Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Cancun, Mexico [Master Thread]

JW Marriott Cancun, Mexico [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 15, 19, 9:32 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: margarita girl
Wiki Link
Club 91 email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Old May 26, 19, 3:50 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LTPP; IHG Plat; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
While they waited until about 2 days before our trip, we were contacted by the Club 91 agents who then set up our airport shuttle. I
Old May 26, 19, 8:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by hhoope01 View Post
While they waited until about 2 days before our trip, we were contacted by the Club 91 agents who then set up our airport shuttle. I

Thanks... Good info. As they hadn't reached out to me with four days to go, I reached out to them-but they told me I had to pay even though I had a C91 room with a 5 night stay. I sent a screen shot of room benefits and they responded apologetically telling me it was included.
Old May 27, 19, 6:09 am

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Speedy Rewards Beverage Club
Provided you're booked into a Club 91 room, the airport transfers are included. You'll get an email from the club concierge a few days before arrival and provide them with your arrival info.
Old Jun 14, 19, 11:47 pm

Location: Austin TX, AA Platinum for life (who will live longer, me or AAdvantage?)
Can you provide the Club 91 concierge email address?
Thank you!
Old Jun 15, 19, 5:14 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LTPP; IHG Plat; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
This is the email they used for our communications: [email protected]
Old Jul 8, 19, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT GOLD, RC PLAT PREM
Just finished a 5 night stay at this property by myself (stayed in january with family) and here are my thoughts on Club 91:

1) No upgrade as usual and they even got my elite status wrong upon check in
2) Airport transfers were included and they sent an email a few days before to confirm the timings
3) Breakfast in the lounge and not allowed to go downstairs -- the breakfast downstairs is way better. Way more choices downstairs.
4) The food presentations are a huge joke -- if someone considers this as high level food, your culinary tastes need to be improved.

The only saving grace to Club 91 is the 6-10pm OPEN BAR.

Honestly, do not spend your money on Club 91. The only reason I did it was the price difference between the regular room and the Club 91 room was like $30 per night. I also got a $100 credit to be used to per day which I did not use up completely and I was able to use it up at the gift shop picking up two bottles of top shelf tequila and some chocolates to take home. I ate lunch at the pol everyday and charged that to the room, the drinks, ice cream and so forth to try to us up the $100 per day credit. They will not allow you to use it to pay for the room.

Construction noise wasn't really noticeable.