FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Ritz Carlton Nusa Dua, Bali [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1605307-ritz-carlton-nusa-dua-bali-master-thread.html)

m0hamed May 3, 2017 6:59 am

For anyone looking to book this Australian based site has some good deals. We've been toying with the idea of Bali for several years and always decide against it. I've looked at the RC and the suites are very expensive and booking direct seems to require prepayment which we never do.

I take all discount deals with a grain of salt but this does look the quoted 54% cheaper if not more than booking direct. Surprised they offer instant confirmation and a range of benefits such as half board and a version of club access (not RC club but drinks at the the bar).

I have not booked through them but people on an Australian based Facebook group have and had excellent results. I asked but they wouldn't quote villas. I am sure you could negotiate a paid upgrade with the hotel directly after booking.

https://luxuryescapes.com/the-ritz-carlton-bali-1?

sammyindc May 3, 2017 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by 2manyredeyes (Post 27976512)
invalyd - Hope you enjoyed your stay at the Ritz Carlton Bali, would love to know where you stayed in Seminyak as well. Seems like that may be a better time based of your experience. Any pictures would be appreciated as well.

As a Ritz /Marriott / SPG platinum I was not impressed by elite recognition when i contacted their concierge. ( They aggressively tried to up sell me rooms with no mention of upgrades at check in and outlined VERY strict platinum breakfast rules )

So at this point I am looking for alternatives, maybe Seminyak, although worried its too much of a party scene or the St.Regis.

I absolutely love the St Regis Bali and I would book that one any day instead of the Ritz. The property is much more authentic and private. We had a lagoon villa and it was absolutely gorgeous with a private pool and butler. The beach is quiet and although the resort was almost full when we stayed we felt like we were the only ones there. I'd highly recommend it over the RC.

Rossello321 May 4, 2017 10:43 am

Originally Posted by sammyindc (Post 28264765)
I absolutely love the St Regis Bali and I would book that one any day instead of the Ritz. The property is much more authentic and private. We had a lagoon villa and it was absolutely gorgeous with a private pool and butler. The beach is quiet and although the resort was almost full when we stayed we felt like we were the only ones there. I'd highly recommend it over the RC.

100% agree here - St. Regis over Ritz, any day of the week.

That said, Bali has SO many killer hotels, it´s one of those places where I´d never limit myself to RC-SPG properties. At some of these rates, you could explore Four Seasons, Aman, Bulgari, etc. (Aman here has such good inclusions, from free food to free tours, you´d almost be a fool to glance over the option!) ;)

daberlin May 15, 2017 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Rossello321 (Post 28267314)

If price point/room level was equivalent, than I'd agree that I'd choose the St. Regis Nusa Dua over the Ritz down the road. However, the rates for a One Bed Villa at the St. Regis Nusa Dua are quite a bit more expensive than the equivalent rate at the Ritz Nusa Dua.

Kagehitokiri May 28, 2017 2:22 pm

paying = make sure to compare other non-point hotels

it does awards unlike RC reserves including ubud bali

when booking 3rd party, follow up with hotel directly

1611 Jun 9, 2017 4:38 pm

^

Originally Posted by Rossello321 (Post 28267314)

That said, Bali has SO many killer hotels, it´s one of those places where I´d never limit myself to RC-SPG properties. At some of these rates, you could explore Four Seasons, Aman, Bulgari, etc. (Aman here has such good inclusions, from free food to free tours, you´d almost be a fool to glance over the option!) ;)

daberlin Jun 26, 2017 5:26 am

Just finished up a stay in the Sky Villa at RC Bali. Amazing stay and wow has the grass grown. Took a private cooking class as well as private Sunrise Yoga on the beachfront. Incredible. The Spa. Wow. Took lots of video and other photos. Will post in a few weeks once we get home.

drmish1 Jun 26, 2017 3:34 pm

Looking forward to seeing your pics / vids as we have a stay coming up in September ^

Originally Posted by daberlin (Post 28487055)
Just finished up a stay in the Sky Villa at RC Bali. Amazing stay and wow has the grass grown. Took a private cooking class as well as private Sunrise Yoga on the beachfront. Incredible. The Spa. Wow. Took lots of video and other photos. Will post in a few weeks once we get home.

jbeans Sep 20, 2017 10:27 am

Hello - any recent experiences at this property? I just booked 2 nights there for a quick stop before spending majority of our trip in Ubud and Manggis. I figured I'd keep my expectations low since the nightly rate is much cheaper than any of the other 5-star properties nearby.

Duke787 Sep 21, 2017 5:54 am

Any recent paid upgrade on a points stay experiences?

