Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Denver, Colorado

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Denver, Colorado

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If CL is important & your stay is on a weekend, check the executive lounge stickey to make sure the DEN FS properties have lounges open on the weekend. If they don't, the RIs might make more sense.

Cheers.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 12:08 pm
AMA

Over the last 17 years, I've stayed in every part of Denver/Boulder one could stand. When visiting -Denver-, I prefer to stay on the south side, by Park Meadows Mall. My two choices are:

- FS Marriott South Park Meadows

- Residence Inn Denver South/Park Meadows Mall(just east of I-25 and just south of County Line Rd).

Both are new enough to be NOT all worn out, and the RI, in particular, is -just- enough on the fringe to also have pretty good rates most of the time.

I can be at the mall in under 5 minutes, most places in South Denver in 10-15(traffic permitting), and not be buried in people, traffic or buildings.

It really depends upon where you wanna be located. Den/Bld is one of those areas where you should avoid driving from one end to the other because the route choices are limited and very crowded during rush hour(s).

My last several visits, I've just camped out at that RI, as I prefer a kitchen. The FS hotel is new and nice, tho, if you prefer that route.

Most of the FS Marriotts are long in the tooth, as they were built in the 70s-80s, and if on the fringe then, are not any more. For the newer stuff, you have to go out a bit.

I'd specifically recommend against staying out near the airport, as you're halfway to Kansas way out there. LONG drive to civilization from the DEN airport.

If you wanna stay up near Boulder, check out nicer hotels along Hwy 36, the main route from Den to Bld(some located in Broomfield, CO). New enough to be nice, close to Bld. Or, stay in Bld, but be prepared to pay up most times if in Bld.

Also, I'd avoid staying downtown, as that's a PIA for driving. I think it's easier to stay on the fringe and drive to downtown for tourist stuff vs. staying downtown and going elsewhere for fun stuff. Off peak, it's not too bad driving from South Denver to downtown(very congested tho, in rush hour).
Old Jul 31, 2011, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ATLfly
Residence Inn is two blocks from the Marriott in City Center and has rooms which are twice as big for 1/2 the price. Also free breakfast, free drinks in the evening and free dinner. Parking is only $13/ day. By far the best hotel in downtown Denver.
Is this still the case? Ill be staying here next month and didnt know about the free dinner and free drinks in the evening? What exactly is it and how does it work? Like a club lounge for the whole hotel?

Is there a convenient public transportation option from the airport to the hotel?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 5:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond 4 MM, Marriott Titanium
There is a nice Courtyard in Louisville on rt 36 also the FS Marriott in Boulder does have a CL. Both are near public transit into Denver.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:27 am

Programs: AAEXP 3+MM, Marriott Plt and Plt for life, Hyatt Diamond
I do not like the Ren in Denver. It is right by a train track and the train whistle always wakes me up. If you do stay there pack your ear plugs.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:40 am

Programs: United- 1K, National-ExSelect, Hilton- Dia, Marriott- PlatPrem, Hyatt - Diamond
I too, would avoid the Ren in Denver. Not a big fan of the location, and it is run down.

My favorite property is the CY on 16th street. Given your options, I would stay near Park Meadows or Tech Center
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:42 am

Programs: United- 1K, National-ExSelect, Hilton- Dia, Marriott- PlatPrem, Hyatt - Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777

Is there a convenient public transportation option from the airport to the hotel?
I would try SuperShuttle. Taxi's in Denver cost a pretty penny, considering the airport is so far away from anything. Marriott City Center, RI Downtown, or the CY Downtown are all great properties. The CY is my favorite location
Old Aug 1, 2011, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is this still the case? Ill be staying here next month and didnt know about the free dinner and free drinks in the evening? What exactly is it and how does it work? Like a club lounge for the whole hotel?
If you're talking about Residence Inns, they have happy hour/reception drinkies & munchies in the evening Mon-Wed or Mon-Thurs (and brekkie in the morning each morning) in the breakfast area. Whether the munchies are enough to make a meal depends on the property. Plus I think it's just beer or maybe beer/wine. It's not usually the same calibre of a FS in terms of offerings.

