Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Tashee Resort - Taiwan [Master Thread]

Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Indoor Pool Closure: April 26 - 28, 2016

From April 26 - 28, 2016, the indoor pool is closed for maintenance. Please contact the resort for further information.
Print Wikipost

Westin Tashee Resort - Taiwan [Master Thread]

Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: CX Gold, WOH Globalist , BonVoy Plat
Originally Posted by ZenWorld
Don't suppose they serve Plats evening cocktails with some fingers at their lobby lounge (like Sheraton Miyako Tokyo previously - minus the fingers though)?

Looks like a nice resort and the Suite is nice, but no food and also 40 mins away from Taoyuan makes the city-based hotels a good choice.

Thanks for your photos!
Nah, I asked
No evening drinks no welcome drinks, no dinning discount
according to my check out agent you get your 500 pts that's a privilege already, haha he said plat member get 500 pts which is way beyond the welcome drink level... guess he is not too familiar with the spg system
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:23 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Lol. I think that's someone very new to loyalty programs in general!
Old Feb 24, 2016, 4:16 pm

Programs: Delta FO
Not familiar with the area. Is it scenic, historic or fun? Nice looking property.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 5:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by atlocal
Not familiar with the area. Is it scenic, historic or fun? Nice looking property.
Scenic, nice looking. Less polluted, but in the middle of blipping nowhere
Old Dec 15, 2018, 6:20 pm

Has anyone stayed here more recently and can update Platinum Elite benefits at this Resort? Specifically, do they offer breakfast and guaranteed 4pm late checkout?

Is there an Executive Lounge?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Has anyone stayed here more recently and can update Platinum Elite benefits at this Resort? Specifically, do they offer breakfast and guaranteed 4pm late checkout?

Is there an Executive Lounge?
I would like to know as well - plat benefits???

Did anyone stay here using the free night certiciate and were able to add 2 toddlers under 5 for free in the room? If there is a fee, what is the cost?

thanks
Old May 17, 2020, 8:15 am

I've had a couple of stays here lately and can answer some questions. I know it's not much use to non-locals right now, but thought it might be helpful to somebody later down the line.
  • There's a scaled-down Bonvoy members lounge next to the Lobby Lounge for Gold members and above. Free juice, soft drinks, coffee, and some local snacks/cookies. They can process check in and check out here as well. You can also order food from the Lobby Lounge and eat it in this area (and take advantage of the free drinks), which is nice.
  • As a Gold member, we got an upgrade once but was denied another time, on the basis that the rooms were full. It is indeed a bit of a zoo on the weekends, especially in the early afternoon when arrivals and departures overlap.
  • Kids under 12 can stay free, as long as you don't need to add a bed.
  • All of the rates right now include breakfast at the buffet. The breakfast is decent -- not at the level of the top Taipei hotels, but I don't think you would find a better one in Taoyuan, Hsinchu, etc.
unclepants likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 9:40 am

A few more recent updates:
  • The hotel is still full every day, despite not running any promotions (they must have the best business in Taiwan).
  • The Lobby Lounge is participating in the increased dining discount offer for Asia (i.e. 30% discount for Platinum; 20% for Gold). I believe the Chinese restaurant and buffet are still unchanged.
  • For Platinum members with kids, the "ice cream" voucher (Asia resort kids amenity) can be exchanged for a small cake/dessert from the bakery.
  • We have gotten suite upgrades fairly regularly as Platinum (but have overheard other guests complaining that they were not upgraded). One of the agents told me that they give upgrade priority to Ambassadors, then Titanium, and then Platinum -- so here is at least one property where the levels above Platinum still make a difference.
  • We have never gotten checkout later than 1 pm (and usually not even that). You can still use the facilities until 4 pm of the day you check out.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it feasible to go to this Westin Tashee without a car?
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Is it feasible to go to this Westin Tashee without a car?
I've taken taxi there; drivers are willing to go. On the day of checkout, just tell the Hotel Concierge to prebook a taxi for you; I have done that, and no hassles whatsoever.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 6:09 pm

They also run a free shuttle bus service (reserve in advance) to the Taoyuan HSR station. Which is not really much closer than Taipei, but I guess it helps those coming from the south (or the airport, once upon a time).
Old Dec 8, 2021, 6:56 pm

Is there much to do without a car? There doesn't seem to be any easily accessible hiking or other outdoor activity in the vicinity.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 8:03 am

Even with a car, there are not that many sights nearby. Most guests will spend their whole time at the property (or perhaps the neighboring golf course).
Old Dec 10, 2021, 1:04 pm
PRS

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Gold, HHonors Gold
Our family of 5 stayed at this resort the first few days of January 2019 (more than a year before COVID) after being in Taipei for New Year's Eve. We enjoyed the drive from Taipei in our rental car but given the rural location those without a vehicle would probably only want to stay here if planning to spend all of their time and meals on the property. The resort is quite upscale in room furnishings and common areas. As Canadians, we enjoyed the large outdoor spaces and amenities even at the coldest time of year but they would be even better when it is warmer. Perhaps for this reason the resort was quite empty with only a few other families around. If you have young children this property is amazing with a large outdoor kiddie car race track and other fair-type rides and activities (all at no cost) in addition to a large pool area with waterfall and palm trees. Also a nice indoor pool with multiple saunas and hot tub. We enjoyed the large breakfast buffet each morning but to save money and explore the area we ate our other meals off the property and found a basic but surprisingly large night market in a nearby town that we ended up visiting twice.

Vyvd likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, EVA Silver
Just finished a stay here for one night, one room with points at 30k/night and another room with a 35k FNC. As Titanium I was only upgraded to a resort view, while my wife who is Gold (booking the second room for family) received no upgrade.

A bit disappointed with the lack of recognition for status here. Reviews from YouTube showed Gold guests getting upgraded to suites. We stayed on a weekday too, though one day after the end of a four day long holiday.

Property itself is excellent. Well maintained, clean, and lots of family activities including an arcade style basketball stall, merry go around, mini golf, and racetrack. Rooms were also very modern and up to Westin standards.

As Titanium we got two breakfast vouchers. Breakfast was excellent. The fresh yogurt made in house is one of the best I’ve had. Breakfast very comparable to the popular Grand Sheraton buffet in Taipei. Bonvoy usually offers discounts for on property restaurants depending on status, with Titanium receiving around 30% off, but because we stayed near a holiday we were told this discount didn’t apply. It also doesn’t apply for breakfast for the additional two family members we paid for.

For the CPP cost I’d stay again, though I’d say this is better for those with kids. As mentioned above, the location is a bit rural (actually situated in a remote and new residential area with mansions clearly targeting millionaires) and you need a car to access the better tourist sites nearby like Shihmen Reservoir, Daxi old street, Cihu Park, etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.