New AC Hotel for Asheville, NC

Old Jul 15, 14, 9:05 am
dw
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC
New AC Hotel for Asheville, NC

A new build AC Hotel will be coming to Asheville, NC... will be right in the heart of downtown:

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/c...hotel/12624217

Earliest opening will be Summer 2016.
Old Feb 8, 18, 12:26 am

Going to be going to Asheville in the next couple of weeks! I am looking to choose between the AC Hotel, The Aloft, The Renaissance, and the Autograph! Anyone have any input? I heard the Renaissance is not to nice!
Old Jul 1, 18, 9:03 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; DL GM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Hertz Prez Circle
Just finished a two night stay at the AC Hotel Asheville. First time with this brand. I would describe it as a limited edition of Edition. Definitely a step above Aloft, with a nice rooftop bar that also served a decent, if somewhat limited, breakfast buffet. The bar gets a lot of traffic in the evenings due to the great views, but this can result in lengthy elevator wait times. Guest floor access required a key code, but anyone can go the bar on the 9th floor. Rooms are minimalist, but everything was good quality. Each floor has a “hydration station” with bagged ice, water dispenser and carafes. Great downtown location. I had a 5th floor room, which I believe is the only floor with balconies. Good stay overall, and definitely preferable to the tired and cramped Renaissance.
Old Jul 1, 18, 10:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jul 1, 18, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Regarding their limited breakfast offerings, this is a good place to mention that they only offer the two Iberian-style hot dishes. However, last time I noticed a fellow managed to obtain an actual omelette from the server. Guess it pays to ask?
Old Jul 1, 18, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; DL GM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger View Post
Regarding their limited breakfast offerings, this is a good place to mention that they only offer the two Iberian-style hot dishes. However, last time I noticed a fellow managed to obtain an actual omelette from the server. Guess it pays to ask?
Yes, that is correct. I was able to get scrambled eggs on demand. I would also add that all the staff encountered were friendly and helpful.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: