FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Historic District, SC [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1542234-courtyard-marriott-charleston-historic-district-sc-master-thread.html)

pricesquire Jan 16, 2014 10:55 am

Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Historic District, SC [Master Thread]

Don't see a master thread on this property. Any recent stays?

Back when I lived in Charleston, this was a Holiday Inn (with decent reviews).

Haven't been back since it went Marriott.

Cheapest Historic District option, pretty good TripAdvisor reviews.

Looking for a FT take.

SkiAdcock Jan 16, 2014 12:36 pm

If you end up staying there, please do a 'trip report' in this thread, as it would then pop up in search if others are looking to stay at the property in the future.

Cheers.

pricesquire Jan 16, 2014 2:18 pm

I'll definitely do a trip report.

FWIW, the TA reviews on this property seem to be, across the board, superior to the Renaissance HD.

It was a good hotel under IHG, and I look forward to seeing what (if any) changes Marriott has made.

jtp1947 Apr 4, 2015 11:59 am

I am a Marriott Platinum and looking for a good Marriott property to stay at in Charleston. We have never been and looking for a good property to call home base for 5 nights.

GrandOldTurkey Apr 4, 2015 3:32 pm

I've posted to TA on the hotel. A good value, if a middle of the road hotel is what you want. It's not the 'Charleston' type experience of a fine BnB. Good solid rooms, some showing ware and age but overall 'OK'. Typical Courtyard food service, but a better as that all is fresh, not frozen. Parking at the hotel or across the street in a church lot. A nice central location as that lots of restaurants, etc. have opened uptown. It is also on the free trolly line for both the uptown/downtown service and the cross town service. There's a farmers market in the park across the street Sat. mornings.

njcommodore Apr 5, 2015 9:32 am

I haven't stayed here but I've hosted a few out of town people who stayed here. Everyone likes it. If you're ok with a CY in general, this is probably the second best Marriott option in Charleston. The Renaissance is great (location), but IMO rooms are a little small and it's pricey. The CY is very convenient for walking to many attractions and restaurants.

jtp1947 Apr 5, 2015 11:11 am

Thank you all, very helpful. I think I will upgrade my Cat. 5 to a Cat 8 and stay at the Renaissance and do a day trip to Savannah. Cost to go from a Cat. 5 to a Cat. 8 travel package upgrade was 65K MRP's.

wma Dec 18, 2021 5:57 am

Bump. Any recent stays? Thanks.