Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Cancun, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 15, 2019, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Club 91 email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Cancun, Mexico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Salisbury5
Can you please clarify. You wrote:
The rate I had included $100/night credit for incidental charges to the room. I had been told each $100 had to be spent the day it was credited or you lose it. When I checked-in, the Club 91 attendant told me that while I would see a $100/night credit, it would add up to $500 for me to spend as any amount through the week. That meant the $200 SPA massage charge was fully covered.
I am in the exact same situation, except it is $50/day credit. I too am staying on the Club 91 floor (or like you, with access to the lounge). I too have read elsewhere that the hotel is strict on "use it or lose it" per day charges. But you suggest that when checking in you were told otherwise. In the end, was the $100/day accumulated to $500/stay as you indicate above?
i just booked this rate as well - I booked it for 3 people (one is small child) so safe to assume no additional charges? The only thing that says “2 people” in benefits is the transportation inclusion. (We have a kid in a car seat with us) With a premium room, the difference was only $45/night for Club 91 benefits.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:54 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I do believe that the Club 91 rate includes 2 adults and 2 children (under 5 years of age.) If your child is over 5, then there will be an up-charge. I pulled the following from the rate rules for Club 91 (off the website):

Rate for 2 adults and 2 children under 5 years old
*Children from 6 to 12 years old pay 75 USD plus taxes daily
*Guests from 13 to 17 years old pay 100 USD plus taxes daily
*Guests older than 18 years pay 125 USD plus taxes daily
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by hhoope01
I do believe that the Club 91 rate includes 2 adults and 2 children (under 5 years of age.) If your child is over 5, then there will be an up-charge. I pulled the following from the rate rules for Club 91 (off the website):

Rate for 2 adults and 2 children under 5 years old
*Children from 6 to 12 years old pay 75 USD plus taxes daily
*Guests from 13 to 17 years old pay 100 USD plus taxes daily
*Guests older than 18 years pay 125 USD plus taxes daily
it doesn’t state that anywhere in my reservation. (Not an add-on but booked a club level room for 3 people)

i looked through all information, rate rules, etc. did you see this in your reservation somewhere ?
she just turned 6... eats very little, would not be worth $75

Last edited by curl; Feb 23, 2019 at 9:30 am
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:34 am

I see it in the rate rules when making a reservation. I remembered the rules from my stay in January. So I actually pulled that text by starting a dummy reservation for a month out and cut/pasting the rate rule information.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by hhoope01
I see it in the rate rules when making a reservation. I remembered the rules from my stay in January. So I actually pulled that text by starting a dummy reservation for a month out and cut/pasting the rate rule information.
different rate?
Here's my screenshot from a reservation for three people:
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I just booked a Premium Ocean view, Ocean view, Balcony on the Member Exclusive Offer, includes buffet breakfast for 2 adults daily at Sedona Grill, 25 pct discount off in Resort Restaurants, wireless Internet, spa gift - 25 percent discount, roundtrip airport transportation, see Rate details, rate plan.

Does anyone know if I get club lounge access because of my titanium status (or whatever they call my status now for having completed more than 75 nights last year?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by donotblink
Does anyone know if I get club lounge access because of my titanium status (or whatever they call my status now for having completed more than 75 nights last year?
No club lounge access at resorts with proprietary lounges.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 8:09 am

Has anyone been here (particularly on Club level) this month? Going in early April and concerned about photos posted this week on Trip Advisor with construction on the 14th floor. I thought the club level work was done??? Second-guessing this since we would come back up to the floor during the day to use the club amenities. I also emailed the Club 91 concierge two days ago and crickets! not impressed.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by curl
Has anyone been here (particularly on Club level) this month? Going in early April and concerned about photos posted this week on Trip Advisor with construction on the 14th floor. I thought the club level work was done??? Second-guessing this since we would come back up to the floor during the day to use the club amenities. I also emailed the Club 91 concierge two days ago and crickets! not impressed.
i just completed an 8 night stay 2 rooms on the 12th floor which I guess was overflow for the 14th Club Floor. We had access to Club 91. I was shocked to see a review showing renovations on the 14th floor presumably after we checked out. I can’t explain it. It seemed to us that all renovations were complete on the 12th and 14th floors. Renovations were definitely going on the 4th and 5th floors. I am very sensitive to noise. More so on vacation. And I heard nothing. But I heard grumbling from non Club 91 guests.

It it was a marvelllous stay. We checked out March 18. It was almost perfect. And I am very fussy. I am a Marriott Ambassador.
mmayer likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by Salisbury5

i just completed an 8 night stay 2 rooms on the 12th floor which I guess was overflow for the 14th Club Floor. We had access to Club 91. I was shocked to see a review showing renovations on the 14th floor presumably after we checked out. I can’t explain it. It seemed to us that all renovations were complete on the 12th and 14th floors. Renovations were definitely going on the 4th and 5th floors. I am very sensitive to noise. More so on vacation. And I heard nothing. But I heard grumbling from non Club 91 guests.

It it was a marvelllous stay. We checked out March 18. It was almost perfect. And I am very fussy. I am a Marriott Ambassador.
very happy to hear you had a good stay! I’ll be annoyed but my husband will lose his mind. I told him we’d be fine because work was done on those floors. Any recommendation on where on the floors to request for maximum quiet?
Old Mar 23, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA, UA Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Amb
Originally Posted by curl

very happy to hear you had a good stay! I’ll be annoyed but my husband will lose his mind. I told him we’d be fine because work was done on those floors. Any recommendation on where on the floors to request for maximum quiet?
Was just there the first week of March. Work is done on the 14th floor, the only thing they need to finish is the new carpet--they did the first floor going out to the pool while we were there.

The major construction is going on on floors 3, 4 and 5 in the main part of the hotel. If you think of the layout as a "T", the construction was in the descending part of the T. We were in 1441, which is in the cross of the T and heard nothing in the room. The work is way below you, but sound has a way of traveling through the structure. I'd ask for a room that isn't down the long hall from the elevators (likely room numbers 01 - 30ish).

The new club is great, Walter and the staff were wonderful as usual!
curl likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Am looking at booking the room with Club 91 access and was wondering if I can have breakfast downstairs or does it have to be in the club?

I think i also also get the $50 night credit so I can also use that towards snacks and drinks at the pool.

Old Mar 24, 2019, 2:36 pm

While we never tried to eat breakfast in the restaurant while there earlier this year, as a Titanium (you list RC Plat Prem as your elite level), you should be provided at least a continental breakfast. They won't give Plats and above access to the lounge for breakfast normally, so I would assume they would give you + 1 the required continental breakfast in the restaurant.

With that said, the club has a chef there that will probably cook just about anything you asked for. If there is something offered in the main restaurant not available in the club breakfast, I would bet they would bring it up to you if you asked for it.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
I have booked a Club91 with lounge access room since it was only like $45 more per day. The package shows a $50 credit per day and transportation for a stay of 3 or more nights which I would assume to be airport transportation, so it should all work out in the end.

I was just wondering if I could eat breakfast downstairs or does it have to be in the club? I know all the other food and drink is in the club and am not worried about that.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:26 am

Didn't try, so not sure, but would guess they would still allow you to. I will say that even though the food it an "upgrade" from a normal lounge, I still preferred to go out for dinner instead of eating in the lounge. I had a $100/night credit per day and used a decent chunk of that on trying out some of the onsite restaurants (in both the JW and the adjacent Marriott.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.