Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Cancun, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 15, 2019, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Club 91 email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Cancun, Mexico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by dngrmys
My family of 4, which include two children under five, are staying at the JW Cancun next spring. We currently have Club 91 on hold for about $175 a night (tax included) and I am wondering if it's worth the cost. The convenience seems nice, but I am not sure if we'd actually pay less eating at or near the hotel vs the club.

Are there any casual restaurants within walking distance of the JW? Any other experiences with Club 91 to confirm or deny if it's worth the upcharge?
are kids allowed in club 91? In Aruba the lounge there had no kids allowed. I say if you are big drinkers it could be worth it.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by jr1202sr
are kids allowed in club 91? In Aruba the lounge there had no kids allowed. I say if you are big drinkers it could be worth it.
Yes kids are allowed. In a similar situation with kids under 5. Love Club 91 - food is good and the convenience is great with the little ones.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 1:12 am
Suspended

Any thoughts on how this property stacks up to Hyatt Zilara? This one is definitely less expensive but it's not all inclusive like the Zilara is.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: Hilton - Diamond / Marriott - Platinum / SPG - Platinum / Priority Club - Platinum
Originally Posted by BigManOnCampus1
Any thoughts on how this property stacks up to Hyatt Zilara? This one is definitely less expensive but it's not all inclusive like the Zilara is.

Hi Bigman
I cannot personally compare to Zilara, but I can tell you that a group of us (with kids) stayed at the JW in February 2014. We had a great time! We went into town to shop for snacks, water, alcohol etc. and ate on and off resort every night. The grounds were meticulous, beach was beautiful, and staff were great.

When we were planning our annual winter getaway for February 2016, we decided that we would go to cancun once again (my 9th visit to CUN). It seemed as if I read every review out there wanting to try something new. I had narrowed it down to a few resorts, including JW, Ziva, and Westin. After all the reading we decided that JW was so great, we'd do it again.

After checking in, we had a bite, and hit the pools. Things were great, but I really wondered what we were missing at the other properties. For dinner we decided to go into town. We ate just down the way from Ziva, so decided to stroll through. We were given a tour, WOW! Three sides of beach, exquisite pools, 7 restaurants, a candy shop, coffee shop, and brand new rooms - they had us! We decided that we would be moving from JW to Ziva the next day! We were wow'd our whole trip at Ziva! So much so, that we are booked to go back in February 2017.

Again,, both resorts were great, IMO Ziva is far superior though. I hear that Zilara, is even better than Ziva...

PS - I am PP with Marriott, with no real recognition, and Diamond with Hyatt, with some recognition.

Hope this helps a bit.

Either way, enjoy Cancun!!
Old Mar 8, 2017, 11:28 am

I just booked 5 nights at JW Marriott cancun with points for 2 adults and 2 kids. It was 180K points + 125$/night for club 91 guest room.

But after the reservation, it says that there would be extra charge for 3rd and 4th person in the room. Does anyone know how much is the extra charge?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:15 pm

I am considering a stay at JW Mariott Cancun with 2 young kids, but strongly prefer to stay in a suite in order to have some time when kids go to bed. Booking an award stay I see there are suite available, but not at Club 91 floor. Is there a way to book a suite with club 91 amenities? Are there suites at club 91 floor level?

thanks
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA, UA Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Amb
Originally Posted by azappl
I just booked 5 nights at JW Marriott cancun with points for 2 adults and 2 kids. It was 180K points + 125$/night for club 91 guest room.

But after the reservation, it says that there would be extra charge for 3rd and 4th person in the room. Does anyone know how much is the extra charge?
Depends on the age of the children:

Children between 6 years old and 12 years old pay $75USD + tax per day per children. Children from 13 to 17 years old will be charged at $100USD + tax per children per night Every additional adult has a fee of $125 USD + tax per adult per night
http://www.club91.jwmarriottcancun.c...ckages-12.html
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by Nyurka
I am considering a stay at JW Mariott Cancun with 2 young kids, but strongly prefer to stay in a suite in order to have some time when kids go to bed. Booking an award stay I see there are suite available, but not at Club 91 floor. Is there a way to book a suite with club 91 amenities? Are there suites at club 91 floor level?

thanks
There are Suites on the Club 91 floor:

Available Club 91 Rooms:

Club 91 Room
Caribbean Suite at Club 91
Ocean Front Suite at Club 91
Presidential Suite at Club 91
They are probably fairly limited in number, so you would probably have to call the hotel to inquire if they aren't on the website. FWIW, when I was there in January, it seemed that there were guests who did not have rooms on the Club 91 floor but were using the lounge. You may be able to book a suite on another floor and still use the Club.

http://www.club91.jwmarriottcancun.c...ations-11.html
Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:38 am

MR Gold...is this property worth 45K points for a one night stay in early April? Any expected upgrades, benefits, etc.? Thks.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: Hilton - Diamond / Marriott - Platinum / SPG - Platinum / Priority Club - Platinum
Originally Posted by lamphs
MR Gold...is this property worth 45K points for a one night stay in early April? Any expected upgrades, benefits, etc.? Thks.

Not sure if timing would make a difference, but have visited twice (January/February) as PP. the only benefit we saw was 2 free coffees per day, in the gift shop. No upgrades.

Nice property though.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone have any details on the most recent renovations that were made here? Is construction still going on?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does anyone have any details on the most recent renovations that were made here? Is construction still going on?
Was just there in late January. I don't remember seeing any major construction going on. The only thing I remember is work on replacing railings in the area between the main pool and adult pool.

Although my wife reminds me that, during the day, there was definitely noise from some sort of work being done in a room near us. We think is was the floor below and a couple of rooms over.

Last edited by mmayer; Apr 1, 2017 at 7:18 pm
Old May 20, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Well, it is time to check-in and i tried to use the app to see if an upgrade could be pre-determined. The app chat function was very effective in me finding out that such an event would not happen.

How do folks feel - to check-in via app or not to check-in until we arrive in person?
Old May 21, 2017, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by pharmawalk

How do folks feel - to check-in via app or not to check-in until we arrive in person?
I prefer to check in upon arrival vs. mobile app, because you can always chat w/ the FDC about an upgrade/human interaction.

Other people prefer mobile, & some are doing mobile because Marriott has some sweepstakes going on to encourage folk to do mobile-check in.

Cheers.
Old May 21, 2017, 9:57 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by d20513
Not sure if timing would make a difference, but have visited twice (January/February) as PP. the only benefit we saw was 2 free coffees per day, in the gift shop. No upgrades.

Nice property though.
I sent my parents to the JW on a travel package for their anniversary 3/3-3/10. My PP status stayed with them to my surprise and they were treated better than I was at a US based Marriott I happened to be staying at.

I did let the hotel know it was their anniversary, but they went above and beyond. Suite upgrade from premium vie standard room. Champagne and strawberries the day of and day after anniversary, a couple of complimentary drinks at the pool bar I believe on multiple drinks due to status (my mom thought it was weird they kept thanking them for their PP status) and they were comped appetizers a few times when they were snacking at the pool. I told them I couldn't even get a bottle of water when the lounge was closed at the property I was at

I may have to give the place a shot myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.