000
The Sky Villa (One Bed Room) (131 sqm)
IDR 11,500,000

all the above rates are subject to 21% tax and service charge per room per night.

Would love everyone's thoughts...I am thinking about upgrading for 3 nights...and hope they just leave me there (on a 7nt stay)

These prices are about 30% less than the original quotes to upgrade I was sent. The total per day is just over the difference in price between the base junior suite i am currently booked in on points, and the price of the corresponding room during my stay. I also thought about counter offering a slightly lower price on the room I end up choosing.
Wow almost 800.00 a night extra for Sky Villa...??
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by m0hamed
The Club is definitely worth it IMHO. The food and beverage is so generous that it's enormous value. You have the option to try it for a day and see.

This doesn't strike me as a resort where people awake early to reserve sunbeds. It doesn't attract that clientele. As I said, most people sit by the beach. There is an army of staff by the pool and beach who when you arrive will assist you.
Club is totally worth it.

Now I think since earlier this year price has increased almost 50%, which is a ton.

When we went back in February, we paid around $60 USD per person ( around $80 CAD ), as Gold/PLatinum members would get a discount.

Now, I just spoke with someone staying there, who told me access is costing them $120 CAD ( around $90 USD ). Multiple that by 5, 2 people, it adds up a lot.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:58 pm

Do Gold/Plat still get a discount on the Club?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:13 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Yes but you will have to ask for the old rate... They honored the old rate for me when i stayed there.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Any thought on this hotel vs. W Seminyak?

i’ve stayed at W twice and liked it a lot. But this hotel is cheaper on my date so may give it a try.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:56 pm

Can you use ritz card certs? And if so, what are the benefits? Don't really see a club room here, but does it give you access to the club?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by TravelingRabbit
Can you use ritz card certs? And if so, what are the benefits? Don't really see a club room here, but does it give you access to the club?
Yes, you can use the RC credit card club upgrade certs, and yes, there is a club. It's quite nice.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
RC vs Sofitel Nusa Dua

Dear Forum Friends

I have booked the RC for a stay in late September/ early October - RC suite with club access.

As I have stayed 1,5 years ago in the Sofitel Nusa Dua I am wondering how you would rate this property vs. the Sofitel - I have seen plenty of good reviews on trip advisor, but many of them were contributed by writers with only 1 contribution in bad English - so sounds a bit like fabricated reviews.

I went through the thread and I think feedback is quite positive - just wondering if someone can confirm based on a recent stay?

Generally keen to book the RC to collect points (being Titanium myself and have 0 points with accor).

So far never have been disappointed by RC but still want to double check (as we've enjoyed the Sofitel).

Is it a walkable distance to the other hotels in Nusa Dua? We went around the other properties last time but I think the RC is too far north (given club access I think we'll eat and drink mostly there so think/hope its not required to visit other hotels for dinner). We are looking for a nice beach (we did not enjoy the one around the sofitel so much), a reasonably quiet property and good service.

Any comments/ feedback/ suggestions much appreciated.
Thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive
Hi looking at this for our anniversary next year, we will be using points. I am confused around the club access, do You have to pay even if you are Ambassador? I have never stayed at a RC but other Bonvoy hotels with clubs/ lounges give me free access
Old Apr 20, 2019, 2:50 pm
t1c

Originally Posted by MME2YYZ
Hi looking at this for our anniversary next year, we will be using points. I am confused around the club access, do You have to pay even if you are Ambassador? I have never stayed at a RC but other Bonvoy hotels with clubs/ lounges give me free access
Yes you have to pay unless its included in your room package.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, PC Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by t1c
Yes but you will have to ask for the old rate... They honored the old rate for me when i stayed there.
Did you ask by email or at the hotel?
Old Jun 2, 2019, 9:52 am

Anyone have experience paying for club with a 5 year old kid?

Was booking online using my certs, and they are charging 1.4M IDR or ~$80 per day for the added child, which I thought was totally nuts. I'm marriott Plat, so maybe I should just show up and act dumb?

Thinking about just staying at the Conrad instead, since both my wife and I are diamond (aspire card). Will save $1000 over 2 rooms...
Old Sep 10, 2019, 4:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I just booked this for next month, basic suite. Lets see whether upgrade offers come.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 4:51 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I just booked this for next month, basic suite. Lets see whether upgrade offers come.
Do you have Bonvoy Titanium or Ambassador elite status or are you booking via FHR/Virtuoso? Paid or award booking?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.