Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Cancun, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 15, 2019, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Club 91 email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Cancun, Mexico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by itravelalot
Don't forget to ask for your replacement benefit since I assume you're paying a resort fee that includes internet.
Why would you assume they're paying a resort fee?
The lack of resort fee was discussed on this thread, in 3 of the 7 posts before yours.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Don't forget to ask for your replacement benefit since I assume you're paying a resort fee that includes internet.
This property doesn't have a resort fee
Old Apr 27, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Here now, no suite upgrade but I didn't see any available for purchase on the website either so they might just be full. I don't mind much, the view from our room is amazing as it is and right next to lounge on the top floor.

Welcome amenity was either CONTINENTAL breakfast for two in the restaurant, points or F&B amenity, we went for a bottle of wine & cheese & crackers.

Also two glasses of champagne upon welcome.

Unlike what I expected, you ARE allowed to bring drinks/liquor out of Club91, you just have to pour it from a glass into a to-go cup.

Also very positively surprised by how "empty" the place feels. We woke up fairly late, had breakfast and by the time we got to the pool at ~1030 there were still plenty of beachfront beds available.
@Smiley90, were you in 1431? View was great from our room! And we took “roadies” to the pool everyday - sometimes in cups, sometimes still in the cans. We would definitely go back!
Old Apr 27, 2019, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by curl

@Smiley90, were you in 1431? View was great from our room! And we took “roadies” to the pool everyday - sometimes in cups, sometimes still in the cans. We would definitely go back!
We're still here just a couple rooms over!

Old Apr 27, 2019, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
We're still here just a couple rooms over!

Is it the dead season now? It looks way too quite on the beach.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it the dead season now? It looks way too quite on the beach.
The hotel and the beach definitely seem quite empty. Looking around at the pool chairs I'd say less than half of them are full at any point in time.

I'm not complaining that's for sure!
Old Apr 27, 2019, 4:50 pm
Suspended

The hotel and the beach definitely seem quite empty. Looking around at the pool chairs I'd say less than half of them are full at any point in time.

I'm not complaining that's for sure!
I wouldn't either. I guess I'm not surprised; a week can make a big difference at hotels. By now, with Easter having been last year (except for Orthodox Christians), most people have taken their spring vacation, if they take one. I just figured they were would be busy on weekends until at least Memorial Day weekend.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wouldn't either. I guess I'm not surprised; a week can make a big difference at hotels. By now, with Easter having been last year (except for Orthodox Christians), most people have taken their spring vacation, if they take one. I just figured they were would be busy on weekends until at least Memorial Day weekend.
From what I've gathered with staff, the weeks right before this one are the end of the high season with spring break and then holy week in Mexico. So Easter pretty much ends the season.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 11:59 am

From what I've gathered with staff, the weeks right before this one are the end of the high season with spring break and then holy week in Mexico. So Easter pretty much ends the season.
we were there for spring break (1st week of April) and it looked like this. we never got to the pool before 10/10:30 and no problem with chairs and shade. the beach was practically empty too - it was really windy with red flag all week though, making the ocean less appealing. it was great for us!!
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:23 pm
Suspended

we were there for spring break (1st week of April) and it looked like this. we never got to the pool before 10/10:30 and no problem with chairs and shade. the beach was practically empty too - it was really windy with red flag all week though, making the ocean less appealing. it was great for us!!
I wouldn't be surprised if the travel warning against Mexico and all the bad press Mexico and Cancun has received in the last couple years has had an impact. The whole beach market is so competitive. If all you want is sun, sand, and booze then there are so many places that offer it besides Cancun for those on a budget. Cancun isn't that inexpensive anymore.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 4:50 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the travel warning against Mexico and all the bad press Mexico and Cancun has received in the last couple years has had an impact. The whole beach market is so competitive. If all you want is sun, sand, and booze then there are so many places that offer it besides Cancun for those on a budget. Cancun isn't that inexpensive anymore.
Delta still wanted $1k per person round trip from MSP that week 😫 Compared to other places we go, Mexico (and the JW) is a great deal. I’ve never been into AI, so I haven’t considered Dominican. Where else do you recommend?
Old Apr 28, 2019, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Delta still wanted $1k per person round trip from MSP that week 😫 Compared to other places we go, Mexico (and the JW) is a great deal. I’ve never been into AI, so I haven’t considered Dominican. Where else do you recommend?
I paid ~300USD for a 6hr non-stop roundtrip from YVR...
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:36 pm

I paid ~300USD for a 6hr non-stop roundtrip from YVR...
it would have been way cheaper after Easter for us, but spring break 🤷🏼.♀️
Old May 26, 2019, 6:36 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Does anyone have experience with Club 91 and airport transfers? I am arranging them now. According to the room benefits, that's included. But, email correspondence says they want to charge me. I am asking them to clarify, but curious if they included for you or not.

Old May 26, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Update...they apologized and are provided transfers as part of our room rate. If you are Club 91, print the room benefits and ask them to include it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.