Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from May 2018:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...-recovery-2624
Print Wikipost

Ritz Carlton Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
After breakfast did they give you a check to sign before leaving or do you just leave after being full
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:01 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by happyvoid
After breakfast did they give you a check to sign before leaving or do you just leave after being full
We don’t remember getting a check at all. We remember just leaving, though I think we did ask if there was a check on our first morning.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:16 pm

we will be staying here for 5 nights on points this december and are spg/marriott gold. what can we realistically expect as far as loyalty benefits? will it just be a chance at room upgrade and 2pm checkout, or am i missing anything?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 3:44 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
I just checked out as a gold member and got a drink voucher for 2 (valid on a small drink menu) and were told that we would need to check out at 12.
In the room there was a box of local waffles when we checked-in and a fruit plate with a letter from the GM was delivered later on. I am guessing that the fruit plate + letter was a gold specific benefit.
We didn't need late check-out so didn't ask about it, and we didn't get a worthwhile room upgrade (we might have received a courtyard view instead of a city view) or free breakfast.

The concierge team are now fully briefed on the "visitation permit" for sahoji/Kokedera temple now, I asked them to apply for me a couple of weeks before my stay, they sent me the temple requirements and upon check-in handed over the permit and 2 pens for writing the sultras at the temple and directions on how to get there. A much better experience than Jermyn had previously described on this thread.
Jermyn likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:27 pm

When we went in 2017 as a gold we got a view upgrade room on the top floor and some welcome snacks.
We went back as a plat last month and got upgraded to a very nice suite, 2 drink tickets, free breakfast and checked out at 4 PM.
bhrubin and jmj10 like this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by beastieb
When we went in 2017 as a gold we got a view upgrade room on the top floor and some welcome snacks.
We went back as a plat last month and got upgraded to a very nice suite, 2 drink tickets, free breakfast and checked out at 4 PM.
Will be plat when we get there on November 13th. Really hoping for this! Great to hear about the upgrade, hope you enjoyed.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by jmj10
Will be plat when we get there on November 13th. Really hoping for this! Great to hear about the upgrade, hope you enjoyed.
Was really surprised on the upgrade. It was a top floor suite, it had its own balcony with Japanese garden and views of the mountains and river. One of the best hotel rooms I have ever stayed in up there with the St Regis Maldives. Was also surprised with the included breakfast. The only downside is we had a much harder time leaving the room to go explore, but it was our 2nd time in Kyoto so we didn't feel as guilty spending a bit more time in the room.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by beastieb
May I ask what type of platinum you are (platinum elite, platinum premier, or ambassador)? Wondering if the different level of platinum makes a difference of the type of upgrade/perks you receive.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by XFer2
May I ask what type of platinum you are (platinum elite, platinum premier, or ambassador)? Wondering if the different level of platinum makes a difference of the type of upgrade/perks you receive.
platinum elite. that being said I am also sure it has to do with capacity. it definitely was not a peak period.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 12:01 am
kkl

As a PPE, all I'm hoping for is a River room during Sakura
Old Oct 20, 2018, 12:35 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kkl
As a PPE, all I'm hoping for is a River room during Sakura
I'd imagine the only room upgrades at that time will be if the lowest rooms are oversold so people get pushed up based on status. The hotel itself being sold out is basically guaranteed. I do hope you can get your river view room though. I'm a PE visiting just after sakura season but I don't have any upgrade expectations because the rooms are still 150000 JPY during that time.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 1:54 am
kkl

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I'd imagine the only room upgrades at that time will be if the lowest rooms are oversold so people get pushed up based on status. The hotel itself being sold out is basically guaranteed. I do hope you can get your river view room though. I'm a PE visiting just after sakura season but I don't have any upgrade expectations because the rooms are still 150000 JPY during that time.
yup hotel is sold out. Expect nothing but hoping for something

hotel itself is beautiful can't want to go back
Old Oct 20, 2018, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by kkl

yup hotel is sold out. Expect nothing but hoping for something

hotel itself is beautiful can't want to go back
We have 2 rooms booked on rewards March 21-28 2019 and we are PPE. We are just happy to use the points for our stay and expect no upgrades and will be happy with the free breakfast!
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by musicscrip

We have 2 rooms booked on rewards March 21-28 2019 and we are PPE. We are just happy to use the points for our stay and expect no upgrades and will be happy with the free breakfast!
I’m PPE, staying on points in August. Even though it’s still a ways away for you, please be sure to post about your stay after it’s done. It will be very relavent for me!
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by musicscrip

You are so lucky on getting points! We were actually looking to arrive on the 29th. No points available. On my screens (yes have had to look on different platforms) nothing available from mid March on. Looked to me like blocked off.

May I ask how you booked? App, if so, which one? Website, if so, which browser? Or did you call?

I'd be absolutely thrilled with 5 nights at that time on points with breakfast. I hope breakfast stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.