Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Tokyo Station, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2018, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Map showing Tokyo Station, the Courtyard, and surrounding area - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15419&d=1467935271

A few additional tips: (courtesy of 8Tracks):

Arriving via Tokyo Station can be confusing and Google Maps didn't help while inside. Search for the Yaesu South Exit and once outside it will be a short walk to the hotel. (We came out on the Marunouchi side and Google kept directing us to go back inside, but I hadn't yet quite figured out how to navigate through the station without a ticket. We ended up walking around the north end of the station.)

Metro/Subway: The Kyobashi stop on the G/Orange/Ginza line is next door (past grocery/liquor store heading toward Ginza). If you take the escalator down you will find a shop that will sell unlimited 24/48/72 hr. (72hr=1500 Yen) metro passes for those carrying a foreign passport (you will need to show yours). Some metro connections may require walking up to 500 meters, so I'd recommend walking to/from the Takaracho station on the A/Rose/Asakusa if doing so avoids a transfer.
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Tokyo Station, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2016, 1:54 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Was the burger your breakfast?
Nope, it was one of the evening "light meal" options that are complimentary for Golds/Plats.

I suppose it was breakfast time in the US.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:15 am

Programs: MPC -> QFF
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Adding on to what others have posted...

I had also asked in my email for a complimentary upgrade and upon check-in I was told that I had been assigned a King Deluxe on the Third Floor (picture attached).

The room was about what you would expect for a Tokyo business hotel; cozy and functional. I was happy that the bathroom in my room didn't have the raised floor that some have reported.
I am looking at booking this property at the end of Jan, but I am not able to see any King Deluxe rooms on the website. What type of room did you initially book? I am also Gold MR, but don't mind paying a bit more to guarantee a larger room.

When I try to make a booking I can only see Double or Queen rooms (both 204sqft) and the larger rooms all have 2 twin beds (Deluxe and Corner rooms)

Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:59 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I had to book via Concur so I don't recall the room class, but I am sure it was the cheapest/lowest one available.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:30 pm

Email Address for Courtyard Marriott Tokyo Station

If anyone has the email address for Courtyard Marriott tokyo station and can provide it to me..

TIA
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by rembran
If anyone has the email address for Courtyard Marriott tokyo station and can provide it to me..

TIA
[email protected]
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by michelin
Old Mar 31, 2017, 12:03 pm

Which one of the courtyard is better .. courtyard marriott ginza or courtyard marriott tokyo station ?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:49 pm

Can anyone tell me why this property does not show up when I search for Tokyo or Japan on Marriott's site? Putting in random dates for next month and later this year I only see the following 14 hotels in Japan (searching "All" not just Available):
Karuizawa Marriott Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton, Kyoto
Okinawa Marriott Resort & Spa
Nagoya Marriott Associa Hotel
Renaissance Naruto Resort
The Ritz-Carlton, Okinawa
Renaissance Okinawa Resort
Courtyard Shin-Osaka Station
Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton, Osaka
The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, Autograph Collection
Courtyard Tokyo Ginza Hotel
Tokyo Marriott Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo

Are there other properties I'm missing?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by 8tracks
Can anyone tell me why this property does not show up when I search for Tokyo or Japan on Marriott's site? Putting in random dates for next month and later this year I only see the following 14 hotels in Japan (searching "All" not just Available):
Karuizawa Marriott Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton, Kyoto
Okinawa Marriott Resort & Spa
Nagoya Marriott Associa Hotel
Renaissance Naruto Resort
The Ritz-Carlton, Okinawa
Renaissance Okinawa Resort
Courtyard Shin-Osaka Station
Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton, Osaka
The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, Autograph Collection
Courtyard Tokyo Ginza Hotel
Tokyo Marriott Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo

Are there other properties I'm missing?
Try this:
https://www.marriott.com/hotel-search/japan.hotels/

Looks like its sold out on many days.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by michelin
Try this:
https://www.marriott.com/hotel-search/japan.hotels/

Looks like its sold out on many days.
Thanks. Your link displays five additional properties. The Courtyard Tokyo Station plus these soon-to-open properties:
Nanki-Shirahama Marriott Hotel (July 2017)
Lake Biwa Marriott Hotel (January 2018)
Izu Marriott Hotel Shuzenji (July 2017)
Fuji Marriott Hotel Lake Yamanaka(July 2017)
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:42 pm

Location: Base: EWR/LGA/JFK. 2016: BOM, DEL, HYD, BKK, SIN, HKG, ICN, NRT, LAX, SFO, DEN, ORD, BNA, IAH, MIA, MDE, BOG, CHO, IAD, LHR, LCY, FRA, ZRH, LIN, MXP
Programs: UA 1K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Ritz Lifetime Platinum Premier, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by rembran
Which one of the courtyard is better .. courtyard marriott ginza or courtyard marriott tokyo station ?
I think Tokyo Station by far. Ginza is older and the rooms aren't any bigger from what I remember. Unless you're there to shop, I'd rather be at Tokyo Station off the JR line with more travel options.
Old May 2, 2017, 2:43 pm

Nevermind..

Last edited by nsinfamous; May 2, 2017 at 2:53 pm
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Does anyone have experience with the size of the corner room 2 "twin" beds? From the looks of the very helpful video posted, it looks like the "twin" beds are bigger (i.e., wider) than the standard US twin beds, though probably not as big as standard US double beds.

I ask because I have young-ish kids and they are small enough so that these "twin" beds might actually work out for us. (I've already separately emailed the hotel asking about max occupancy issues with children and it doesn't seem like that will be a problem. It is more what we are comfortable with in terms of sleeping arrangements.)

Thanks.
atxtraveler likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: UA, Marriwood, Hyatt
CY Tokyo Category changes?

When I booked the CY Tokyo station back in June it was category 6. Now both the CYs in Tokyo are category 7. were there more category change announcements that I missed? Didn't see it on the March list.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
The other CY has been a 7 since last year. TS did an unannounced change from 6 to 7. If your reservation was made prior to the switch to 7 they'll honor the Cat 6 redemption.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.