Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Fims
Also, if the lounge is back at the original place or still in the lobby?
The executive lounge on the 40th floor is closed due to “necessary maintenance “. Services, including happy hour, 5:30 to 7:30 pm, are offered at the Lobby Lounge. 😊
reggiekush likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 3:00 am

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
The lounge on the 40th floor is now open for teatime and snacks. Breakfast is still served at the lobby lounge or the restaurant.
restlessinRNO and reggiekush like this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 6:06 am

We recently visited the Executive Lounge on the 40th floor. Happy Hour is 5:30 pm until 7:30 pm. Even though this is a holiday weekend, lounge was busy but not full. We had a table by the window. There were perhaps six hot items, including eggplant soup, cheeses, salads, fruits and cakes, red and white and sparkling wines. Excellent service by Marriott staff, who were not overwhelmed. 😊
Singapore_Air and Kacee like this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
As a Titanium am I guaranteed access to the Executive Lounge if I book a standard guest room? If not and I book the "Executive lounge access, Guest room, 1 King, High floor" are there further upgrade possibilities? I'm not going until January so I assume everything will be open.
One more question. Any benefit having my travel agent book this? I read where some hotels have a f&b allowance.

Last edited by rxgeek; Aug 6, 2022 at 2:09 pm Reason: Added a question
Old Aug 6, 2022, 3:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by rxgeek
As a Titanium am I guaranteed access to the Executive Lounge if I book a standard guest room?
Yes (though there was a report recently that this property refused to grant lounge access on an award stay). Do not pay extra for lounge access, that's a complete waste of money.
One more question. Any benefit having my travel agent book this? I read where some hotels have a f&b allowance.
In general, no, and depending on the rate, it could cost you elite benefits and stay credit.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 9:06 pm

As a Titanium am I guaranteed access to the Executive Lounge if I book a standard guest room? .
Yes, as Kacee points out. We recently stayed as Platinum members. We booked a (paid) standard guest room and were upgraded to an executive room (higher floor) with executive lounge access. We enjoyed our stay. 😊
Old Aug 8, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes (though there was a report recently that this property refused to grant lounge access on an award stay). Do not pay extra for lounge access, that's a complete waste of money.
In general, no, and depending on the rate, it could cost you elite benefits and stay credit.
Thanks for the info. I planned on a revenue booking but I never suspected that revenue guests get better perks than award bookers. Makes sense.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Thanks for the info. I planned on a revenue booking but I never suspected that revenue guests get better perks than award bookers. Makes sense.
Just to be clear, it would be a blatant violation of Marriott T&C to deny club access on an award booking. Marriott elite benefits apply equally to award redemptions. I mentioned the reported incident at this property (denial of lounge access on award) only as a heads up.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 4:31 am

Titanium here. Staff were surprisingly rude and unresponsive while chatting to coordinate arrival. I ended up cancelling at the last minute and switching to Marriott Surawongse, who have always been a pleasure. I suspect Sukhumvit has bad management
​​​​​
HHQX888 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Kacee
I stayed on awards,no issue with lounge access. Only got upgraded to corner room. The hotel was very busy. I was offered the suite room on first night out of my 5 nights, but I declined.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
looks like we'll be there next week; for people who've stayed recently, how's titanium treatment?
I'm guessing breakfast is still in the restaurant with drinks/snacks in the lounge during the day?
Old Sep 14, 2022, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by lingua101
I stayed on awards,no issue with lounge access. Only got upgraded to corner room. The hotel was very busy. I was offered the suite room on first night out of my 5 nights, but I declined.
What ia your status? Im Titanium and have a bunch of these to use Certificate: CLUB LEVEL UPGRADE UP TO 7 NIGHTS.
Correction, these are Ritz-Carlton certs and can only be used there. This is not shown on AW.

Last edited by rxgeek; Sep 21, 2022 at 4:05 pm Reason: Upgrade certs
Old Sep 19, 2022, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
I'm lifetime titanium...but thanks! (board isn't working, this is my workaround)

What ia your status? Im Titanium and have a bunch of these to use Certificate: CLUB LEVEL UPGRADE UP TO 7 NIGHTS.
ETA I realized after posting it wasn't meant for me, but the board wasn't working consistently enough for me to go back and fix. kind of you to offer to lingua101, though!

still curious about recent titanium treatment if anyone has a data point.

Last edited by karenkay; Sep 20, 2022 at 6:24 am
Old Sep 20, 2022, 5:34 am

Deleted.

Last edited by rxgeek; Sep 21, 2022 at 6:09 am Reason: I misread your post.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by karenkay
ETA I realized after posting it wasn't meant for me, but the board wasn't working consistently enough for me to go back and fix. kind of you to offer to lingua101, though!

still curious about recent titanium treatment if anyone has a data point.
Sorry, that wasn't an offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.