Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Palazzo Matteoti, The Dedica Anthology, Milano, Italy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Palazzo Matteoti, The Dedica Anthology, Milano, Italy

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
First, chances for upgrades will be zilch for such a high occupancy special event period.

Second, the Autograph Collection does provide full elite benefits; Design Hotels do not.

Third, I'd strongly recommend the Excelsior Gallia (Luxury Collection) if you want the nicest possible stay in the Marriott portfolio.
Yeah Gallia is very nice, but the price is double, even using points. The peak period make Gallia from 20k to 25k / night. Palazzo need 40k marriott (13.333 Star points)
Is it worth to stay on Gallia?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:03 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by seba
Yeah Gallia is very nice, but the price is double, even using points. The peak period make Gallia from 20k to 25k / night. Palazzo need 40k marriott (13.333 Star points)
Is it worth to stay on Gallia?
Only you can decide if the premium is worth it.

During a high occupancy period, I’d want to go to the better service hotel—since it’s obviously harder to deliver good service at full occupancy. The question is what would you do?

Maybe one location is better. But I’d consider the Excelsior Gallia over the Park Hyatt and along with the Four Seasons. Which puts its cost/points premium in perspective IMO.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
Stayed here for 5 nights using points last week. As others have noted, staff is very friendly, location and rooms are good and breakfast is great. Rooftop bar is OK but service was terrible. 1:15 to get 2 appetizers.
IMHO there are no truly good views from this hotel so don't get your hopes up. As a PP I was pre-upgraded to a Panorama Room with Duomo View and the view was underwhelming.
If I had paid $$$ for this upgrade I would have been unhappy.

View from Room 515
Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by jrsinpdx
Stayed here for 5 nights using points last week. As others have noted, staff is very friendly, location and rooms are good and breakfast is great. Rooftop bar is OK but service was terrible. 1:15 to get 2 appetizers.
IMHO there are no truly good views from this hotel so don't get your hopes up. As a PP I was pre-upgraded to a Panorama Room with Duomo View and the view was underwhelming.
If I had paid $$$ for this upgrade I would have been unhappy.

View from Room 515
Heh! Just completed a 5 day award stay here and we were 'upgraded' to room 515, also. Still, it was larger than the room we booked, according to the website.

We had better luck with the service at the rooftop restaurant. It was quite good both times we ate there, and they had this killer Amarone.

Pluses:
- Breakfast was great. Lots of choices, including pistachios to put on cereal for the first couple of days and pistachio yogurt every day. Scrambled eggs were very nicely done.
- Very nice neighborhood. Top end shops (think Gucci) and the duomo in the vicinity.
- Parking area next to the hotel (maybe it was the hotel valet service) attracted some well-to-do folks, as I was able to get pictures of a Maserati and a Ferrari.
- Very friendly staff, as noted by others.
- Toilet area was separate from the shower area.
- Even though the SNA request was denied, we did get a larger room than what we booked.
- Did I mention that Amarone?

Minuses:
- The shower head was a rainfall type fixed to the center of the shower stall. Wouldn't have been too bad, but the water pressure was a little low, so it took some time to get rinsed off. Took to diverting to the wand to rinse off.
- Decor included those frosted glass walls between the toilet area and shower and sleeping area. Sorry, not a fan of glass walls of any kind around the bathroom facilities.
- No washclothes. Very common for European branded hotels, but, in my experience, not so common for American branded hotels in Europe.
- No food service, other than room service, from 3PM to 7PM. Again, pretty common in Italy, but we don't usually run into this in hotels.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend it, especially if your first trip to Milan and you are going to want to see the things in that area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.