Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Hotels with soaker tubs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2014, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
Canadian Hotels with soaker tubs

I stay primarily in Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto & Ottawa. Love Westins and my recent stay at Sheraton Suites Eau Claire Calgary was fantastic. Another favourite is Westin Harbour Castle Toronto - corner rooms.

But ....

Most SPG hotels do not have soaker tubs. Any suggestions?
Old Jul 14, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by catarina
I stay primarily in Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto & Ottawa. Love Westins and my recent stay at Sheraton Suites Eau Claire Calgary was fantastic. Another favourite is Westin Harbour Castle Toronto - corner rooms.

But ....

You take baths in hotel tubs ?
Old Jul 14, 2014, 9:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by mendy7511
You take baths in hotel tubs?
Yes, but never alone.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 6:16 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Yes, but never alone.

I'll admit that in a moment of weakness, I took a bath in a hotel. It had been months since I'd been home, and I hadn't had a proper bath in ages!
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Originally Posted by mendy7511
You take baths in hotel tubs ?
Nothing a Bleach kit won't kill ....might feel like a Dexter moment but hey safety first lol
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Points Surfer
Nothing a Bleach kit won't kill ....might feel like a Dexter moment but hey safety first lol
Only after thoroughly scrubbing it twice. I actually do a full clean of my room when I check in and then decline housekeeping since I don't know what they do with glasses etc.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Yes, but never alone.
To clarify: I am looking for a separate tub, not a tub/shower combo. Those tubs I would never bathe in, even after a bleach soak!

Think of the Hotel Germain tubs filled from the ceiling .... Any SPG hotels with nice spa bathroom like that?

Otherwise I am limited to showers.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by Points Surfer
Yesterday, my little one had a BM in the bathtub and I immediately thought of this thread!
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:22 am

Programs: QF, HH
Any updated thoughts on this, being now 2018? I've the same question.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: AC SE, *Gold, Bonvoy Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), National Emerald Club Executive
The nicest Canadian one that I remember is the massive soaker tub in the W Montreal Fantastic Suite. And whatever/whenever were happy to supply bubble bath and rose petals!
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by catarina

But ....

Edited to add after the fact: (and of course, I just realized I responded to the first post of a really antiquated thread )

You'll probably have to do higher end and somewhere in Europe.

I can only think of Europe regarding soaker tubs... Le Meridien Hamburg came to my mind immediately for some of their larger suites, as well as the pre-renovated Sheraton (Grand?) Park Lane. There were others but forgot which properties specifically.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Originally Posted by Catweazle
Any updated thoughts on this, being now 2018? I've the same question.
LOVE the Corner Soak Tub rooms at the Delta Toronto. Take a nice relaxing bath, looking out over the city/Lake. Bathroom has glass walls. Curtains if you want to use them, but I prefer to look out over the city/lake.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
We got an upgrade to a suite at the Westin Bear Mountain in Victoria a few weeks ago and the suite had a soaker tub. Can't speak for regular rooms as it was a first time stay at the property.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by somedude3210
We got an upgrade to a suite at the Westin Bear Mountain in Victoria a few weeks ago and the suite had a soaker tub. Can't speak for regular rooms as it was a first time stay at the property.
They have many variety of suites. I've always been upgraded to a suite but I don't think they ever had soaker tubs, IIRC.
Do you remember which building/villa you were in?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm pretty sure when I stayed in a suite at the RC Toronto, it had a large separate bathtub and a shower stall.

Is the question about a separate bathtub in every room or the ability to confirm a suite with a nice bathtub?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.