Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Bali Seminyak [Master Thread]

Courtyard Bali Seminyak [Master Thread]

Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by bluestrudels
We are planning a stay in Bali too. Alot of Marriott folks recommended the Stones/Autograph, but given the excellent reviews on TA and here, we are keen to give this courtyard a shot..

We also looked into the Conrad, which rates are also really affordable as we are also Diamond with Hilton, but heard they are having construction now and the beach over at the Conrad is non-existent..
I have two nights booked at the conrad. Yea I have heard the beach there is not the selling point. The construction is ongoing but it doesn't seem to be much of a problem since they are doing one wing at a time. Still the only reason I am staying at the conrad is because I have the aspire resort credit I need to burn. I may change my reservation to one night since there is not a whole lot to do over there
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
We stayed here in July 2018 for 2 nights. It's a really lovely property and the staff go above and beyond. The breakfast is insane...the biggest spread I've seen at a hotel. The pool is pretty, as is the modern architecture. I'm gold and we got upgraded to a suite. There is a nice spa around the corner with great prices. I went both days. There's also a shuttle to the beach, which was convenient. On the beach is a small area cordoned off for guests of the hotel (lawn chairs, water, but not much else). I'd definitely stay here again if coming to Seminyak.

Edit: Here's the spa. http://www.spabali.asia/drupadi.php There are plenty of places around that are even cheaper, but this was a good step up. It was clean, the staff were great, the prices were excellent for the level of service/ambiance. Take cash for your tip and hand directly to your attendant, if you go. Courtyard's spa was like 10x more.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; May 1, 2019 at 4:56 pm
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
We stayed here in July 2018 for 2 nights. It's a really lovely property and the staff go above and beyond. The breakfast is insane...the biggest spread I've seen at a hotel. The interior pool is pretty, as is the modern architecture. I'm gold and we got upgraded to a suite. There is a nice spa around the corner with great prices. I went both days. There's also a shuttle to the beach, which was convenient. On the beach is a small area cordoned off for guests of the hotel (lawn chairs, water, but not much else). I'd definitely stay here again if coming to Seminyak.

Edit: Here's the spa. Spa Bali There are plenty of places around that are even cheaper, but this was a good step up. It was clean, the staff were great, the prices were excellent for the level of service/ambiance. Take cash for your tip and hand directly to your attendant, if you go. Courtyard's spa was like 10x more.
Hmm interesting to note you got upgraded as gold. I just got downgraded to gold from plat and was considering cancelling my reservation here, but if they are treating golds well then maybe I will just stick with my reservation.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Red259
Hmm interesting to note you got upgraded as gold. I just got downgraded to gold from plat and was considering cancelling my reservation here, but if they are treating golds well then maybe I will just stick with my reservation.
Ive stayed 5 times as a Gold and got upgraded to a suite 4 of those times. The 5th time they apologized profusely because they were booked solid, but they gave me the best top floor king and a few drink vouchers.
I always get treated better at non-US Marriotts, especially places most Americans dont go,
Im in Egypt now - its like they think Im royalty.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 4:20 pm

I completed a three night stay here. Was upgraded (I don't think it was a suite or not sure what qualifies as a suite at a courtyard) but was on top floor at far end of the pool so good view. Public beach is a few minutes walking which is fine. I didn't swim in the pools but they looked nice. There are some stores/restaurants nearby but the main shopping/restaurant/lounge district is like a 20 minute walk away. They have a free shuttle that will drop you off there until around 8pm. You have to signup so I only used it when it was readily available because sometimes its going to the beach down the road. You have to go through metal detectors and bag scanners each time you enter the property which gets a bit old after awhile. In other countries when I had this with marriotts once they got to know me they waived me through but here I had to stop and empty my pockets and go through it every single time. Had a major problem where I needed to contact my bank and was unable to make international phone calls for like two days because something was wrong with the hotel's phone system. Spoke with the manager and she worked out a solution. The breakfast options offered were easily the best breakfast selection I have had at any hotel or lounge with many choices of food in a buffet style. One night they had fire dancers putting on a show. Was a good stay at this property and its important to not be thrown off by the name courtyard. Its more like a full service property/resort.
Old May 5, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: KF Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Titanium
Planning a 3 nights stay there. As a Marriott Titanium guest, will I get the breakfast as a platinum arrival gift, or just the $10 daily voucher?
Old May 5, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by elephentravels
Planning a 3 nights stay there. As a Marriott Titanium guest, will I get the breakfast as a platinum arrival gift, or just the $10 daily voucher?
I think anyone with gold and up receives the breakfast benefit.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; May 10, 2019 at 11:07 pm
Old May 7, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Red259
...You have to go through metal detectors and bag scanners each time you enter the property which gets a bit old after awhile. In other countries when I had this with marriotts once they got to know me they waived me through but here I had to stop and empty my pockets and go through it every single time.....
What a thing to complain about in this day and age!
Too bad they didn't have this sort of security at the Sri Lanka Shangri-La Hotel.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: AS AA
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis

I think anyone with gold and up receives the breakfast benefit.
Gold here. Checked in last weekend and was told there was a recent change wrt benefits. Gold members no longer receive free breakfast. Instead I was offered a complimentary one for the first morning and discounted rate ($150K RP all included) for the rest of my stay. Given the quality of the breakfast, that price is a no-brainer.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:34 am

I posted in the general thread, but should add it here. I had a stay here in June and enjoyed it thoroughly. I am titanium and staying with my wife and teenage daughter. There is no lounge. We were offered breakfast every day for all three of us. We were greeted by name everywhere we went and met at breakfast multiple times to ask if there was anything they could do for us. We had daily gifts in the rooms, which were a delight. The last day, the manager came to us at breakfast and apologized for not being able to upgrade us to a suite because the hotel was full and provided us with complimentary airport transfer. The service was outstanding. We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast spread, one of the best we've had anywhere. Also we enjoyed the beach area, complete with complimentary water, towels, transport, and wifi. The pool was also very enjoyable. We also enjoyed the taco truck in the front, should say we REALLY enjoyed the taco truck. It was a very good stay.
Stgermainparis and ftrichard like this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 11:47 pm

Breakfast for Platinums?

Has anyone stayed recently to confirm breakfast benefit for platinums? My understanding is that as a resort property that does not have a lounge, they are not entitled to offer free breakfast in the restaurant. Wondering if anyone can confirm.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 4:58 am

Platinums and above receive breakfast in the restaurant and a $10 USD F&B voucher per person per day of stay.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 2:29 pm

Thank you! Looks like a solid property for a cat 4. Think we'll book it next month.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 6:54 am

Just checked in and can confirm that platinums get free breakfast and the $10 f&b credit. Attaching the Platinum Elite welcome card I received at check in. We were also upgraded to a suite. It appears suites are on the ground floor with pool access.
cwang220 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 30k
Just checked in and can confirm that platinums get free breakfast and the $10 f&b credit. Attaching the Platinum Elite welcome card I received at check in. We were also upgraded to a suite. It appears suites are on the ground floor with pool access.
i love that this property has a loyalty manager. another example of asian properties, a courtyard nonetheless, putting marriott htoels everywhere to shame. and 20% discount? if only more properties offered an incentive to stay at the hotel and eat or drink. smart move esp. since f&b is high margin revenue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.