Also, remember that you only get 5pts/$ spend at RI vs $10/$ spend at other Marriott properties.

Cheers.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I really like the Courtyard Cherry Creek. It is a 1/4 mile to I-25 and is much more like a full service Marriott. They have room service, a bar, and restaurant. The hotel is clean and fresh and I found the staff for the most part to be great. I spend about 30 nights a year here. There are also lots of restaurants within walking distance and the lightrail stop is within walking distance as well.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 6:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by rkmontoya
I too, would avoid the Ren in Denver. Not a big fan of the location, and it is run down.
If you haven't stayed there in a couple of years, they have done a nice renovation at the Ren in Denver. Still, I agree on the location. I used to take the location because they had better rates than any other FS Marriotts in town. Now they are higher or comparable. Not sure why that is.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:20 pm

Denver west foothills, which Residence Inn or Townplace

I'm looking for a 1 night rewards stay in the foothills on the west side of Denver to get a nice sleep and shower before heading into the mountains. I'm wondering which of these is the better choice.

Priorities:
1. 2 bedroom upgrade (gold elite status)
2. Quality of breakfast and evening reception
3. Nice pool
4. Nice furnishings

Options:
A. Residence Inn Boulder (cat 1-4 certificate)
B. Residence Inn Boulder/Louisville (15k pts)
C. Residence Inn Denver West/Golden (actually in Lakewood) (15k pts)
D. TownPlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center (7.5k pts)

We will have visited Red Rocks and will then head for Estes Park, so all the locations will work equally well.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:27 pm

2-bedroom upgrades aren't the norm, so good luck with that.

It's just me, but since there aren't that many places you can use a Cat 1-4 cert & you can use points everywhere, I'd go w/ the property you can use the Cat 1-4 cert & save the points for a stay at a high-end property.

Cheers.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 5:43 pm

I've had 2-bedroom upgrades for both my last RI stays, both on points, so I thought that it was the norm. The first time (Duluth, MN) it was just given by the manager, the second time (Metarie, LA) I asked.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 6:13 pm

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
Of those the Boulder is absolutely in the best location. If it were me on a vacation I wouldn't bother with the others - it's just not worth it to stay in those places. Boulder RI has been recently remodeled and I believe it's pool is outside. It's also basically halfway between red rocks and estes park on the quickest route between the two. It's close to some good to great restaurants, and a nice microbrewery/tap house a short walk across the street. It's also a town you could spend some time in walking around as it's quite a nice destination. I know those aren't listed in your priorities, but just some additional info.

As for the 2 bedroom upgrade, I can't remember ever getting one at an RI as a plat, though I've never asked. Problem is that it's availability based and if I know I'll need an extra room, I'd be very worried about it not being available. I have heard you can possible call the hotel or MR and try to use a 5k award upgrade to a 2bdr, but that's something I rarely see online. Chances would probably be worst at that upgrade in Boulder because it's a popular place, but I'd really call them to see what the situation is.

If you absolutely want cheap and want to stay at a strip mall, denver west is fine though. 7.5k points sure isn't a bad use, especially if you are staying on a weekday.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 7:41 pm

About the upgrades: both times for me it was for 2 night stays, once on certs, once on points, and within the last year. I'm wondering if the number of people on the reservation matters? There's no point in giving a 2 bedroom upgrade to a party without children on the reservation. I once got a 2 bedroom upgrade at a Homewood traveling alone on business and it was kind of creepy to have this large area of the suite unused/vacant.

On the slightly seedier side of US 6 near a strip mall, not that appealing, but cheap, yes. Never stayed at a Townplace.

I'd like to go with Boulder (not the Louisville one) but seems like an upgrade is least likely there, I'll call there and ask.

Stay will be a Monday, if that matters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.