Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Denver, Colorado

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Denver, Colorado

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2004, 11:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Thats the end of the Grand Prix weekend which is neat, but closes much of the car traffic down in downtown area...not a prob if you are on foot. In fact, it makes for an interesting, and fun weekend!

There is always cool stuff going on in downtown Denver in the summer, but be sure to get up to the mountains where the real fun is! Marriotts up there too!

http://www.denver.org/visitors/events.asp
Old Aug 13, 2004, 5:02 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Best Hotel in Denver

OK, perhaps not the best, but...

has anyone stayed at TownePlace Suites Denver Tech Center?
Any comments about it? This is just for this weekend.
(with MEB it's 39, not a bad deal I think)

any specific suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

http://marriott.com/property/propert...rshaCode=DENTS
Old Aug 13, 2004, 7:03 am

Location: newnan, ga, usa PM and 2mm Delta, LPM Marriott, Diamond Hyatt, Diamond Best Western, gold NW, Platinum 6C Priority
Originally Posted by Braswch
OK, perhaps not the best, but...

has anyone stayed at TownePlace Suites Denver Tech Center?
Any comments about it? This is just for this weekend.
(with MEB it's 39, not a bad deal I think)

any specific suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

http://marriott.com/property/propert...rshaCode=DENTS
This is a long,trafficy ways from the City and the area is dead on the weekends. That's why it's so cheap. Nice enough property, though
Old Aug 13, 2004, 7:28 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Check out the Marriott Park Meadows. Their weekend rates usually include full breakfast for two at a rate of around 89.00. I saw that they are currently offering at this rate PLUS a $100 bonus bucks cert for friday or saturday stays. It's a great hotel and very close to the mall. DTC to Park Meadows is about 5 miles south on 25 btw so it is essentially the same area that you are looking at.
Old Aug 13, 2004, 9:27 am

Programs: 1K (I know, my screen name is outdated), Marriott Plat, *Wood Plat, Five Star, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dingo
Check out the Marriott Park Meadows. Their weekend rates usually include full breakfast for two at a rate of around 89.00. I saw that they are currently offering at this rate PLUS a $100 bonus bucks cert for friday or saturday stays. It's a great hotel and very close to the mall. DTC to Park Meadows is about 5 miles south on 25 btw so it is essentially the same area that you are looking at.

I will second the Park Meadows Marriott. Just built about a year ago and right down the street from the mall and restaurants. Anything right in the Tech Center clears out on the weekends (its basically a huge office park). The JW in Cherry Creek is an awesome location but its going to be much more expensive. All of Cherry Creek is in walking distance and the mall is just steps away. The Marriott City Center is also good. Very close to the 16th Street Mall and the free shuttle which can take you to LoDo (about 15 blocks away).
Old Aug 14, 2004, 7:26 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
So original poster, what did you decide?
Old Aug 24, 2004, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA, MR, AA
Thought I'd report back that we decided on the JW Marriott Denver @ Cherry Creek. The hotel is great. Service is probably one of the best I have ever had. Got a good room facing the mountains. Rooms are a bit small, but a tad nicer - big bathrooms with all glass showers, extra cushy carpets, real big TVs. Concierge lounge had scrambled eggs and a meat every day in addition to the other usual stuff. Hotel is in a nice area. You pretty much have to valet your car - there is no parking. They're still building a Crate and Barrel and Condos right across the street, but wasn't loud or inconvenient.

I would recommend this hotel for the service alone. Only 20-25 minutes from DEN airport.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 4:41 am

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton
Did not know the JW was done already!

I am so bummed hearing about home. My mom and dad are flying this weekend from IND to DEN to check on our house for us...

Have you looked into the Renaissance up north? It is all suites and my husband stayed there once (yes, even though our house is less than a mile away from it...) and said it was lovely. Again, a buzz trip over to the Flatirons mall, which is even newer. (Buzz is this cool free tram that takes you everywhere around the mall, wouldn't you know Boulder does not want you to have to drive any more than you have to!) Flatirons opened August 11th, 2000 and is a fun place. Plus you are very close to boulder...

If you haven't, you should also look into the Boulder Marriott. It was very nice when I used to live there. It has a nice club. But that might be the weekend kids head back to CU...
Old May 14, 2005, 5:18 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
reply to question from last August

So original poster, what did you decide?
Sorry, I somehow missed this question.

I stayed at TownePlace Suites Denver Tech Center

It was very nice and was actually very close to the area that we were going to be doing some shopping. Aurora has a big Asian (Korean) gorcery store and a great costcos. We did some grocery shopping and then headed into the mountains.

The hotel was perfect for us, and great service. We got in late (2 am) and the ONE guy that was running the place was outside grilling. They have an outdoor grill that any guest can use anytime. He even offered us some.

Room was nice with kitchen.
Old May 14, 2005, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, HH Silver. AA, DL
JW Cherry Creek

I recommend the JW in Cherry Creek. It is a new JW and the amenities and staff are great. I have stayed there 10 nights since Nov. 2004. It has great restaurants and shopping nearby and is within 15 minutes of downtown Denver.

FrogFlier
Old May 17, 2005, 8:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG MR Platinum Prem
Sorry to keep an old thread going, but are there any opinions on the Townplace Suites Denver Southeast? It's a little cheaper than the one at the tech center and closer to where I need to be. I'm just wondering since I've never stayed in a townplace suites before, and I'll be there after a 3 day drive so I'd like to avoid any nasty suprises.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 6:48 pm

Any experience with the lounge being open on Saturdays or Sundays? I would imagine they are not, but it'd be nice.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 7:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Aurora Marriott Props??

I will be working in Aurora from July 18th to August 12th and staying at Marriott Props half the time for the 3 Stay/5K bonus promo.. probably collect some SPG & hilton nights on the other half of my stays as well

Office as I said is in Aurora and was wondering if there are any properties out there?

Also how far is it from Downtown to Aurora in the morning/evening if I stay in town?

I won't be staying on weekends most likely as I will probably be doing Mileage runs (at least thats the plan)

thanks
Old Jun 21, 2005, 4:20 am

Any experience with the lounge being open on Saturdays or Sundays? I would imagine they are not, but it'd be nice.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I will be working in Aurora from July 18th to August 12th and staying at Marriott Props half the time for the 3 Stay/5K bonus promo.. probably collect some SPG & hilton nights on the other half of my stays as well

Office as I said is in Aurora and was wondering if there are any properties out there?

Also how far is it from Downtown to Aurora in the morning/evening if I stay in town?

I won't be staying on weekends most likely as I will probably be doing Mileage runs (at least thats the plan)

thanks
"Saudi Aurora" covers a crapload of territory. Are you North? South? Central? That would help me make recommendations.

North: Airport Marriott at I-70/Pena Blvd/40th Avenue. Decent property. About four years old, I think.

Central: You may want to consider the JW Marriott in Cherry Creek and driving to/from. All surface streets and about a 15-20 minute drive both ways. (This is Cherry Creek to Aurora; downton to Aurora will probably be 35 minutes plus.)

South: Marriott Park Meadows. Kind of like the Airport Marriott, but only about two years old.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.