Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Ginza Courtyard, Japan [Master Thread]

Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Marriott Forum Threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1577397-courtyard-tokyo-station-japan.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1577399-tokyo-ginza-courtyard-japan.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/136870-marriott-family-hotels-tokyo-japan.html
Print Wikipost

Tokyo Ginza Courtyard, Japan [Master Thread]

Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Typhoonpilot
I like the Hilton Tokyo Odaiba as a Hilton Diamond. Price is generally lower and the Rainbow Bridge view rooms are very nice.
It is a lovely view, a nice property, and a really nice staff, but a really impractical location for almost anything except the new location of the fish market. But not even really close to that.
craigthemif and CO-PLAT like this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Typhoonpilot
I just stayed at the Ginza Courtyard last week. As mentioned above the daily free drink coupons are not longer given to Platinums, only free breakfast. To be honest, at a normal rate well in excess of USD300 and really small rooms (even 9th floor and above) this hotel is poor value for the money. I won't be staying there again when there are better choices for less money.
I thought the rule for Courtyard is this and pressume the hotel has no lounge

Hotels WITHOUT lounge: F&B amenity OR $10 F&B credit for member + 1 guest, daily Hotels WITH lounge: 500 points per stay AND breakfast in lounge for member + 1 guest, daily
cur likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Sorry - concierge got back to me and said to make reservation past what's available online just send them an email.

Doesn't really help but I didn't have anything urgent so didn't bother inquiring further.
quoting myself here for some good news - I also inquired with the concierge & reservations if it's possible to make an MR booking for dates unavailable for booking online (e.g. anything further than a month out, pretty much) and it IS possible. So no need to wait and hope close-in availability is still there, just e-mail the concierge or reservations in advance and ask for a reservation to be made with your MR points.

To go back to Ginza or move to one of the two Prince properties is now the question... 140k for 5 nights vs 200k vs 240...
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
quoting myself here for some good news - I also inquired with the concierge & reservations if it's possible to make an MR booking for dates unavailable for booking online (e.g. anything further than a month out, pretty much) and it IS possible. So no need to wait and hope close-in availability is still there, just e-mail the concierge or reservations in advance and ask for a reservation to be made with your MR points.

To go back to Ginza or move to one of the two Prince properties is now the question... 140k for 5 nights vs 200k vs 240...
Not to go too off topic, but Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho is often bad value on points even at the current 60k rate. I constantly see opportunities to BRG it to 300 USD a night (have two such bookings already). Although, if it has to be a points booking, I suppose booking soon-to-be Cat7's are better than a Courtyard.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Not to go too off topic, but Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho is often bad value on points even at the current 60k rate. I constantly see opportunities to BRG it to 300 USD a night (have two such bookings already). Although, if it has to be a points booking, I suppose booking soon-to-be Cat7's are better than a Courtyard.
I mean, last time I stayed at the CY Ginza I got a BRG rate of 10600Yen incl. taxes, so... that's pretty much unbeatable as far as a bargain is concerned. And that included free breakfast with MR Gold that wasn't even guaranteed at the time... I feel like I have to reward that by going back Plus I absolutely loved the location. Might be better to save the points for the RC Kyoto or Suiran.

Will keep an eye out for BRG opportunities at Prince, maybe I'll be able to add a night there.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Love to see all the posts regarding this great hote! Never imagined it would blossom into a master thread 😁😯
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:24 pm

Does anyone have the hotel's email address by any chance? I would like to make a booking with points for october but previous replies in this thread indicated avails only get released a month out, and that I should email the hotel to make the booking online. Would rather not call them as international phone calls are quite pricey.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by divinebaboon
Does anyone have the hotel's email address by any chance? I would like to make a booking with points for october but previous replies in this thread indicated avails only get released a month out, and that I should email the hotel to make the booking online. Would rather not call them as international phone calls are quite pricey.
If no one replies with it, you should be able to call the Bonvoy support line, DM Marriott on Twitter, or PM one of the Lurkers here to obtain it and skip the international call.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've sent you a PM with it
divinebaboon likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
I've sent you a PM with it
Why not post it here? One of the most ridiculous things Marriott did was to remove email hotel address!!!!! Lovely to expect us to wait on hold for cs for 20-30 minutes (often the case as titanium!!) just to get info that should be on the site
pauq likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by estnet
Why not post it here? One of the most ridiculous things Marriott did was to remove email hotel address!!!!! Lovely to expect us to wait on hold for cs for 20-30 minutes (often the case as titanium!!) just to get info that should be on the site
Not sure if that's allowed, since it's not completely publicly available info... If a mod tells me it's okay I'll post it
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:28 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
What you have read is not accurate, I booked a week on line for last January several months ahead. I dont have the email address you requested but you will not need it, if you can book on line. Warning- the rooms are small, if you have status ask for a corner room but the location is better than I expected, close to Tokyo Station (two blocks) and the Imperial Palace. Enjoy your trip.
divinebaboon likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Not sure if that's allowed, since it's not completely publicly available info... If a mod tells me it's okay I'll post it
????? anyone can call and get it - just takes extra time - isn't that publicly available?
Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:57 am

I'm booked on points for June.

Thanks for the advice all

I emailed the hotel and asked for 5 nights rewards booking on June as the website is restricted to a month ahead. I requested the dates and added my titanium number, they replied within 24 h with confirmation of the booking.

The email addeass can be found if you search Google for 'courtyard Tokyo Ginza email', the link is on the first page. I believe the email address is also on this thread, just search for email.

Thanks all
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does the hotel still have the "Handy" smartphones in the room, which guests can use around town to make free international calls or access WiFi points?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.