Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Singapore Novena [Master Thread]

Old Jan 27, 2020, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Singapore Novena [Master Thread]

Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Most of what UA Mike reported is still accurate. I spent last Wednesday night here. If I had to describe in one word, it would be "small". The smallest room I've been in since...well, since I was in Singapore last at the AMOY. Room 3115 = standard room.

The bathroom walls are on rollers and you have to sort of build it yourself. I didn't like it at all.

There is no Executive Lounge. There is the Urbana Rooftop Bar on the 33rd floor.

You are only entitled to two "house pour beverages". It wasn't clear if that meant two per registered guest or two per room. My wife and I had two Tigers (cans) each and were not charged. The food and "house pour beverage" selection in the Urbana Rooftop Bar were poor.

The Novena MRT can be accessed easily with a couple minutes walk to the Velocity Mall inside Novena Square.
We walked to Balestier Food Centre in about 15 minutes and had some fair chicken satay with some proper large bottles of Tiger.

I would only ever stay here again if I was by myself. The room is way too small for two persons. The mattress is way too soft for my liking. I have stayed in at least a half dozen different hotels in S'pore and this was near the bottom of my list.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update & pics; much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:22 am

I was looking at booking a reward stay here but it seems that Reward Nights here are non-cancellable?
Is this typical?
Marriott Tang, JW Marriott however have 1 day / 2 day pre-arrival terms for Award stays

Marriott Rewards Redemption, non-refundable if cancelled more than 1 day after booking
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:34 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Cash rates, including both adv pay and not adv pay, are likewise not CXLable after 1-day.
Definitely something wrong here.....

Originally Posted by PayItForward
I was looking at booking a reward stay here but it seems that Reward Nights here are non-cancellable?
Is this typical?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:12 am
alc

Just wondering any recent report at this hotel? And did I read it correctly that they went from having a lounge to not having a lounge now?

Thanks
Old Oct 31, 2018, 3:49 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by alc
And did I read it correctly that they went from having a lounge to not having a lounge now?
Yes, they turned the space that was the lounge into a rooftop bar.

I live down the street from the property so haven't stayed there. But I will note that there is quite a bit of F&B that has opened in first three floors of the building. There is a bagel place, two Thai restaurants and a number of other businesses.

We have eaten at Two Man Bagel and Baan Ying and will return to both.

This blog lists a number of the F&B outlets.

http://danielfooddiary.com/tag/royal-square/
Old Nov 22, 2018, 8:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
What's offered in terms of breakfast for Platinums now ?
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Stayed there in August.

The benefit still the same, got the same letter as CO-PLAT.
Same benefit for Platinum, Titanium and Ambassador.

Was pleased with the complimentary drink quality in the poolside, worked many hours there at night and enjoyed the breeze.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 5:13 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Are Premier Rooms an better than the standard in terms of size/amenity/desk? Looked at booking this but realised they don't have suites...
Old Mar 28, 2023, 12:52 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Any recent stays ?
How is the swimming pool ?

Rates seem quite high here....minimum 300 SGD per night with all charges and taxes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.