FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Canadian Hotels with soaker tubs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1594323-canadian-hotels-soaker-tubs.html)

catarina Jul 14, 2014 4:22 pm

Canadian Hotels with soaker tubs

I stay primarily in Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto & Ottawa. Love Westins and my recent stay at Sheraton Suites Eau Claire Calgary was fantastic. Another favourite is Westin Harbour Castle Toronto - corner rooms.

But ....

Most SPG hotels do not have soaker tubs. Any suggestions?

mendy7511 Jul 14, 2014 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by catarina (Post 23195635)
I stay primarily in Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto & Ottawa. Love Westins and my recent stay at Sheraton Suites Eau Claire Calgary was fantastic. Another favourite is Westin Harbour Castle Toronto - corner rooms.

But ....

You take baths in hotel tubs :eek:?

mahasamatman Jul 14, 2014 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by mendy7511 (Post 23196794)
You take baths in hotel tubs?

Yes, but never alone.

pewpew Jul 15, 2014 6:16 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 23196814)
Yes, but never alone.

:D

I'll admit that in a moment of weakness, I took a bath in a hotel. It had been months since I'd been home, and I hadn't had a proper bath in ages!

Points Surfer Jul 15, 2014 9:56 am

Originally Posted by mendy7511 (Post 23196794)
You take baths in hotel tubs :eek:?

Nothing a Bleach kit won't kill ....might feel like a Dexter moment but hey safety first lol

catarina Jul 17, 2014 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Points Surfer (Post 23199505)
Nothing a Bleach kit won't kill ....might feel like a Dexter moment but hey safety first lol

Only after thoroughly scrubbing it twice. I actually do a full clean of my room when I check in and then decline housekeeping since I don't know what they do with glasses etc.

catarina Jul 17, 2014 9:25 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 23196814)
Yes, but never alone.

To clarify: I am looking for a separate tub, not a tub/shower combo. Those tubs I would never bathe in, even after a bleach soak!

Think of the Hotel Germain tubs filled from the ceiling .... Any SPG hotels with nice spa bathroom like that?

Otherwise I am limited to showers.

mendy7511 Jul 17, 2014 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Points Surfer (Post 23199505)

Yesterday, my little one had a BM in the bathtub and I immediately thought of this thread!

Catweazle Sep 20, 2018 2:22 am

Any updated thoughts on this, being now 2018? I've the same question.

plankton Sep 20, 2018 12:59 pm

The nicest Canadian one that I remember is the massive soaker tub in the W Montreal Fantastic Suite. And whatever/whenever were happy to supply bubble bath and rose petals!

yyznomad Sep 20, 2018 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by catarina (Post 23195635)

But ....

Edited to add after the fact: (and of course, I just realized I responded to the first post of a really antiquated thread :rolleyes: )

You'll probably have to do higher end and somewhere in Europe. :p

I can only think of Europe regarding soaker tubs... Le Meridien Hamburg came to my mind immediately for some of their larger suites, as well as the pre-renovated Sheraton (Grand?) Park Lane. There were others but forgot which properties specifically.

dcstudent Sep 20, 2018 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by Catweazle (Post 30224463)
Any updated thoughts on this, being now 2018? I've the same question.

LOVE the Corner Soak Tub rooms at the Delta Toronto. Take a nice relaxing bath, looking out over the city/Lake. Bathroom has glass walls. Curtains if you want to use them, but I prefer to look out over the city/lake.

somedude3210 Sep 20, 2018 5:14 pm

We got an upgrade to a suite at the Westin Bear Mountain in Victoria a few weeks ago and the suite had a soaker tub. Can't speak for regular rooms as it was a first time stay at the property.

yyznomad Sep 20, 2018 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by somedude3210 (Post 30227430)
We got an upgrade to a suite at the Westin Bear Mountain in Victoria a few weeks ago and the suite had a soaker tub. Can't speak for regular rooms as it was a first time stay at the property.

They have many variety of suites. I've always been upgraded to a suite but I don't think they ever had soaker tubs, IIRC.
Do you remember which building/villa you were in?

MSPeconomist Sep 20, 2018 5:19 pm

I'm pretty sure when I stayed in a suite at the RC Toronto, it had a large separate bathtub and a shower stall.

Is the question about a separate bathtub in every room or the ability to confirm a suite with a nice bathtub?