Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Denver, Colorado

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Denver, Colorado

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
Westin Westminster--very vary rare on an upgraded rooms here -- only have 4 suites and they are not true suite but just two adjoining rooms. Breakfast is good in the restaurant. I go every 4th of July with the family and watch the firework go up in the park across the street.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
I ended up booking the Magnolia. The rates were pretty low, and I booked the suite. I like the hotel a lot. Two things: 1) there are not nearly enough plugs, particularly in the bedroom. I had to pull the side table away in order to find one. It's no tragedy, but just an annoyance. 2) the fan in the bathroom ran constantly. Unsure if this always happens or whether this was a technical issue.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 10:44 pm

Programs: United 1P
As a Titanium member, should I choose Residence Inn in Boulder or Marriott Boulder? They are both newly renovated and next to each other. Thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2019, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by kgkg
As a Titanium member, should I choose Residence Inn in Boulder or Marriott Boulder? They are both newly renovated and next to each other. Thanks!
Pick the one you want.

David
Old Apr 21, 2019, 12:59 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by kgkg
You get half the points at a Residence Inn... and it's a Residence Inn.
cawhite, CO-PLAT and MarkP24 like this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bigshooter
You get half the points at a Residence Inn... and it's a Residence Inn.
Some Residence Inn's are great! And price can be a factor...
Old Apr 21, 2019, 11:10 pm

Programs: United 1P
The Residence Inn Boulder is CAT 4 and Marriott Boulder is CAT 5. However, for the dates that I want, Residence Inn is much more expensive than Marriott. I have a 35,000 point free night certificate to use. I guess I will choose Marriott then, just because the M club looks nice. Thanks, all!
Old May 6, 2019, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Completed 2 night stay at the Westin Westminster. I’m titanium got upgraded to the executive suite with jacuzzi tub.... I decided on the breakfast instead of the bonus points. The coupon said just for Continental but waitress said to order whatever u want and it will cover it... Overall great stay and convenient if ur taking the bus in from downtown Denver
Old May 6, 2019, 11:45 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
Completed 2 night stay at the Westin Westminster. I’m titanium got upgraded to the executive suite with jacuzzi tub.... I decided on the breakfast instead of the bonus points. The coupon said just for Continental but waitress said to order whatever u want and it will cover it... Overall great stay and convenient if ur taking the bus in from downtown Denver
IIRC the restaurant at the Westin was pretty good, but the hotel itself didn't feel like anything special to me. I really liked the Westminster Marriott a few years ago when it was brand new. Decent location (unless you want to walk across the road to a movie theater ), the bar had a fantastic whisky tasting while I was there and the beef jerky in the M Club was outstanding. The room was nice too.
Old May 28, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
I'm planning to stay at the Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway on a Friday night, leaving the next morning on a 5:30am flight. I'll have a rental and was thinking about returning the car the night before and taking the airport shuttle back to DEN. Will the hotel shuttle pick me up from Hertz?
Old May 28, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Originally Posted by 764toHI
I'm planning to stay at the Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway on a Friday night, leaving the next morning on a 5:30am flight. I'll have a rental and was thinking about returning the car the night before and taking the airport shuttle back to DEN. Will the hotel shuttle pick me up from Hertz?
Most likely not, you'd either have to do the shuttle shuffle (rental car bus back to terminal, then hotel shuttle back to property). Or Uber/Lyft back as the shuttle shuffle can be time consuming.

There are about 40 DIA area hotels with shuttles, most are shared type, a company called Western owns nearly all (Owner brands them Circle Shuttle for the Gateway Aurora hotels).

The full Marriott has one of the few in-house dedicated shuttles.

When in doubt, call the property and ask.

BTW, their lounge ain't the best and does not operate Friday PM.
764toHI and levilevi like this.
Old May 28, 2019, 1:42 pm

What you are desribing is exactly why we (overpaid) and chose the Westin onsite. dropped rental night before.
RoyalFlush and MDtR-Chicago like this.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Originally Posted by levilevi
What you are desribing is exactly why we (overpaid) and chose the Westin onsite. dropped rental night before.
Stayed there 18 times (maybe 17?) in the last 12 months. A bit pricey, nice rooms, overpriced small portion breakfasts, no lounge, nice hot tub, but can't beat the location.
MDtR-Chicago and levilevi like this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Any recent thoughts on the Bonvoy properties near the convention center?

Looking for a 4 night stay in August.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: Delta GM, Delta Amex Plat,
I haven't personally stayed but the new Le Meridien/AC combo property gets pretty good reviews. Terrific rooftop bar also. Less than a block away from the convention.

The Aloft is average, a little noisy but also only about a block away.

Courtyard is in an old building right on the 16th St Mall, good character, not your average suburban CY. About 3-4 blocks away.

Magnolia gets high marks typically. Quiet(er) boutique property about 3-4 blocks away.

IMO you can skip the Sheraton (and the Westin for that matter), some people enjoy it but for me it's too much of a generic big box convention hotel although does have a great location also on the 16th St Mall & only 3-4 blocks away.

Renaissance is a terrific property in an old bank building. Good F&B options. About 4-5 blocks away.

Brown Palace is always an option if it's in your price range and is your thing. Although about 5-6 blocks away.

If you're looking for alternatives to downtown, there are 3 solid properties in Cherry Creek (JW, Moxy & The Jacquard). CC is a fun, upscale neighborhood about 10-15 min outside of downtown. Terrific restaurants, shopping, walking trails, etc.
RoyalFlush and FlyingFrZ like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.