Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Taipei Marriott Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taipei Marriott Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2017, 3:23 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
If only staying for a night and flying out the next day at TSA (or conversely, arrive at TSA, overnight, and fly out TPE) is the Marriott a better option then the Courtyard?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Do they still have the branded coffee mugs in the breakfast room that say Marriott Taipei? Anyone seen any other properties that do something similar? Could be a nice souvenir...
Old Feb 22, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by msp3
If only staying for a night and flying out the next day at TSA (or conversely, arrive at TSA, overnight, and fly out TPE) is the Marriott a better option then the Courtyard?
Take the Marriott for sure. I had a room viewing the city, including a nice Taipei 101 view and a great view of TSA.

You can take the metro if you walk 10 minutes to the station and it's the next stop to the airport I believe. Maybe the 2nd one I don't remember.

No shuttle service, Taxi will be 250 TWD according to the hotel webpage. I was flying out of TPE so took a Taxi.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TSA is 2 stops from the Jian-Nan Road station. However, the walk to the MRT can be a little painful on hot / rainy days.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:52 pm

The thing is, I'm visiting at year end, and by then metro access to TPE will be complete. I also realized the Courtyard is right on top of the new THSR northern terminus (letting you go TPE -> THSR Taoyuan -> THSR Banqiao)
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Originally Posted by tmontemb
Do they still have the branded coffee mugs in the breakfast room that say Marriott Taipei? Anyone seen any other properties that do something similar? Could be a nice souvenir...
I stayed right around last Christmas. They were still there during that time.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I'm staying at the Courtyard in 2 weeks. Picked this over the Marriott due to their willingness to upgrade me prior to arrival.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, JAL Sapphire
Platinum breakfast when booking 2 rooms?

Just wondering if anybody has any experience booking 2 rooms here as Plat, and what the breakfast/lounge treatment is at this hotel.

Thanks.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Platinum Premier, AA - CK
Originally Posted by Chihster
Just wondering if anybody has any experience booking 2 rooms here as Plat, and what the breakfast/lounge treatment is at this hotel.

Thanks.
Staying here now (second stay in 4 weeks). I have only booked a single room each time and have been upgraded to a corner suite both times. Very nice room, awesome Bathroom, and huge bed.

The lounge is nice and has only been crowded one night. They have food from 5-7 (iirc), and drinks until 10pm. The staff is great and somehow remembers most folks by name.

The lounge is not open for breakfast. Breakfast is served in the Garden Kitchen on the first floor. Large buffet style spread with lots of regional, local, and western options. Provide your room number when entering and it is free depending on status.

Marks Teppanyaki is ok, not great. I offten either eat in lounge or go to Din Tai Fung (my favorite).

I haven't read the entire thread, but if anyone has any specific questions just ask. I'm here til Saturday but will be back about once month for a long time....

Last edited by Head; Apr 12, 2017 at 11:31 pm Reason: Update breakfast info
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The thing is, I'm visiting at year end, and by then metro access to TPE will be complete. I also realized the Courtyard is right on top of the new THSR northern terminus (letting you go TPE -> THSR Taoyuan -> THSR Banqiao)
You mean NanGang, not Banqiao, right?

The Airport Express is open now: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-a...own-check.html
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:47 am

Right, NanGang is the terminus

That's great news especially the check-in. I was always under the impression for years people wondered why the THSR stations were where they were (real estate, local politicians, etc), why it wasn't better integrated with TRA lines upon opening, etc. but it's finally starting to make sense! It would seem to me Taiwan infrastructure has changed a lot in the past 20 years, for the better...
Old Apr 21, 2017, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Right, NanGang is the terminus

That's great news especially the check-in. I was always under the impression for years people wondered why the THSR stations were where they were (real estate, local politicians, etc), why it wasn't better integrated with TRA lines upon opening, etc. but it's finally starting to make sense! It would seem to me Taiwan infrastructure has changed a lot in the past 20 years, for the better...
The rail line and station location is a huge political issue as generally it brings development. Who knows ho the decisions are made and a lot of the times it makes the transportation less efficient.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
The hike from the Airport line to the other MRT lines was long enough that we took a cab back to the airport from our hotel (not the Marriott) rather than drag our bags through it.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Platinum Premier, AA - CK
Breakfast starts in lounge on 8/21/17

Im back at the Taipei Marriott (6th stay here this year) for 13 nights. When checking in last night they let me know that breakfast service in the lounge (19th floor) will begin on 8/21. Platinum members could elect to eat there or the Garden Kitchen (1st floor).

I will report back on the offerings later in the week.

Side note.... I love this hotel. The staff is amazing and remembers my name from trip to trip. Also, the food options at the hotel are pretty good. The Lounge staff in the evenings is very friendly as well. They have also upgraded me to a suite on every stay.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Are you saying brekkie will only be in the lounge starting tomorrow, or still option of lounge or restaurant? Please post & I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.