Considering this place as part of our honeymoon and the upgrade rates from the property were laughable since every single one was more expensive than just straight up booking the room in question with cash. Which begs the question why bother with points and from reading some other threads maybe why even bother with the RC in the first place if points don't provide any value (which here they almost seem to be providing negative value!).

I'm sure I could try and negotiate but just curious about other experiences and also paid upgrades on the spot.

Prices quoted:

11m++ for Garden Villa
12.3m++ for Cliff Villa
17m++ for Sky Villa

All absurd considering you can book Amankila, Chedi Club, heck even the base rooms at the FS and RC Reserve I think are cheaper than those upgrade offers

pushka Oct 28, 2017 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 28039866)
You mean, other than the trip report 2 weeks ago w/ pics just a couple of posts above? :D

Cheers.

That TR was done 2 years ago but just reposted. Damn you photobucket.

mileageking Oct 28, 2017 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787 (Post 28841655)
Any recent paid upgrade on a points stay experiences?

Considering this place as part of our honeymoon and the upgrade rates from the property were laughable since every single one was more expensive than just straight up booking the room in question with cash. Which begs the question why bother with points and from reading some other threads maybe why even bother with the RC in the first place if points don't provide any value (which here they almost seem to be providing negative value!).

I'm sure I could try and negotiate but just curious about other experiences and also paid upgrades on the spot.

Prices quoted:

11m++ for Garden Villa
12.3m++ for Cliff Villa
17m++ for Sky Villa

All absurd considering you can book Amankila, Chedi Club, heck even the base rooms at the FS and RC Reserve I think are cheaper than those upgrade offers

Did you get paid upgrade rates on points stay?

m0hamed Oct 28, 2017 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by daberlin (Post 28314018)
If price point/room level was equivalent, than I'd agree that I'd choose the St. Regis Nusa Dua over the Ritz down the road. However, the rates for a One Bed Villa at the St. Regis Nusa Dua are quite a bit more expensive than the equivalent rate at the Ritz Nusa Dua.

We've decided to do both.

Cliff Villa at the RC followed by Gardenia Villa at the StR. Looked at the Sky Villa and while it has a great view it's much smaller than the Cliff villa.

We're adding club access at the RC so it represents better value than the StR and the number of rooms doesn't bother us as we'll spend most of the time in our villa and pool, however it does seem a bit odd to not include club access with your highest room types like most hotels.

Interested to compare both properties. We want a villa with a private pool, separate living and bedroom and a view. Looked at Bulgari (rooms are basically studios with the living area outdoors), Amans (which again are studio rooms) and FS and decided these two were our best options.

Duke787 Nov 1, 2017 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by mileageking (Post 28988687)
Did you get paid upgrade rates on points stay?

Yeah those quotes above were what they quoted me as upgrade rates on a points stay. All extremely high IMO, basically equal to or higher than a straight up all cash booking with no points to begin with.

We've got a while to go on this so still deciding whether to go with RC or IC or elsewhere for Nusa Dua after our 4 nights up at Chedi Club.

synd Jun 19, 2018 9:42 pm

currently staying at the RC Nusa Dua, and I have to say while I was upgraded from a junior lagoon suite to a real suite on checking without having any status and this was greatly appreciated and unexpected, the service at this property feels a bit subpar IMO for the price they are charging... Nothing dramatic but lots of little annoyances:
- No turndown service yesterday....
- breakfast this morning ordered Japanese green tea I said "Japanese green please not jasmine" 15 minutes later got brought a cup of English breakfast, another 15 minutes later it was jasmine, and after 45 minutes was able to get my green tea!!!!! this really got under my nerves...
- we get seated on the patio outside at senses for breakfast, to a table that was not made up. the waiter while seating us tells us go help yourself i'll set the table up. of course when we come back nothing was done!
- the small glasses for the juices, takes 3 at least to make the size of a real glass. when you're seating outside real annoying!
- the quality of the offering, while the Indonesian dishes are good, the breads, croissants, salami, milk, juices, are of average/ low quality. I think I had a better quality breakfast at Marriott Marquis BKK than this RC. We are so far from the Kempinski breakfast quality while on the same price range if not more expensive.... (let alone Park Hyatt quality)
- sent 2 emails before check-in requesting club access with payment of course and a few things in the room like 2 1 person duvet in the room instead of just one. Of course never got an answer and none of the things i requested were done. Asked again at checking about the 2 duvet blankets 18 hours later still waiting on it. Something I have never had any problems at any other hotel!
- there is a huge walking closet! but no drawers only hangers. so pretty much all our folded clothes have to stay in the suitcases. GF said a guy designed the room couldn't have been a girl!!!! lol

All in all nothing too major but really starting to get under my skin! while the room is nice, the upgrade appreciated, for this price range won't stay there again. So far from the service at the Club Chedi @ Tanah Gajah!!!!!! and more expensive!!!!!!