Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Denver, Colorado

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Denver, Colorado

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Any rec's for Boulder? The Marriott looks good, the Renaissance is closer to my customer in Louisville but it doesn't look like there's much going on around it.

There's a couple of Courtyards but they all look old and tired.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:35 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
I assign OP one demerit for the use of "Starriott."
Would you have preferred "Marwood?:

In all seriousness, since the merger I do find it difficult to discern threads that take into consideration all now-Marriott options when comparing where to stay in a city. Having a better way to refer to "Combined Marriott & Starwood" is helpful.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:18 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I just stayed at the Residence Inn Denver Airport and was incredibly impressed! Great service!
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by MarkP24
I just stayed at the Residence Inn Denver Airport and was incredibly impressed! Great service!
The Tower Road location or Gateway Park? Thanks
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
The Tower Road location or Gateway Park? Thanks
Gateway Park. FYI, the airport hotels are about 12 miles or so away from the actual airport but they have shuttles that run on the half hour
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by MarkP24
Gateway Park. FYI, the airport hotels are about 12 miles or so away from the actual airport but they have shuttles that run on the half hour
Thanks. I've stayed at a few hotels at Gateway Park (including the Residence Inn). Tower Road is a few miles closer to the airport. I haven't stayed in a Tower Road hotel for several years, but there's a newer RI there (2017, I believe). Booked it; we'll see.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Ord Liza
Thanks. I've stayed at a few hotels at Gateway Park (including the Residence Inn). Tower Road is a few miles closer to the airport. I haven't stayed in a Tower Road hotel for several years, but there's a newer RI there (2017, I believe). Booked it; we'll see.
Gotcha. I wasn't aware. I will say that the Residence Inn at Gateway Park looked relatively on the newer side, but what really made it stand out was it's incredible staff interactions (and it wasn't just me due to my status as I listened to how they treated other members arriving as well, and was quite impressed).
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Renaissance or the Magnolia to stay downtown in a couple of weeks? The Ritz is booked and the Westin is a tad too expensive, though it could be done...
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
BTW - I updated the exec lounge sticky for all Colorado full-service properties.

Cheers.
CO-PLAT and levilevi like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Any thoughts on the Westin Westminster?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
Any thoughts on the Westin Westminster?
The location of that property makes the purpose of your visit very important, in my opinion.

Are you looking to stay there to be close to a work or family situation? If not, I can't think of many reasons to stay there. I guess if you were coming to Denver just to visit the butterfly pavilion it might makes sense to stay there.
cawhite likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by Score8
Renaissance or the Magnolia to stay downtown in a couple of weeks? The Ritz is booked and the Westin is a tad too expensive, though it could be done...
I can’t speak to the Ren as I’ve never stayed there, but I love the Magnolia, The front desk and valet teams are always spot on. They have a shuttle that will run you anywhere within a 1-2 mile radius (I forget the specific distance). Beware the base room (small as in NYC/Manhattan small), but as a PLT I’ve almost always been upgraded to a fireplace suite. The couple times I didn’t get the suite uograde were mid-week check-in when the property was at full occupancy.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:27 am
Suspended

It’s a spur of the moment trip. The hotels in downtown were a bit pricey.... as a Titanium I’d figure I’d get more bang for my buck at this location... I’m using public transportation to get to the hotel
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
It’s a spur of the moment trip. The hotels in downtown were a bit pricey.... as a Titanium I’d figure I’d get more bang for my buck at this location... I’m using public transportation to get to the hotel
I'd hardly call what RTD has at 36/Church Ranch BLVD as "public transportation." It's going to be limited to a couple of commuter coach buses up and down 36 that don't run very frequently outside of peak commuting times and not very often on weekends and your only real options are to downtown Boulder or Union Station in downtown Denver. Traffic in Denver isn't very bad and you'll find that any public transportation that involves a transfer probably isn't worth the time over ride sharing.

Based on your handle, I would equate staying at the Westin Westminster on a spur of the moment trip to visit Denver the same as staying at the Courtyard in San Bruno or the South San Francisco properties on a visit to San Francisco.

I'll clarify that I've never actually stayed at the Westin, just picked up coworkers who were marooned there because they didn't rent a car on a business trip.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by mpw81
I'd hardly call what RTD has at 36/Church Ranch BLVD as "public transportation." It's going to be limited to a couple of commuter coach buses up and down 36 that don't run very frequently outside of peak commuting times and not very often on weekends and your only real options are to downtown Boulder or Union Station in downtown Denver. Traffic in Denver isn't very bad and you'll find that any public transportation that involves a transfer probably isn't worth the time over ride sharing.

Based on your handle, I would equate staying at the Westin Westminster on a spur of the moment trip to visit Denver the same as staying at the Courtyard in San Bruno or the South San Francisco properties on a visit to San Francisco.

I'll clarify that I've never actually stayed at the Westin, just picked up coworkers who were marooned there because they didn't rent a car on a business trip.
As someone who travels to Denver every couple months and has stayed at that Westin, I completely agree. I only stay there when I have an early morning meeting in the area. You’ll really need a car if staying there, or a considerable part of your trip will be spent on public transportation rather than enjoying what Denver-area has to offer. Unless all your plans are around Westminster area, and even then it’s debateable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.